Welcome to Gaia! ::

Random Gaian Charity: Hiatus =(

Back to Guilds

A really awesome chairty that helps people questing. 

Tags: Charity 

Reply Recycle Bin
Event Planning Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aerobe
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:27 pm
Alright. Like I said in the thread in the main forum I want at least 10 threads with things going on. So we need to come up with some games asap.

Mods will be required to post at least once a day during the event. Christmas Eve and Christmas not included as I know those are special days. If you have certain days you can't be here to post, please tell me! You will also receive funds from me to hand out a random donation of either 5k or 10k daily.

I was thinking the event could run from the 14th to the 4th.

So help me come up with some fun things other then these 3 things..

-Dice
-Bump
-Tekteks

I liked what MissMissie posted, the count down. So maybe that can be one of the threads. We could use either a Christmas item or a red/green/gold/white item for the countdown till Christmas and a sparkley/firework item for the countdown till New Years.

Then Pocket Nerd asked about a Secret Santa. I think we should do that as well. Maybe the price range can be 10k-15k? Not a whole lot but enough to get something decent.

Few weeks ago I saw someone talking about how they did a thing where there was a Christmas Tree and presents under it. People would post in a thread and when the thread owner rolled, if you were the lucky poster you got to pick a number (1-whatever). Then you received a gift. This happened until all the presents were gone. Maybe we could do 1 present given out daily and the present could be a item worth 20k?
(We would have a diagram of what items went with what number.)

We could do another Color thread where members can color Christmas/New Year images.

I'd like to have another graphics thread. This one would be for a new guild homepage graphic. Winner's graphic gets showcased on the guild homepage for 3(?) months and the runner up can have theirs showcased for 2(?) months.

I know the Pirate Treasure game was fun and a lot of members like it. Maybe we can do a "Find Santa / Find Santa's Elves / Find Santa's Workshop".

Hmm. That's all I got for now. rofl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:37 am
User ImageUser Image
For the Secret Santa I think what we should do is send out an announcement asking anyone who wants to join to sign up in a thread by a certain date. Then assign each person a number and have everyone generate a random number. Then individually PM each person telling them who they got. Depending on how many people join the entire staff may have to opt out so that one person isn't overloaded with all those PMs. If we have a low number I volunteer for that as long as no one else wants to participate. I'd like to join but I'm...ambivalent so it doesn't really matter. xd

As for the Countdown, how do we want to do the items? Are we gonna do a specific item or a theme? I just did a search of the MP and I'm afraid a lot of the nice Christmas items are very expensive.

Immortal Nobody
Vice Captain

Aerobe
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:55 pm
Hm. Alright. If someone rolls a number that is already taken, we can give them the number above or below it so they don't have to roll again.

I'm going to make graphics for the PM's we send out.

Yeah that's the only thing I am worried about.
I'm gonna look up some red/green/white/gold stuff and see if I find anything cute and worthy. XD

Edit:
How about a Marshmallow Snowman?
I thought about the Gold Fruit Flourish but then I saw that there wasn't a whole bunch of em... D:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:16 pm
User ImageUser Image
The snowman's cute. whee

I want the crew to be able to participate in the Secret Santa, so only one of us would be able to know all of who gets who. If you have other plans let me know. 3nodding

Immortal Nobody
Vice Captain

Aerobe
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:01 am
Hmm. Maybe if the price on some of the new cash shop items drops we can do those. I wont be participating in it. You can if you want to though.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:18 pm
User ImageUser Image
I'm offering so you don't have to sit out like you usually do. xp

Immortal Nobody
Vice Captain

Aerobe
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:27 pm
It's fine. xD
I'm participating in a Secret Santa in another guild.

I think Jay is going to visit me.
(He was Thom Sakimoto).
He said he was coming to the West Coast for a few weeks and asked what I was doing for New Years. So, He'll probably hit up Seattle. If he does, I wont be on much around then and I'm gonna rely on all the crew, especially you, tons. heart

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:08 pm
User ImageUser Image
Alrighty. Just tell me what you want done and it's done. 3nodding

Immortal Nobody
Vice Captain

Sakura_Madison
Crew

Blessed Nerd

22,225 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:12 pm
What about a scavenger hunt that involves the whole guild, looking for a clue. Like for example:

This place has the vital information to your dream.

Then they go to the forum and find an image like this:

User Image

I will have one image up per day. It will go to three people that find the picture the quickest and will be sent by PM. They will be awarded each a point and will be tallied till Jan. 3rd.

How does that sound?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:17 pm
I like that idea.
Would you be willing to host that?

Aerobe
Captain

Sakura_Madison
Crew

Blessed Nerd

22,225 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:44 pm
Sure, I would not mind being the host for it. biggrin

For prizes, what you guys think for first, second, and third place?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:29 pm
User ImageUser Image
Tell me which game(s) you want me to oversee. 3nodding

Immortal Nobody
Vice Captain

Aerobe
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:43 am
I want you take over the Picture This.

Together you and I will do bump and dice.

Do you want to do the tekteks?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:11 am
User ImageUser Image
Sure. How does that one need to be moderated?

Immortal Nobody
Vice Captain

Aerobe
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:36 am
Just make challenges and whoever entered before you posted the challenge, PM them with the challenge. Tell them to get them done asap. Once all of em are in put them all in the challenge post and put up a poll.  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff