Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Cross to Eden

Back to Guilds

A guild focused on obeying Gods word. If you dont want to live a life of godliness for Christ then this is not the guild for you! 

Tags: Christian, Bible, Cross, Jesus, Eden 

Reply A Cross to Eden
Have a interesting verse you have found? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Message from God
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:22 pm
Feel free to post in this topic any interesting verses you have found - one verse/group of verses per person each day.

"My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words.
Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man’s whole body.

Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.

Put away perversity from your mouth; keep corrupt talk far from your lips.

Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you.

Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm.

Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil."
-Proverbs 4:20-27 NIV

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:37 pm
" I, the LORD, am the first; And with the last I am He.” The coastlands
saw it and feared, The ends of the earth were afraid; They drew near
and came."-Isaiah 41:4-5

"You are My servant, I have chosen you and have not cast you away:
Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with
My righteous right hand.’ "-Isaiah 41:10

Message from God
Captain

Kitty_Angel17

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:11 pm
This is from a pencil my math teacher gave me for good luck.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." - John 3:16  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:29 pm
So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God,
-2 Timothy 1:8  

Lipz for Jesus

750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Voter 0

LittleTnCo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:52 am
Psalm 5

Trust in God for Deliverance from Enemies

Give ear to my words, O LORD;
give heed to my sighing.
Listen to the sound of my cry,
my King and my God,
for to you I pray.
O LORD, in the morning you hear my voice;
in the morning I plead my case to you, and watch.

For you are not a God who
delights in wickedness;
evil will not sojourn with you.
The boastful will not stand before your eyes;
you hate all evildoers.
You destroy those who speak lies;
the LORD abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful.

But I, through the abundance of your steadfast love,
will enter your house,
I will bow down toward your holy temple
in awe of you.
Lead me, O LORD, in your righteousness
because of my enemies;
make your way straight before me.

For there is no truth in their mouths;
their hearts are destruction;
their throats are open graves;
they flatter with their tongues.
Make them bear their guilt, O God;
let them fall by their own counsels;
because of their many transgressions cast them out,
for they have rebelled against you.

But let all who take refuge in you rejoice;
let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
so that those who love your name may exult in you.
For you bless the righteous, O LORD;
you cover them with favor as with a shield.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:59 am
Shall we complain about small things, or praise God for allowing us to have another glimpse of life?

Proverbs 27:7
He who is full loathes honey, but to the hungry even what is bitter tastes sweet.

This is a simple verse on explaining how a thankful person's perspective on the events that come to him. People in Africa are starving to get one small cup of rice, and you see kids at school complaining about the things they get. We should be grateful in how we were borned in America and how we can access the things we need. We should follow Job's example on how he persevered through times of struggle.

Here's a few verses from the book of Job.
3 Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason."

4 "Skin for skin!" Satan replied. "A man will give all he has for his own life. 5 But stretch out your hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face."

6 The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, he is in your hands; but you must spare his life."

7 So Satan went out from the presence of the LORD and afflicted Job with painful sores from the soles of his feet to the top of his head. 8 Then Job took a piece of broken pottery and scraped himself with it as he sat among the ashes.

9 His wife said to him, "Are you still holding on to your integrity? Curse God and die!"

10 He replied, "You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?"
In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.

The question is how do we maintain our integrity? Job managed to do so by not complaining towards God. In order to see how you can keep pulling through, we have to remain optimistic about the things we receive; whether good or bad. The earthly things that we have will all burn. "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. We shouldn't be thankful on 1 special holiday like Thanksgiving, but everyday throughout our lives.

Don't seek on looking at the pleasures of the world, but we should desire God to follow his holiness.  

Ransom3d

Kitty_Angel17

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:26 pm
Ransom3d
Shall we complain about small things, or praise God for allowing us to have another glimpse of life?

Proverbs 27:7
He who is full loathes honey, but to the hungry even what is bitter tastes sweet.

This is a simple verse on explaining how a thankful person's perspective on the events that come to him. People in Africa are starving to get one small cup of rice, and you see kids at school complaining about the things they get. We should be grateful in how we were borned in America and how we can access the things we need. We should follow Job's example on how he persevered through times of struggle.

Here's a few verses from the book of Job.
3 Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason."

4 "Skin for skin!" Satan replied. "A man will give all he has for his own life. 5 But stretch out your hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face."

6 The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, he is in your hands; but you must spare his life."

7 So Satan went out from the presence of the LORD and afflicted Job with painful sores from the soles of his feet to the top of his head. 8 Then Job took a piece of broken pottery and scraped himself with it as he sat among the ashes.

9 His wife said to him, "Are you still holding on to your integrity? Curse God and die!"

10 He replied, "You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?"
In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.

The question is how do we maintain our integrity? Job managed to do so by not complaining towards God. In order to see how you can keep pulling through, we have to remain optimistic about the things we receive; whether good or bad. The earthly things that we have will all burn. "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.

Don't seek on looking at the pleasures of the world, but we should desire God to follow his holiness.

this is the most interesting verse for me today. and i agree. sometimes we complain about what we have and how they dont appeal to us while others in the third world countries fight for one piece of bread or even a crum.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:15 pm
Hi Ransom. Thank you for sharing that scripture with us. There really are a lot of us that forget just how much we have it made. If we could just live an hour of someone else's life, maybe we would be more considerate and stop complaining so much.  

LittleTnCo

Ransom3d

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:17 am
LittleTnCo
Hi Ransom. Thank you for sharing that scripture with us. There really are a lot of us that forget just how much we have it made. If we could just live an hour of someone else's life, maybe we would be more considerate and stop complaining so much.

I see..but don't give any credit to my for it goes to Christ alone.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:53 am
This is just a bunch of verses here I listed, I'll come back here to edit this.

Ephesians 5:3
But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.

What I'm trying to point out is that many 'Christians' have fallen in the depths of sin with sexual immorality and greed. To be holy is to hate the things God despises in His sight. We must not laugh at the things He hates, not one trace of it. We should have a desire to do the deeds God is pleased by. Do take note that we are not saved through works, but faith through Christ alone.

2 Corinthians 7:10
Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.
Godly sorrow = The remorsing of when you or someone else has sinned. Unfortunately Joel Osteen doesn't quite care about one's soul but is seeking to raise up your self-esteem than following Christ himself. We have to protect our faith as an act of apologetics. In my family matters, I preach to my earthly dad, but he simply doesn't want to take no part in what I say whenever I say 'hypocrite' or 'stop being ignorant'. Like a stubborn child, he refuses to listen.

Proverbs
Warning Against Rejecting Wisdom
20 Wisdom calls aloud in the street,
she raises her voice in the public squares;
21 at the head of the noisy streets [c] she cries out,
in the gateways of the city she makes her speech:

22 "How long will you simple ones [d] love your simple ways?
How long will mockers delight in mockery
and fools hate knowledge?

23 If you had responded to my rebuke,
I would have poured out my heart to you
and made my thoughts known to you.

24 But since you rejected me when I called
and no one gave heed when I stretched out my hand,

25 since you ignored all my advice
and would not accept my rebuke,

26 I in turn will laugh at your disaster;
I will mock when calamity overtakes you-

27 when calamity overtakes you like a storm,
when disaster sweeps over you like a whirlwind,
when distress and trouble overwhelm you.

28 "Then they will call to me but I will not answer;
they will look for me but will not find me.

29 Since they hated knowledge
and did not choose to fear the LORD,

30 since they would not accept my advice
and spurned my rebuke,

31 they will eat the fruit of their ways
and be filled with the fruit of their schemes.

32 For the waywardness of the simple will kill them,
and the complacency of fools will destroy them;

33 but whoever listens to me will live in safety
and be at ease, without fear of harm."[/
i]
We must not allow ourselves to be like the Pharisees, for they are stubborn and hypocritical. Fortunately, a pharisee named Nicodemus repented and followed Christ smile By avoiding this situation, we must be willing to accept advice from others. Worldly traditions will not purify our sins no matter how hard we try, as a result we must rely on the Lord.

People have forgotten many things of sacred things like figurative speech in many ways.

This is a small note from Exodus
For seven days you are to eat bread made without yeast. On the first day remove the yeast from your houses, for whoever eats anything with yeast in it from the first day through the seventh must be cut off from Israel.[/i]
Yeast is symbolizing sin, and that Israel represents God's people. Sin will not be tolerated in Heaven no matter how small. People probably reading this verse or during Mose's time did not know what this meant. We have to study the gospel more than preaching doctrines.

Ransom3d

Ransom3d

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:38 am
A lot of people read the bible quickly and often forget what it completely means, there's a lot of things involved in this parable.
I apologize for not finishing this, but I will come back to it once I get the chance.

The Parable of the Lost Son
11Jesus continued: "There was a man who had two sons. 12The younger one said to his father, 'Father, give me my share of the estate.' So he divided his property between them.

The younger son not only asked impatiently for his soon-to-be possesions, but the younger son did not care whether his father died or not. He's saying something like this: ' Just give me the things I live here for, I don't want to have anything related to you, nothing at all. Honor during the time was valued very much during that time, the son most likely would've been smite with a hard slap. People in the village would shame the father himself for doing something like this.

13"Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living.

Now the son had what he absolutely wanted: Freedom. 'Not long after that' probably explains that he was so excited to get out of his father's way, that he proabably discounted all his father's inheritance in the market place. He most likely headed towards the Gentile country where the Pharisees themselves thought was outrageous. 'There squandered his wealth with wild living'. The man himself was probably near his teenager age. This portion of the verse says 'wild living' which probably concludes that he was with prostitutes, who knows what he plans to do in a distant area. He left his home, villagers, and family. Here's where the role plays next...

14After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need.
Many people reading this were saying something like: A famine, yeah not that bad considering there's a fast food place right around the corner. Here's a quote from William Manchester during the midieval are in Europe.

The years of hunger were terrible. The peasants might be forced to sell all they owned... in the hardest times they devoured bark, roots, grass;even white clay. Cannibalism was not unknown. Strangers and travelers were waylaid and killed to be eaten, and there are tales of gallows being torn down-as many as 20 bodies would hang from a single scaffold-by men frantic to eat the warm flesh raw.

15So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs.

Like most people, they find themselves in a lot of trouble but they rely on their own actions instead of God. The father of the story represents Jesus himself. In severe famines, people beg to get hired. Not only that, if a rich person refuses, the begger clings onto the person until satisfication. Feeding pigs require no education at all, only people with a mental condition would.

Ex: 28When he arrived at the other side in the region of the Gadarenes,[a] two demon-possessed men coming from the tombs met him. They were so violent that no one could pass that way. 29"What do you want with us, Son of God?" they shouted. "Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?"
30Some distance from them a large herd of pigs was feeding. 31The demons begged Jesus, "If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs."

32He said to them, "Go!" So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water.

The elite religious ruler would be disgusted to find someone working with animals like pigs according to their tradition.

16He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything.
Now many people know that pigs eat just about anything they find. Some farmers feed their pigs with garbage from restaurants. The pods the pigs were eating were highly indigestable for humans, pigs could barely digest it itself.

17"When he came to his senses, he said, 'How many of my father's hired men have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! 18I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. 19I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired men.'
During the time, in some other bibles, it says 'lowly servants'. During the era of the time, lowly servants were given less in value of things than slaves.
20So he got up and went to his father.

This is what true repentance looks like. The asking for mercy and the seeking of doing what Jesus does.

"But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

The father most likely had some sort of watchtower to look for his son. Even after a long period of time, he had compassion for his son even after dishonoring him. He ran towards his son, he didn't ask his servants to fetch him, he did the labor himself. Only young children would ever sprint like this, he was using the sake of his name just to bring his son back. Remember, we are all prodigals. The boy was probably full of pig-stenched but his father loved him anyways.

21"The son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.'

22"But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet.
Ring = Symbol of Authority, which allows the son to work with his property in any way he wanted to.
Robe = The biggest privilege someone would be offered, the father himself would probably only wear it only for a wedding of the younger/older son.
Sandals = The symbol of the restoration of sonship. Typically, servants did not wear sandals, but only the son/daughter and parents of the family would.
The boy was cut off before he could even say his whole phrase.

23Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. 24For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate.
A fattened calf probably ate precious grain, on hardly any occassion would it be slained to celebrate. 'They began to celebrate'. This is what's Heaven's joy is like all around, when one person repents.

25"Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. 26So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on.

The older son was probably 1 mile away, he asked probably one of the citizens on the outskirts, probably a young child still enjoying remnants of the joy.

27'Your brother has come,' he replied, 'and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.'

28"The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him.

The older son's real personality is now revealed. Only would a child of great hatred and jealously would they not enter such great joy.

29But he answered his father, 'Look! All these years I've been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends.

Not only did he angerly shouted at his dad, he wanted to have a party of his own without his family, just with his friends. The Pharisees thought they were saved through works, but now the older son was asking for the father's apology himself.

30But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes comes home, you kill the fattened calf for him!'

Note the 'this son of yours'. He in his true heart never gave a crap of whether his son or his father is alive or not. If he actually loved his family, he would try to counsel his brother of not leaving home. The only reason why the older brother stayed home was that once the father dies, he would be given a great portion of the inheritance.

31" 'My son,' the father said, 'you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 32But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' "

The older brother had these privileges already from his dad. Some of you guys probably think this is going to be a happy ending. Well, it isn't. The older son killed his father in front of the whole crowd.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:10 pm
Ransom3d
A lot of people read the bible quickly and often forget what it completely means, there's a lot of things involved in this parable.
I apologize for not finishing this, but I will come back to it once I get the chance.

11Jesus continued: "There was a man who had two sons. 12The younger one said to his father, 'Father, give me my share of the estate.' So he divided his property between them.

The younger son not only asked impatiently for his soon-to-be possesions, but the younger son did not care whether his father died or not. He's saying something like this: ' Just give me the things I live here for, I don't want to have anything related to you, nothing at all. Honor during the time was valued very much during that time, the son most likely would've been smite with a hard slap. People in the village would shame the father himself for doing something like this.

13"Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living.

Now the son had what he absolutely wanted: Freedom. 'Not long after that' probably explains that he was so excited to get out of his father's way, that he proabably discounted all his father's inheritance in the market place. He most likely headed towards the Gentile country where the Pharisees themselves thought was outrageous. 'There squandered his wealth with wild living'. The man himself was probably near his teenager age. This portion of the verse says 'wild living' which probably concludes that he was with prostitutes, who knows what he plans to do in a distant area. He left his home, villagers, and family. Here's where the role plays next...

14After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need.
Many people reading this were saying something like: A famine, yeah not that bad considering there's a fast food place right around the corner. Here's a quote from William Manchester during the midieval are in Europe.

The years of hunger were terrible. The peasants might be forced to sell all they owned... in the hardest times they devoured bark, roots, grass;even white clay. Cannibalism was not unknown. Strangers and travelers were waylaid and killed to be eaten, and there are tales of gallows being torn down-as many as 20 bodies would hang from a single scaffold-by men frantic to eat the warm flesh raw.

15So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs.

Like most people, they find themselves in a lot of trouble but they rely on their own actions instead of God. The father of the story represents Jesus himself. In severe famines, people beg to get hired. Not only that, if a rich person refuses, the begger clings onto the person until satisfication. Feeding pigs require no education at all, only people with a mental condition would.

Ex: 28When he arrived at the other side in the region of the Gadarenes,[a] two demon-possessed men coming from the tombs met him. They were so violent that no one could pass that way. 29"What do you want with us, Son of God?" they shouted. "Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?"
30Some distance from them a large herd of pigs was feeding. 31The demons begged Jesus, "If you drive us out, send us into the herd of pigs."

32He said to them, "Go!" So they came out and went into the pigs, and the whole herd rushed down the steep bank into the lake and died in the water.

The elite religious ruler would be disgusted to find someone working with animals like pigs according to their tradition.

16He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything.
Now many people know that pigs eat just about anything they find. Some farmers feed their pigs with garbage from restaurants. The pods the pigs were eating were highly indigestable for humans, pigs could barely digest it itself.

17"When he came to his senses, he said, 'How many of my father's hired men have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! 18I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. 19I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired men.'
During the time, in some other bibles, it says 'lowly servants'. During the era of the time, lowly servants were given less in value of things than slaves.

This is what true repentance looks like. The asking for mercy and the seeking of doing what Jesus does.

"But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

21"The son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.'

22"But the father said to his servants, 'Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet.
Ring = Symbol of Authority, which allows the son to work with his property in any way he wanted to.
Robe = The biggest privilege someone would be offered, the father himself would probably only wear it only for a wedding of the younger/older son.
Sandals = The symbol of the restoration of sonship. Typically, servants did not wear sandals, but only the son/daughter and parents of the family would.

23Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let's have a feast and celebrate. 24For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate.

25"Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. 26So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on. 27'Your brother has come,' he replied, 'and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.'

28"The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him. 29But he answered his father, 'Look! All these years I've been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. 30But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes comes home, you kill the fattened calf for him!'

31" 'My son,' the father said, 'you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 32But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' "

i saw this stroy in Bible Stories in the christian/catholic channel in Direct TV. It amazed me a lot and now i see a different version of it. I guess, because on the TV they try to make it softer for the children's mind but this story has always caught me. How a man from a family uses all his money given to him by inheritance foolishly and tries to gain all his money again. How the pigs symbolizes what turns to him and how je went back to his father. Now I more or so better understand this.
I'm not sure where in the bible but isn't there a story of a strong, strong man who doesn't cut his hair because he thought his hair had all the strength when it really came from God's blessing? I dont think its a true bible story but i just want to make sure.  

Kitty_Angel17

Ransom3d

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:38 pm
Kitty_Angel17
Ransom3d

25"Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. 26So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on. 27'Your brother has come,' he replied, 'and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.'

28"The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him. 29But he answered his father, 'Look! All these years I've been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. 30But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes comes home, you kill the fattened calf for him!'

i saw this stroy in Bible Stories in the christian/catholic channel in Direct TV. It amazed me a lot and now i see a different version of it. I guess, because on the TV they try to make it softer for the children's mind but this story has always caught me. How a man from a family uses all his money given to him by inheritance foolishly and tries to gain all his money again. How the pigs symbolizes what turns to him and how je went back to his father. Now I more or so better understand this.
I'm not sure where in the bible but isn't there a story of a strong, strong man who doesn't cut his hair because he thought his hair had all the strength when it really came from God's blessing? I dont think its a true bible story but i just want to make sure.
Ah, I believe that you are talking about the story of Samson. He can be found on the book of Judges. Samson's mother/father was told to never cut the hair of his for it will greatly weaken him. They also told him not to drink wine or any fermented drink. Samson finally gave in the secret when his wife kept complaining of how to control his strength. The Philistines finally imprisoned him, but soon were eventually killed once his hair grew back. Samson then committed suicide by doing so.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:00 am
12 "Therefore, son of man, say to your countrymen, 'The righteousness of the righteous man will not save him when he disobeys, and the wickedness of the wicked man will not cause him to fall when he turns from it. The righteous man, if he sins, will not be allowed to live because of his former righteousness.' 13 If I tell the righteous man that he will surely live, but then he trusts in his righteousness and does evil, none of the righteous things he has done will be remembered; he will die for the evil he has done. 14 And if I say to the wicked man, 'You will surely die,' but he then turns away from his sin and does what is just and right- 15 if he gives back what he took in pledge for a loan, returns what he has stolen, follows the decrees that give life, and does no evil, he will surely live; he will not die. 16 None of the sins he has committed will be remembered against him. He has done what is just and right; he will surely live.  

Ransom3d

Ransom3d

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:30 am
Hebrews 2:18
"Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted"

What I'm trying to point out here is that if we want to teach and spread God's word, we need to overcome the temptations ourselves. We have to examine ourselves first if we are up to scripture before we continue on teaching. We have to study the scripture completely before counseling so we can help people using our past experiences to guide them. We should always be open up for correction if in any case we flawed in anyway.

Matthew 7:4-5
How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

James 3:1
Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.  
A Cross to Eden

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff