Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 11 Level 3 - Advanced RPs (archive)
Riding The End (L3 | Archived | Fantasy/Sci-Fi) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KaosHavok

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:04 am
Forever withheld in an empty void
A peace in slumber the Horrors enjoyed
Never to wake till the End of Days
And reign destruction on all in ubiquitous ways

In front, The Nameless. He who holds the Clock that counts down to the End of the World. He is The Walker.
Behind him, V. He who beguiles Lust and Power. He is The Eraser.
At his side, Astor. He who plants the Tree of Life, and He who will Erode it. He is The Keeper.
Beneath them, Yogg. He who Opens the Way, Guardian of the Gate, The All-in-One and the One-in-All. He is The Lurker Behind the Threshold.
Above them, Thulu. He who is perched upon the Mountain of Madness and invokes Insanity from the void. He is The Whisperer in the Darkness.
Surrounding them, Zalgo. He who Waits behind the Wall. He comes. He is Chaos.
Accompanying them, Lustafos. He who Sings the Song that ends the World. He is The Conductor of the Seventh Score.
Beyond them, Riding the End, Necroma. She who Burns all living souls unto Damnation. She who Reaps the Ashes. She who holds The Bell. She is The Angel of Death.

Run now, fly, for the trumpets resound
The Four Horsemen ride upon the ground
The Gate has opened, the Silent Horrors cry
Beware, for The End of Days is nigh
But ask not, brave souls, who choose not to flee
Ask not for whom the Bell Tolls
It Tolls for Thee

Asmodius - General's log 13178: "Earth...that's what it was called, wasn't it? I can hardly remember anymore. Despite it being the most beautiful thing beholden in the Milky Way...it's nothing but an ashen wasteland now. If it's still even there at all. After three Earth years of traveling through space, we finally reached our destination...the one planet close enough to realistically get to and support us. Strangely, though...thirty years for us has been several centuries for this world. Its own dominant species exists...of course it exists. Were we so naive to think that a system that could support our lives wouldn't have its own lives to support?

These creatures...Elves, we call them because of their resemblance to an ancient Tolkein mythological creature...did not welcome us kindly. The Elves were already at war with one another for this planet's resources, and our desire to settle was not looked upon with kindness and understanding. But this planet...it is our only hope for continued survival, and as such we went to war. Our technology is far superior...our numbers far greater...we've seized a continent of our own and have been thriving for six of this planet's years, which we've adopted as our new time system. However, though their technology was primitive, we did not expect the mysticism of the Fae or the brute strength of the Trents. They had their own ways to fend us off...and what we expected to be a quick take-over has dragged on for so long...

My services are needed, now, but I will return to finish my documentation. Oh...yes, this planet. Calling it Earth would have been taboo, so we decided to stick with its label upon discovery...
'Bell'..."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:24 am
Asmodius - General's log 13179: "I have not had much time to document things, so I'll settle with a brief summary of our findings:

The Elves are the dominant species of this planet. Unsurprisingly, nature has taken a very parallel course with our old Earth, and the other plantlife and wildlife bear disturbingly close resemblance to our own. The Elves, though, have taken a very strange evolutionary path. Though they all belong to the father species, the sub-species are so astonishingly variable that they have completely different chromosome numbers, making inbreeding impossible save for the Rancor and the Trow. But I'm getting off-track. Allow me to explain.

The Elves are split into six sub-species, three under each of the two warring kingdoms: Aros and Ulla.

Aros holds home to the Fae, the Druids, and the Dryads.

The Fae are those which most closely resemble the Tolkein creatures. Pale, fair skin, etc. They are simply astonishing, though, for their mysticism. They have managed to master control of the elements; waves of our soldiers fall to their gouts of fire, rampaging cyclones, and disastrous earthquakes. Though physically frail, their sorcerous ways are not to be underestimated.

The Druids are a curious species that can mystically shapeshift into other creatures. In their natural form, they resemble Humans more than Elves, but their ears are still the same. From swift wildcats to overpowering bears, these Elves can manage their forms to match any climate. However, the average time they seem to be able to spend in any one form is around 2 hours before they collapse from exhaustion. It seems as though staying shifted drains them.

The Dryads seemed harmless enough at first...but we soon came to learn that their preference to healing is simply that...a preference. When in combat, their horrifying plethora of poisons is enough to put any sane man into a world of nightmares. They typically favor a green-ish or brown-ish shade of skin. Some have been found with bark or leaves growing out of them.

The Ulla kingdom houses the Trow, the Rancor, and the Trents

The Trow are a cunning bunch. They resemble the Fae, though they have much darker skin and lack the mysticism. This does not mean they are any less dangerous. Their lack of elemental powers has caused them to become much more cold and ruthless in nature to battle their foes. They are unrivaled masters of stealth, speed, and agility. Many find themselves slain by a Trow that's already re-hidden and left by the time they blink.

The Rancor are powerhouses and beacons of courage. Much less aesthetically pleasing than any aforementioned sub-species, these red and brown masses of muscle can power their way through anything without fear. These Elves are probably the closest to us Humans, disregarding appearance. They lack any form of magic, but their technological competence is nearly on par with ours, so much so that the most intelligent of them have mastered the use of our very own plasma weapons technology. They are also the only Elves who have managed to figure out how to decently pilot our vehicles. Warring with them has been like warring with ourselves...only in the form of the Incredible Hulk.

The Trents...last, but far from least, especially in raw mystery. At first, we thought they were some bizarre plant species that reached sentience. Imagine our surprise when we linked them to the Elves. These walking, talking, lumbering treefolk are unparalleled in raw power and defense, and they seem to possess the same healing powers of the Dryads to boot. The only thing more intimidating than being stared down by a squad of berserking Rancors is watching a Trent come after you wielding a tree trunk as a baseball bat.

This ends my knowledge on the current alien races. It seems as though Aros and Ulla have entered into a very shaky alliance against us, but it's difficult to tell with all of the infighting going on between them. I'm afraid I've spent all the time I can afford on documentation. If you are reading this...then please, heed this last bit of advice. Whether you're Human or Elf...please...
Find Aeon."  

KaosHavok

KaosHavok

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:40 am
Welcome to Riding the End

RP Rules:

1] Follow the standard regimen. (Follow ToS, no OHKOs/god-modding, you know the drill)

10] No controlling NPCs unless you are taking a temp. character.

11] Third person, past-tense only. Know moderate grammar skillz an know tlkin liek dis plzkthnx.

100] English language only for narration. Your character is allowed to speak whatever they want in quotations, but don't expect people to understand it.

101] Respecting a fellow RPer is a good thing, but at least a moderate portion of this RP will be spent in a 2.5/3/4-way all-out war. Characters do not need to respect anything.

111] Have fun!

1000] P.S. Kudos to you if you understand this numbering system.

1001] ???

1010] PROFIT

===============================================

Progression Rules:
1011] All newly-created characters will start at level 1. At level 1, you will be given 4 Skill Points (SP). On every Saturday after the RP starts, you will gain a level (maybe 2 if you contributed a lot). The level cap is 20. Every 4 levels, you will be granted 1 SP.

1100] What you do with your SP is entirely up to you. You can spend it at any time in the RP on any skill. When spending AP, color your post red with what you will be spending it on. You can dump a maximum of 3 SP into any one skill (this is not recommended. 1 SP is plenty to become proficient at any one skill, but if you REALLY enjoy being stealthy enough so that nobody ever sees you ever, then go ahead and dump 3 points into Stealth. Keep in mind this might mean you drop your dagger before you can do anything, but hey, entirely up to you.)

1101] Some skills have race requirements, level requirements, or previous skill requirements. Some skills can be taken by any race, but will be more beneficial to certain ones. This will all be made clearer later.

===============================================

Character Rules:
1110] Once you choose a race and are introduced, you are that race. No race changing, though you will be allowed to create a new character at level 8.

1111] RACES CANNOT CROSS-BREED. Only 2 races (Rancor and Trow) are able to procreate into a hybrid race, and even then it's most likely a miscarriage or stillborn. I don't do this because I don't think it'd be cool if they could, but it would throw the balance issue out the window completely.

10000] No. Just because you're a certain race does not mean you have to fight for that race's faction. But instances of treachery in the races other than human are few and far between.

10001] Make your character any way you like! I encourage fresh ideas and changes from the norm. More than anything, you need to have fun so build a character that you can enjoy playing!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:32 am
Characters!

Everyone's favorite section! It's time for character customization!
Steps:

1] Choose a race. Your starting race will determine a good amount of your abilities. In the second post of this thread, there's a summary of each race, and you can check the skills section to get a better understanding of what each race specializes in. If, after all of that, you're still lost as to what race to choose and have questions, never be afraid to PM me with questions/comments/suggestions!

10] If you're going to start out with certain skills, then go ahead and choose them. Remember, you get 4 skill points starting out. You can go ahead and spend them all, or you can save some to spend later.

11] PM me Isa-sama with your Character's name, race, your starting skills (if any), and a back-story. I'll post it here, then introduce you to the RP!

Characters:

SiberDrac
Name: Saturnine Rhapsody, "Nine"

Species: Fae

Skills: 1 Water, 1 Wind, 1 Earth

Background: In this universe, ubiquitous among all sentient beings, whether it has been publicly acknowledged or not, there are two forces that overarch all action: positive and negative. In our particular society, we have chosen to in general call this positivity "goodness" and this negativity "evil." Dominating these two forces are three motives: universal promulgation of the force; personal improvement; and entertainment. Nine falls into the category of evil, motivated by entertainment.
Nine is a happy creature. Many a horrified observer has seen him dancing merrily with the corpse of a bear, a wildcat, or the observer's closest family member. His pale, thin body is generally dressed in a combination of gaily dyed silks and parts of animals - tails, claws, eyes, etc. As such, he is not accepted into the rest of Fae society, or really any society at all; he lives on the outskirts of civilization, such as it is, and preys on the unwary.
In the advent of the human invasion, Nine has taken to invading Trow scouts' encampments, dropping off pacifying gifts of Fae memorabilia and tips on the locations of isolated settlements, just in case they need supplies. In return, he receives trinkets the Trow have stolen from human camps, and studies them. Though he is fairly ignorant of their uses, he has by now amassed quite an assortment of human knives, guns, steering wheels, and playing cards.
Perhaps an illustration would be best. One day, Nine decided that to further his opportunities to study the humans, he would need to set right his relations with his own kind. He thus approached a guard of the closest village he could find, knocked him out, and dragged him back to the forest. When the man awoke, Nine cordially introduced himself as the Lord of Hell (he had forgotten his given name several years earlier) and requested an audience. He didn't specify with whom; he simply requested an audience. To calm down the panicking guard, Nine stabbed him in the throat.
Future attempts went slightly better, albeit it was a slow process. He learned that his insouciant cruelty had earned him the surprisingly eloquent name "Saturnine Rhapsody" to describe how pleased he seemed with himself for causing the grief that followed him. Eventually, after promising to no longer use his water magic skills to force cattle to urinate while being milked (in addition to the equally-difficult-to-secure promises not to murder, mutilate, or otherwise terrorize the villagers), Nine joined the armed forces of yet another village, trading his connection with the Trow for absolution.

Isa-sama
Race: Trent

Skills: Fist weapons (both fists), Adapt, Berserk, and Meditate

Name: Ashling

Background: She is a 40 yr old tree that is extremely temperamental. She has thick bark, a tall trunk, standing at about 12 ft., and relatively large fists. As easily angered as she can be, she attempts to be a calm and nice person. Key word is attempt. Whenever she tries to be nice, it tends to backfire in her face because she goes about showing it in the worst way. Though hot tempered, she is an obedient girl and very loyal to those who gain her trust ( and/or have the patience to deal with her).

As a young tree, she grew up with the other females learning how to take care of the growing saplings. When the male trees left for training, Ashling wished she was allowed to go. Nurturing the forest was not something that she enjoyed doing - she had been a restless girl. Hoping to get the small tree to quiet down, the older females sent her to train with the male trees. Instead of making her meek, it made her more energetic. Ashling focus her energy on training to become a fighter. The male trees would make fun of her because she was one of the few female trees that tried to become a warrior - it made no sense to them why Ashling wanted to be a warrior.

She knew that they thought her lower than the surrounding male warriors, and that angered her. When angered, she trained. When she trained, the whispers from the trees started. When the whispers passed through her leaves, it made her angry. This cycle repeated for years until she found herself needed to fight the humans. Finally having a chance to unleash all the pent up rage, she eagerly left to become one of the first Trents to aid in the war.

SirBayer
Trajan Caedmon Jordan

Adapt
1H Pistol
1H Dagger
1H Throwing Knife
2H Combat Rifle
1H Grenade

Trajan is a rifleman and little more. That being said, he’s good at what he does. His riflemanship is variable enough to be effective at nearly any range his rifle is effective at. His story is of little interest, as in essence he graduated from high school and joined the armed forces, demonstrating excellent marksmanship and good infantry tactics. He’s simply served as a soldier for all of his fairly-short-to-date life (he’s twenty-four years old).

His armament is fairly simple. For a primary weapon, he carries a G660, a mildly common battle rifle. It’s chambered in 7.62x51mm, carrying sixty rounds in a magazine. For imagery, imagine a G3A3, with the grip extended to the handle and the stock replaced by something that looks like a blockier version of the Halo Assault Rifle. It does have a tritium-illuminated red dot sight. Currently, he only has the 3-rd burst trigger group; he doesn’t really need the automatic. His handgun is a Colt 2011, an incredibly tried and true design. It carries a 25 round magazine filled with .45 Armor Piercing Automatic Colt Pistol rounds. Beyond that he carries a knife for close combat, some number of fragmentation grenades, perhaps a pair of flashbangs, and at least a pair of smoke grenades. Amounts and occasionally types of ordinance vary based on the mission; flares, anti-personnel mines, explosives, and other such things appear depending on precisely what he’s doing. Often, some mixture of everything is given, as he’ll be expected to fend for himself. This is another of his talents, and a specific part of his training. Aware that he might be deployed to some foreign world, his superiors determined that he would be cross-trained with special forces to garner some of their behind-enemy-lines survival tricks. While it didn’t qualify him as special forces, it did rub off some important skills on him, and he carries them into effective war today.

Trajan is not a physically large man. He stands at a fairly average 5’ 11”, has dark hair and brown eyes, and weighs about 170 lbs. His hair is buzzed short to half an inch or so. He sports an Abe Lincoln-type beard of about the same length. His musculature is above-average, thanks to military discipline, but he is not bulging with manly power. He dresses appropriately and very conservatively when out of uniform, preferring clothing that tends to resemble the BDUs he normally wears. Personality-wise, Trajan is a quiet sort of fellow, reserved but cheerful enough on his own. He enjoys a joke, but he doesn’t allow it to get out of hand. Perhaps it’s a coping mechanism; perhaps it’s just how he’s always been. Either way, Trajan isn’t the sort of guy you get drunk with on a weekend night. It doesn’t help that he doesn’t drink.

Mr. Blackbird Lore
So there's this guy. Name's Donnie "the Dane" DuPont.
Donnie is one badass dude. I'm serious! I never seen a (hu)man kick as much a** as this guy!
He's a soldier by 'n by. Adaptable to any scenario (1sp), like some crazy Marine out o' them old flicks. An' I gotta watch him run some scrimmies with the grubs: he's fast as all hell, man! Seriously, he keeps pace with them younger athletic dudes! (1sp)
But man, there ain't nothin' like watchin' him on the range or in the target practice. He just lets go, man! That rifle blazin' (1sp) or wieldin' that shotgun (1sp) like it's a loaf of molten bread. ********, it's crazy!

Crazy AWESOME!

Sure, sure, but what's... y'know, what's he like?

Awright, awright. Well... Pretty tall guy. I wanna say like six-foot, six-two. BIG guy, gotta weigh at least two-hundred, two-ten. Blond hair, kept short like all them soldiers.

Dreamy...

'Ey, I'm right HERE y'know! So, like I was sayin', soldier boy. Big guy. He's like... what, thirty?

Really? Nevermind, a bit too old for me.

ANYWAYS, he's pretty cool. But not just cool, like... AMAZING. Y'know, he's one o' those guys everyone looks up to. Level-headed and smart and stuff, but he can be crazy if he wants to. He'll have a drink with his buddies, but only on weekends. I dunno, it's hard to explain. He's just got his s**t straightened out. He's got STRUCTURE.

Is that what they're calling it these days? Back in my day, we just called it a big p***s.

MOM! Seriously!?

Venom3001
Theridan Liu Jiar

Race: Trow

Skills:
Stealth (1)
Sprint/Acrobat (1)
1H Crossbow (1)
1H Sword (0.5)
1H Shield (0.5)

Theridan, like many elves, had little desire to fight a war with his own kindred. He knew full well the distrust of the Trents and Rancors for his people, and he didn't much care to unite with them to any degree to fight others; his village was isolated enough that he could simply ignore it, content to simply act as though there was no war - for in that village, there really wasn't. He hunted the animals with his crossbow, and he lived. That was it.

Then the humans came. It became a problem, Theridan knew, that transcended him, his village, his species. Every native lifeform on that planet was threatened by these foreign creatures. This, he decided, was a fight with meaning. It was not a question now of whether the war was worthy for him, but if he was worthy for the war. He entered a generic military training program, putting his hunting talents to use. The same techniques that could allow you to hide from an animal that saw the infrared spectrum could protect you from thermal visors. The same crossbow that could pierce the shell of any creature he'd encountered could break the soft human skin (and often their armor). Now, he puts his skills to use in what seems like a losing battle, but one his kind dare not lose.

Jokerman-EXE
Name: Osiris Darke

Species: Druid

Skills: Animal Form, Owl-Shift 1; Throwing Knife, 1H 2

Backstory: Tensions were high. Friends had been killed in unofficial skirmishes despite the accepted peace treaty. No one wanted to say it, but it didn't look like the uneasy peace would last, despite the creation of the middle ground. Something would have to change.

On a night like this, a woman of the Druid clan went into labor. For several hours, she pushed in almost total silence; her baby was born just as dawn broke through the window. Those present took it as an omen, and from then on the child was raised as one in whom lie many great expectations.

Osiris was that boy. From a very young age, he has known that he was destined to do something, something great, that would rock the very world they inhabited. His confidence - without hubris, for his parents had raised him to be a modest and honest hero - made it easy for him to garner followers, and he rapidly became a leader amongst his tribe. People, shortly after making his acquaintance, were very willing to follow his commands, issued with such authority, easy confidence, and earnestness.

When the humans landed on Bell, Osiris had a vision of sorts, a revelation, and knew what it was that he had been destined to do for his world. Already working on becoming the next Shepard of the Druids, Osiris is nonetheless supportive and friendly with Erin, the granddaughter of the current Shepard. Osiris leads his small band of troops into guerrilla-style combat, demonstrating impressive tactical prowess and leadership capabilities.

At this point, Osiris is around 32 years old. He has been through dozens of skirmishes with the UEC and Ulla forces and has experience with both.

Appearance: Tall is the first adjective you can think of for this guy. Like, stupendously so. Lithe and toned, he's more flowing than raw power, which can be equally dangerous. His long limbs and thin body make for an interesting, if not appealing, structure, though more often than not he's too thin, too tall, etc., for anyone to show any interest.

QuietBlue
Name: Morea

Race: Dryad

Skills:
Heal Wound 1SP
Leech Life 1SP
Meditate 1SP
1H Crossbow
1H Dagger

Background: Morea has never really had much desire for battle. She is generally an curious, easy-going creature who has more interest in playing little tricks on on her friends or peering in on the work of others. She was young at the time of the first war with the Ulla & doesn't remember much of it's beginnings other than being constantly told to hide by her elders. She was both irritated & intrigued by the other races &, once the truce was reached & the Catacomb named, she followed the many others that flocked to the neutral ground. There she grew up in slightly strained but relative peace, learning a few basic skills as well as more about the mysterious Trents, Trow & Rancor.

When the Humans arrived, she was once again intrigued & fascinated. Here was a completely new species from another world! Certainly they would have interesting things to teach her. But when they began to forcibly settle & attack her home, she couldn't understand & grew angry. Couldn't they just wait a little longer til the land could support them? Why did they have to be so impatient & destructive? For the first time in her life, she would have to fight against another & possibly kill. To that end, she decided to try & follow in the footsteps of her Queen & learn how to properly use the crossbow.

While she is ready to defend her home & her people to the end, she feels her heart is not really in it. She doesn't think she's strong enough to kill if she needs to & is scared she will fail...

Appearance: She is slight & sturdy, coming to about 5'7", with long, willowy limbs. Her hands & fingers are elongated, ending in sharp points (yes, they can scratch). Her skin is the color of ashy wood with the faint appearance of woodgrain. She has only just started to show bark on her elbows, knees & other joints and areas (Elder dryads are sometimes completely barked). Her hair is the color & consistency of soft dark moss, and grows long down her back. There are twigling branches growing out of it that bud, leaf & shed with the seasons. Her facial features are Fey, with slightly large, almond-pointed eyes in the shade of ripe mulberries (a dark, purple-ish black).

Xitemo
Name: Fairo

Race biggrin ryad

Skills:
1h fist weapon (Hand to hand combat) 3 sp
Meditate 1 sp
Heal Wound 1 sp
Heightened senses 1 sp
Adapt 1 sp

Background:Born into a small tribe of dryads, Fairo's tribe lived very close to where the first humans landed. Caught completely unawares by these new enemies, his family and friends were killed
quickly in the first skirmishes. His last remaining relative -the brother of his father- began to take care of him after taking the child and fleeing farther into the wilds in hopes of finding a stronger group to live with. They wandered fruitlessly though for many years, only finding ruins of what had once been their brethren. Fairo had just begun to come to age and was about to begin to be taught about his innate abilities when a human scouting party ran across his uncle and gunned him down as he foraged for food. Unaware of this and left on his own, Fairo could only assume he'd been abandoned. He knew only the basics of his own language as well as a few survival skills his uncle had taught him. The language was soon forgotten as he lived on his own. The skills were not. As he grew he became a predator of the forest, just sentient enough to respect the nature around him, but also feral enough to kill anything that looked like it could talk. The animals of the forest treated him as one of their own, and more than one human has claimed to have seen 'The forest devil' on his or her watch, always fearing that they will end up like they many others they'd heard of, found in the woods with their necks snapped and their innards eaten. All Fairo does now is search. Search for what though? He doesn't quite remember honestly. But he's pretty sure they look like him and not these invaders...

Appearance: 6' 2" with dark brown skin, and he has actually managed to grow many long waxy leaves over his head and neck, almost making him look like his hair is made of the leaves, though he does have messy brown hair underneath them. His eyes are a vibrant green that are always flicking about, scanning his surroundings. His nails are long and sharpened on rocks, aiding in his hunting abilities.

Enradus
Name: Azaria

Race: Druid

Skills:
1H Fist Weapon x2
Adapt
Animal Form: Mountain Goat

He is an orphan. His mother was being chased by a drunken Rancor and a Trow she had spurned into the mountains with him in her arms. She was a beauty unusual to the Aros, let alone the Druids, but that did not mean that she lacked in her skill with the animal form. The brave Druid finished the Rancor by turning into a lightning bug and leading his dull senses off a cliff. However, it took all her power to finish off the Trow. After some tussling and a well-placed kick to the rump, she was able to send the Trow plummeting to a stony death. But before he fell, he cast a potent poison that caught her unaware and struck her full force in the back of the head.

She attempted to walk to a nearby cave, but fell of frailty before she could even reach the opening. Her baby rolled out of her hands and right in front of the darkness of the cave. As she lay there, an abnormally large mountain goat with blank eyes slowly revealed itself from deep in the cave. The mother looked up at the goat, and there was a moment where they looked deep into each others eyes and spoke through their souls. After a moment, the goat understood what was needed, and laid down, comforting the baby with the warmth of his body, and sleeping there for the rest of the night. The mother whispered a prayer of protection, and laid her head down.

The next morning, she was nowhere to be seen.

Years later, he turned fourteen. He had been raised by the mountain goat, whom he later learned was named Walm, in the rocky quarries of the mountain. He learned to jump from rock to rock as easily as a mountain goat would, and subconsciously became able to turn into a mountain goat. Walm taught him how to protect his turf with only his soft head, which with practice, became as sturdy as a cliff face. Being taught by a mountain goat, he grew up walking on all fours.

One day, an adult female Druid came by on a hike to find another animal to master. But instead, she bumped into him, who instinctively tried to protect his home. But this Druid was a practiced fighter, and kept her own against him. At the deciding point in the battle, he took on his mountain goat form and readied himself to charge at the Druid. But when the Druid saw this, she dropped to her knees and raised her hands. "I don't want to fight you," she said. He, being raised without speaking, didn't understand a single word she said. But when he looked into her eyes, he could see that she meant no harm.

She stayed with him and taught him speech and writing in the all three dialects of the Aros and a newer way of fighting, while he taught her the form and tactics of the mountain goat form. He had trouble adjusting to having to walk on two limbs instead of four, but after some time, he mastered it. He even learned to eat meat, although it always made him cry, having known each animal they killed.

After a day of training each other, the Druid asked him a question as she looked at the fire for an answer.

"Do you think these wars will ever end?"

"Wars? What is 'wars'?"

She paused.

"Nothing. Nothing you have to bother yourself with."

"Okay."

She left that same day, leaving him with a set of clothes and a message:

"You have taught me a lot in the past few days. In gratitude, I would like to teach you something.

Outside of your world here in the mountains is my world. It is a world of trees and bushes and uncountable wonders. However, this world has many dangers, too.

There is an evil in my world that wants to do things to take over a larger world that includes yours, and I know you love your world.

The way things are, you have two choices.

You can choose to stay here and protect the world you love where it is.

Or, you can come to my world and remove the evil that festers in its heart.

Whichever choice you make, may the gods watch over your soul."

He looked over at Walm and spoke with him. After a moment, both nodded. After putting on the clothes, he carved a staff out of a nearby tree, rapping the end against a wall to check its sturdiness. He looked at Walm one last time, speaking through his eyes one last time. His mouth watered as he spoke his last goodbye.

And so began the journey of Azaria.

Appearance-wise, he is a very rugged child. He has a light brown tan to his skin with several scars from learning how to fight with Walm and the Druid. His head is topped with short, scraggly black hair with two elfin ears protruding out of it. HIs eyes are a dim yellow, but when he gets excited or adrenaline-pumped, their luster increases, turning a golden color. The clothes left to him by the unnamed Druid was a strongly-knit burlap sleeveless shirt browned with dirt and some leather armor bits that cover his shoulders and torso. In addition, there are a pair of pants that he tucks into a pair of slightly oversized leather boots with steel tips. The clothes also include a brown bandanna that he ties around his neck, with the knot in the back, creating a wrinkled triangle down his chest. Also included are a pair of gauntlets disguised as gloves, covered in a loose, moveable leather. When he takes on his mountain goat form, he has white hair all over his body with black marks around his horns. One of his horns is broken, though he doesn't know why. He has tried to picture it fixed when he changes, but it refuses to be.

Personality-wise, he is, in ever aspect, a child. He thinks things through in a very simplistic manner, trying to follow the teachings of his Druid teacher and Walm: "Keep things simple, even when it isn't." Having lived for twelve years in the mountains, he tends to space out and not pay attention to where he is, getting lost in his thoughts. He has no knowledge of personal space or social standing, and treats everyone equally because he knows no other way of treating people.

When it comes to fighting, he is a hand-to-hand combatant, disarming them if needed, then using quick palms and fists to wear down or knock out the opponent. He does not kill his opponents, but rather disables them by breaking their bones with his bare hands or knocks them out with swift, efficient blows to the head. When needed, he will fight as a mountain goat. This body easily allows him to adapt to all sorts of terrain, be it rocky mountain sides or finicky forest floors. Walm also taught him how to fight with horns and hooves.

Having grown up around Walm, he is able to slip into his mountain goat form very easily. But his youth keeps him from being able to stay in it the full two hours that most are able to hold. The longest he is ever able to keep his form is around an hour and a half.

KaosHavok

KaosHavok

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:18 am
Skills and Races

Races:

Aros
------Fae
------Druid
------Dryad

Ulla
------Trow
------Rancor
------Trent

UEC (United Earth Confederate)
------Human

??????? (To be revealed)
------????
------???????
------?????

Skills:

Okay, this is the skills section and the meat of character customization. Skills cost SP to acquire. Note: Weapon skills and most abilities are PROFICIENCIES. Just because you don't dump an SP into 1-handed swords doesn't mean you can't use them, it just means you can't use them well. Just because you don't put a point in stealth doesn't mean you can't hide, you just can't do it as well.

You start off with 4 SP to spend. Every 4 levels, up to a max of 20 levels, you get 1 additional SP, which means you get 5 more SP to spend over the course of the RP. Level restrictions end at 12. This will probably be an evolving section, and if the RP lasts long enough additional levels may be given, along with additional skills made. You will not be penalized if a skill becomes available after you've already joined the RP; you can give up a current skill to pick up the new one. However, this is the ONLY CIRCUMSTANCE (currently) in which skills can be dropped in favor of another. (I may be lenient at the start.)

Level 1 Skills

Weapon Specializations
2H = 1 Skill Point. 1H = 0.5 Skill Points. 2H weapons are stronger than 1H.
NOTE: In order to dual-wield a 1H weapon effectively, a full SP needs to be spent in it. Putting 0.5 in 1H Pistols and 0.5 in 1H Swords doesn't mean you can wield 2 swords and 2 pistols effectively. It does mean, though, that you can wield one in each hand at a time effectively.

Old World (All Races)
1H Sword
2H Sword
1H Axe
2H Axe
1H Mace
2H Mace
1H Dagger
2H Staff
2H Bow
1H Crossbow
2H Crossbow
1H Hatchet
1H Shuriken
1H Blow Gun
2H Polearm
1H Shield
1H Throwing Knives
2H Ball and Chain
2H Nunchaku
1H Fist Weapon

Modern (Human and ????? only)
1H Pistol
1H Revolver
1H Machete
2H Chainsaw
2H Sniper Rifle
2H Hunting Rifle/Combat Rifle
2H Musket
1H Grenade
1H Mines
1H Shotgun
2H Double-barrel Shotgun

Armor Specs (Human and ????? only)
Energy Armor (Negates Sprint ability) 1SP

Spells
Elemental (Fae and ???? only)
Water 1SP
Wind 1SP
Earth 1SP

Nature (Dryad and Trent only)
Heal Wound 1SP
Cleanse Poison 1SP
Restore Energy 1SP
Meditate 1SP

Poison (Dryad, Trow, and ???? only)
Leech Life 1SP
Sap 1SP
Tranquilize 1SP

Abilities
Adapt (Human, ?????, Rancor bonus) 1 SP
Pilot (Human, ?????, Rancor only) 1 SP
Stealth (Trow and ???? bonus) 1 SP
Repair (Human and ????? bonus) 1 SP
Animal Form (Druid and ??????? only) 2 SP
Sprint/Acrobat (Trow, Fae, and Human bonus) 1 SP
Berserk (Rancor and Trent bonus) 1 SP
Medicine (Human, Dryad, and ????? bonus) 1 SP

Level 4 Skills

Weapon Specs

All races except Dryad and Trent have access to Level 1 Modern Weapons.

Post-Modern Weapons (Human and ????? only)
1H Plasma Pistol
2H Plasma Rifle
1H Plasma Sword
1H Plasma Shield
2H Machine Gun
2H Kalashnikov
2H Flamethrower

Vehicles
Warbike (Human, ?????, Rancor only; Requires Pilot) 2SP

Spells
Elemental (Fae and ???? only)
Fire 1SP
Lightning 1SP

Nature (Dryad and Trent only)
Purge Magic 1SP
Constricting Vines 1SP
Resuscitate 1SP

Poison (Dryad and Trow only)
Paralytic Venom 1SP
Acid 1SP

Abilities
Animal Form (??????? and Druid only) 1SP
Elemental Weapon (Requires skill in weapon being enchanted; Requires someone to enchant with Elemental Spell; Only works on Old World Weapons) 0SP

Level 8 Skills

New Character
??????? Character 0SP

Weapon Specs
Biggies (Human and ????? only, 2SP each)
2H Grenade Launcher
2H Missile Launcher
2H Heat-seeking Plasma Sniper
2H Plasma Machine Gun

Vehicles
Battle-ready ATV (Human, ?????, Rancor only; Requires Pilot) 2SP

Spells
Elemental (Fae Only)
Light 1SP

Elemental (???? Only)
Shadow 1SP

Nature (Dryad and Trent Only)
Heightened Senses 1SP
Animal Communication 1SP

Poison (Dryad only)
Corrode 1SP

Abilities
Resist Elements (Rancor only; Requires Adapt)
Resist Poison (Trow only; Requires Adapt)
Resist Incision (Dryad, Trent, Druid, ??????? only; Requires Adapt)
Resist Impact (Trent and Rancor only; Requires Adapt)
Resist Projectiles (Human and ????? only; Requires Energy Armor and Adapt)
Resist Plasma (Fae only; Requires Adapt)
Rampage (Rancor bonus; Requires Berserk)
Silence (Trow only; Requires Stealth)

Level 12 Skills

Weapon Specs
Hi-tech (Human only)
1H Portal Gun 1SP
2H Plasma Cannon 2SP

Lo-tech (????? only)
1H Blade Launcher 1SP
2H Plasma Cannon 2SP

Vehicles
Mini-Seige Tank (Human, Rancor, ????? only; Requires Pilot) 2SP

Spells
Elemental (Fae only)
Plasma 2SP

Nature (Trent only)
Read Thoughts 2SP

Poison (Dryad only)
Parasite 2SP

Abilities
Cloak (Trow only) 2SP
Post-Modernize (Rancor only) 2SP
Bloodlust (???? only) 2SP
Chimera (Druid only) 2SP
Armed to the Teeth (??????? only) 2SP

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:43 am
Levels and Skills

Last updated Sat. 21 August, 2010. Check for any unspent points.

SiberDrac - Saturnine Rhapsody - Fae - Level 8
Skills: Water [1], Wind [1], Earth [1], Fire [1], Lightning [1]
Unspent SP: 2

Isa-sama - Ashling - Trent - Level 8
Skills: Fist Weapons (DW) [1], Adapt [1], Berserk [1], Meditate [1]
Unspent SP: 3

SirBayer - Trajan Caedmon Jordan - Human - Level 8
Skills: 1H Pistol [.5], 1H Dagger [.5], 1H Throwing Knife [.5], 1H Grenade [.5], 2H Hunting/Combat Rifle [1], Adapt [1], Stealth [1]
Unspent SP: 2

Mr. Blackbird Lore - Donnie "the Dane" DuPont - Human - Level 8
Skills: Adapt [1], Sprint/Acrobat [1], 2H Combat/Hunting Rifle [1], 2H Double-Barrel Shotgun [1]

Venom3001 - Theridan Liu Jiar - Trow - Level 8
Skills: Stealth [1], Sprint/Acrobat [1], 1H Crossbow (DW) (BADASS) [1], 1H Sword [.5], 1H Shield [.5], Silence [1]

Jokerman-EXE - Osiris Darke - Druid - Level 8
Skills: Animal Form [1], Throwing Knives [2]
Unspent SP: 4

QuietBlue - Morea - Dryad - Level 8
Skills: Heal Wounds [1], Leech Life [1], Meditation [1], 1H Crossbow [.5], 1H Dagger [.5]

Xitemo - Fairo - Dryad - Level 8
Skills: 1H Fists [3], Meditate [1], Heal Wound [1], Heightened Senses [1], Adapt [1]
Unspent SP: 0  

KaosHavok

KaosHavok

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:20 am
NPCs

This is where NPCs relevant to the storyline will be logged.

General Asmodius
Asmodius is the elected Commander-in-Chief of the United Earth Confederate's forces. He is of African descent, dark skin with short, fuzzy blond hair. He requires glasses to see properly and is in his late 40s. He is a cutthroat strategist and always approaches matters with as little emotion as he can afford. His primary objective is to keep the Human populace safe, and to keep them supplied. He can be seen on the battlefield on occasion, which is a rare behavior for people of his status, but he finds his presence highly motivating to the troops. His face contours suggest, however, that he is carrying a heavy burden...perhaps one not related to the war against the Elvish races.

Archmage Azrial
Azrial is a powerful Fae mage with fiery orange hair and blue eyes. He is a hero on the battlefield for his ability to always manage to stay one step ahead of his enemy. His age dates somewhere between 30 and 35, causing many to question his rank as Archmage due to his lack of experience. Regardless of his young age, he has lead the Aros through many a battle, both victory and defeat. Even in his defeats, though, he has always managed to mitigate his losses to a point where retreat can even be considered victory.

Lord Phalanx
Just as potent a strategist as Azrial and Asmodius, Phalanx serves as High Adviser to Battlemaster Cougar and his black skin mirrors his shadiness. As a Trow, his organized ambushes are rarely failures. Skilled in the ways of Guerrilla Warfare, he has no reservations in fighting dirty to achieve his victories. With Ulla and Aros's "alliance", he has managed to cripple Aros's forces through shady means. He is said to be one of very few people who went head-to-head with Azrial and managed to survive. Though it was officially a draw, there are rumors of a beef between them that nobody knows about.

Battlemaster Cougar
Cougar is the unchallenged leader of the Ulla faction. On the rare occasions he sets foot on the battlefield, the Rancor and Ents are said to go mad with pride and defenestrate all fear. He himself stands a towering 9 feet, a bulging mass of muscles. But his strength and rage aren't enough to earn one position of Battlemaster; his intelligence is believed to be unrivaled among the Elves. He was once seen performing open-heart surgery in the middle of a battlefield to save a near-fallen comrade, Behemo, which was probably one of the feats that lead to his title.

Queen Rendi
The Dryads' Queen, Rendi, is a potent healer and has long served to dampen losses for the Aros. Her dark green skin has tokened her by some of the dying she brought back as "The Teal Goddess". While she is a fantastic healer, she has taken a different route from most poison-combatative Dryads and become a starling marksman. Her aim with a crossbow is lethal to any who make their way into her cross-hairs. In another surprising twist, she respects the Trents and has tried numerous times to negotiate a change of loyalty with them, but all of them thusfar have ended in failure.

Grand Oak Behemo
Those who saw the ruler of the Trents in battle before his prime had passed usually saw nothing after. Though old and lacking the energy of youth, he is not brittle or withering. As his name implies, he is an unstoppable force when angered. The only being alive ever to ground him in honorable battle is Cougar. The two share a deep history of friendship and would gladly die to ensure the other's safety. Though something troubles the old soul...while he meditates, he is sometimes heard whispering about the man in the white hat...

Shepherd Sylvia
Her body is frail and failing with age, signaling a time is swiftly approaching for a new Shepherd to be appointed to herd the Druids. Though she is not fit for combat, her servants are ready to descend upon any who threaten to harm her with feral violence. The next in line to take up the role of Shepherd is her granddaughter, Erin, though many argue she is still far too young for the role as she is only 19. Because of this, some infighting exists within the Druid circles...and though Azrial and Rendi are able to somehow manage order, it is not certain what the fate of the Druids will become.

Aeon
Aeon is the biggest mystery to everyone except Asmodius. He was a human scientist, one of the brightest among his peers, but not astoundingly so. He vanished around the time the ships first landed. He is characterized by his white labcoat, a white top-hat, red hair, and a cane. Sometimes he's seen smoking an old wooden pipe. He is in his late 30s, if he's even still alive. Asmodius seems to think so, though he never talks about Aeon other than the cryptic message at the end of his last General Log. When asked about the message, he denies he ever said such a thing, saying it was simply static that sounded like words. However, it's said that each faction has formed secret units to discover the whereabouts of this mysterious man, and find out his connection to Asmodius.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:22 pm
Comments/Playstyles/Terms

Alright, I know things can be a bit confusing, so I'm going to do my best to explain them here.

What's with the ??????
There is one faction that contains 3 races I haven't revealed yet and will not reveal until later. Once unveiled, players who are level 8 or higher will be able to create a new character as one of these races if they so desire, or change their current character into one of the new races if it's plausible to the storyline. Right now "?????" denotes the hidden races. Once they're "unlocked", I'll go back and change everything.

Druids/???????? and Animal Forms
Naturally, shapeshifting can be a bit tricky and overpowered if not handled correctly. As such, there's certain restrictions to Druids:

1) You cannot stay in a form for more than 2 hours. Staying shifted slowly drains your energy, and attempting to force yourself to stay shifted will cause you to black out and automatically shift back into Druid form.

2) It's recommended that Druid characters just dump all of their SP into animal forms, however it's entirely up to you. Your first 2 will cost 2 SP each, then every form after that will cost 1 SP each. When you put an SP into Animal Form, you choose an animal and you can willingly shape into that animal at any time.

3) Unless you have the level 12 Chimera skill, you must revert back to your Druid form before switching to a new animal form. Also, you are not allowed to stay partially in one form and partially in another. The Chimera skill negates both of these, allowing you to go straight from one form to another and selectively shift body parts.

What does Bonus mean?
A skill with "Bonus" beside it means that if you choose to put SP in that skill and you are one of the races listed next to the bonus, you are 50% more proficient with that skill. For example, if a Trow and Rancor both were to take the "Stealth" skill, the Trow would be 1.5x better than the Rancor.

What is Meditate?
Meditate is a spell under the Nature tree (pun intended) that Trents and Dryads can pick up. With this talent, you do not need to sleep to restore fatigue. Instead, you enter a restorative, relaxing trance that allows you to continue being fully aware of your surroundings with the same benefits as sleeping. Also, it slightly heightens your senses while you're awake, but this is passive and modest, unlike the concentrative skill "Heighten Senses".

What is Adapt?
Adaptability is one of the fundamentals of surviving in a foreign environment. This is equivalent to a standard "luck" skill in that it slightly touches everything about your character. A character with this skill will be slightly less impaired by environmental hazards, be slightly resistant to magical attacks, and will be slightly more proficient with any other skill that they choose to pick up. It also is a requirement for level 8 "Resist" skills.

KaosHavok

KaosHavok

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:27 pm
Battle System

Player Vs. NPC

Okay, so...I've thought and fretted and thought and fretted...and came to a conclusion. People who will be RPing here are mature (in some respects), smart (in some respects), and trustworthy (etc.). SO! Instead of coming up with a complex system that weighs random rolls of the die against allocated skill points, I'm going to put battle in the hands of you, the RPers. At least to start out. If things seem to get too out of hand, I'll have to come up with some uniform system that could prove to be complicated and time-consuming...time we could be spending RPing. Just a couple of notes:

1) Level has nothing to do with superiority. The only thing levels constitute is how many SP a person is allowed to allocate to skills.

2) Skill points matter. A lot. If someone shoots at you with a pistol and they have a point in pistol specialization, they are decent shots and will likely not miss you completely unless conditions are harsh. Please, look at specializations when judging how your character will fair in a fight (key word being FAIR).

3) No auto-hitting. Duh. But you're not in The Matrix. You will get hurt. You will get scars. You will get knocked out at times. Players aren't allowed to kill other players, but NPCs can. Make no mistake, you are controlling the fate of your character. You are not some omnipotent superhero who has immunization to death, and if you don't play your cards right you WILL die. (Not until the end of the RP though, just for clarification)

Ammunition
Guns do have ammunition, and at times it will be hard to come by. Revolvers hold six bullets, pistols have around 10 per cartridge, etc. Plasma weapons last much longer without reloading, but pack less of a punch. If you start using your gun unrealistically, you will be warned and asked to modify your post. If you continue to abuse ammo capacity, you will be asked to leave the RP.

Magic and Energy
Magic consumes energy to use. Each SP you spend in a magic spell will make you more proficient with it, consuming less energy per use. Same rules with Ammo apply.

Player vs. Player

At first, the idea of this RP was to be PvP intensive in the beginning with a slowly building momentum towards PvNPC in the middle and end. But evidence in previous RPs I've been a part of have shown that this has the potential to slow the plot to almost a crawl while players waste pages of actions and responses to complete what should have been a 5 minute battle at most.
To rectify this, I'm going to do my best to place everyone in heavier PvNPC scenarios throughout, but that does not mean PvP is ruled out by any means. I simply ask that should a PvP battle be instigated, handle it maturely and realistically, not like a DBZ final battle that lasts for 20 episodes.
The skill system and energy/ammo rules still apply.
Remember, the idea of the SP system is to grant players a slight advantage in certain situations based on experience. Much like the real world. For the most part, players will be evenly matched and the Skills they acquire in relation to the environment will be the last deciding push between victory and defeat.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:32 pm
Control of RP has been transferred by KaosHavok to Isa-sama. Her profile is linked here:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/?u=977526

Direct all queries, comments, death threats, and bribes to her.

--Venom3001, acting as administrator with super I-can-edit-other-people's-posts powers

KaosHavok

KaosHavok

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:18 pm
[RESERVED]  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:38 pm
[RESERVED]  

KaosHavok

KaosHavok

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:22 pm
[RESERVED]  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:23 pm
Well, then...I guess it's time we began.

Humans and Earth:

Three years ago, planet Earth was destroyed. Very few know how, very few know why, and they don't seem to want to talk about it. Things had begun slowly falling apart...anomalies were beginning to arise that nobody could explain. Getting nervous, development on orbital colonies was given focus. At first, migration above the atmosphere was slow and hesitant, but soon waves of people began moving to the new colonies. By the time of Earth's destruction, little less than a fourth of the human populace had moved to outer space.

Before the planet, blew, however, a discovery was made. Someone had found a planet light-years off in the distance that was theoretically capable of supporting life. At the time of discovery, single-cellular organisms were just beginning to pop up, but numbers were crunched and, via wormhole travel, the three years it would take to get there would be millennia for the newfound planet. By then, ecosystems would sprout and carbon-based life would become vibrant. Naming it "Bell", the colonies opened up a wormhole and traveled. Most everyone froze themselves for the travel, making it little more than a night's sleep of time before they arrived.

When they got to Bell, as suspected, there was a thriving ecosystem throughout the planet. However, what was not expected was the rise of a sentient, simian species that dominated the planet, much like humans did. Dubbing these creatures "Elves", the humans tried to negotiate peace for allowance to live on their planet. The Elves refused, as they were already at war with one another over the shortage of resources on the planet. Having nowhere left to turn, the humans stormed a continent roughly the size of North America and claimed it within the year.

Now, the humans fight against the 6 mystical dominant species of the planet for control of the remaining resources...to make Bell their new Earth and continue their survival.

The Aros:

The Fae are able to live anywhere they feel comfortable, but most prefer to live in the plains and badlands. They're partial to wide-open areas, though many have taken a liking to the trees. Long ago, these Elves happened upon a secret that lead them access to manipulating the elements of the world. As they evolved, they became closer to their Druid brethren as they expanded in populace and migrated into one-another's lands.

As they became more in-touch with the Druids, they showed the Druids their mythical ways, and the Druids used them in their own way, becoming closer with nature by transforming into the animals around them. As their taste for nature and the elements grew, so too did their curiosity. They befriended the Dryads, as their population grew yet wider.

The Dryads were something the Druids and Fae had never seen before. They seemed to be a breed of both plant and animal, being able to attune equally between both. Their mythic arts emerged in a medicinal form. However, not all medicine is curative. As many spells as they learned that could heal someone from the brink of death, there was another poison they learned that could cause it.

Together these three races grew on the eastern side of the world. They thrived harmoniously, and though there were the inevitable civil wars over the centuries, they came to be rigorous allies.

The Ulla:

At the same time the Fae began to emerge, the Rancor were growing on the other side of the world. Evolving from ruthless, carnivorous simians, in the beginning they were little more than wild animals. When they stumbled upon the secret, they did not gain any mythic powers. Instead, they were blessed with a greater understanding of the mechanics of the universe. While the Fae were growing more interested in nature, the Rancor were discovering basic mathematical principles. As their populace grew, so too did their logical capacities. They began making tools, and, in a stroke of brilliance, figured out how to make tools that interacted with other tools. Though their knowledge grew, they never truly left behind their savage ways. As their populace migrated from the mountains to the forests, they found the Trents. At first, they warred with one another, as both were very territorial. But the Rancors were losing terribly. To rectify this, they traded their secret to the Trents.

The Trents' mysticism blossomed in the form of introversion. They became majestically in tune with themselves, and as such were equally able to utilize their bloodthirsty pride and their restorative properties. As the two grew together, the Trents grew as well, physically. Typically they topped out at about 6 feet, though now the average height of a Trent is around 13 feet. The Rancor and the Trents were able to connect culturally and through the shared bond of finding a part of themselves apart from mindless rage.

Their populations and migration grew, and they overlapped into Trow lands. At first they could hardly tell, but they soon found that the Trows were nocturnal. The Trows struck violently against these newcomers in the dead of night, and it was a while before it was discovered exactly what was responsible. Not wanting to enter another war, the Trents and Rancor both introduced the Trow to the secret.

The Trows' mysticism developed in the form of stealth and agility. They became master hunters of the night, and soon even managed to carry their talents into the daytime. To thank them for their gift, the Trow allied themselves with the Rancor and Trent, and lived in peaceful harmony.

Ulla Vs. Aros

As the centuries passed, the races evolved. Common language systems were set up in their respective kingdoms, most of them verbal save for the Trents who developed a handy sign language due to their lack of lips and tongue. Though, until about 2 centuries before the present date, the two factions were not even aware the other existed.
The races grew and the resources dwindled. They learned to plant new trees and recycle what they used, but it still wasn't enough. The main problem was plague. Because of the quick overlapping of cultures, diseases were running rampant, and though the Dryads and Trents were able to cure most of them for their respective factions, the wildlife was heavily afflicted.
Animals began to die out. Food became scarcer. The populations grew and it became more difficult to find comfortable places of hospitality. The two factions inevitably overlapped and the cultural differences prompted a war that would never truly cease.
The first world war was ended when an agreement was reached after the battle of Catacomb. As a resolution, the contested continent was dubbed Catacomb and became an accorded neutral ground. People from both factions flocked to Catacomb for a promise of peace, and though there was some tension in the neutral settlements, war was avoided. It seemed, finally, with this new continent being shared between the two that the right balance had been found. Programs were set up to farm edible plant life, and others were formed to breed livestock for food. Resources no longer seemed stressed...

The Humans Arive

After repeated refusals to peacefully settle, the humans landed and overtook Catacomb. They picked the neutral location of their swift takeover because it was the least defended and ripest continent for settlement. This prompted a treaty between Ulla and Aros, though incredibly shaky, and war became open.
The Humans strain to defend their new settlement from the pressing forces of Ulla and Aros, while the Elves try desperately to take back their continent.

The war is unstable, and the tide could turn at any moment.
How will you affect the outcome of planet Bell?
This is your world. This is your home. No matter what race you are.
The End is approaching...a swift wave of absolution that will forever determine the fate of this world.
And, together with Necroma, you are Riding the End.  

KaosHavok

11 Level 3 - Advanced RPs (archive)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces