METAL! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VeXeD ZERO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:28 pm
So What bands are you all into?
Im pretty Big on TriViuM at the moment, The rocked so hard live!
Fav of all time has gotta be Judas Priest though...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:18 am
Anything from Enya and Dropkick Murphys to November's Doom and Sacred Steel. I'm more of a straight metal sort of guy, enjoying bands like Manowar, Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian, of course Demons and Wizards, etc. I'm also into punk from the Ramones and the Misfits to HiHi Puffy AmiYumi J-Pop, 50's rock from Buddy Holly to Fats Domino. Really I draw from several influences, even classical music and theatrical scores. Playing the bass, I've tried to bring many of these things together to find for myself a vehicle of expression in terms of modes, or scales, rhythms and other ideas. Really I just love music. That's all I can really say about it.

Current Metal Acts: Iron Maiden, November's Doom, Sacred Steel, Necrocultus, Dethklok and Amon Amarth. Bands due to change in time.  

Reverend MacManus
Crew

OG Bibliophile

16,500 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Punk Patrol 250

Vietomnom

1,900 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:43 pm
Underground stuff, mostly. I live in a town with a bunch of culture, so I can't begin to tell you how many local bands I know.

Check out Cadavers Can't Say No, For This We Strive, He Came With Swords, etc. on Myspace.

Most of the local hardcore bands have religious lyrics, for those who don't like that, I now warn you. As for popular bands, I'm mostly into Homeland Death Metal, like Ensiferum and Kalmah, but I also listen to stuff like The Absence, Judas Priest, and other bands. I'm mixed when it comes to genres. lol d;  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:10 pm
nothing wrong with mixing it up!

I'm not particularly big on punk music, But Some of the stuff is pretty good, Especially The Misfits, they freakin rock!
I wanted to go see Amon Amarth last week in Sydney (yeah, Im an Aussie)
But I didnt have the cash crying
I saw Orbituary though, As well as Slayer And MegaDeth a few weeks ago, it freakin rocked hard!
I cant get enough of Blind Guardian and Iced Earth at the moment!  

VeXeD ZERO

Sleemo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:43 am

My big favorites are GWAR, Strapping Young Lad, Devin Townsend, Metallica and of course Dethklok.
Others are Amon Amarth, 3 Inches of Blood, Dimmu Borgir, Sonata Arctica, Root, Bloodbath, and sort of Cradle of Filth

I love Metal, but I'm very picky about what I like.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:45 pm
Herr Wulf
Anything from Enya and Dropkick Murphys to November's Doom and Sacred Steel. I'm more of a straight metal sort of guy, enjoying bands like Manowar, Iced Earth, Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian, of course Demons and Wizards, etc. I'm also into punk from the Ramones and the Misfits to HiHi Puffy AmiYumi J-Pop, 50's rock from Buddy Holly to Fats Domino. Really I draw from several influences, even classical music and theatrical scores. Playing the bass, I've tried to bring many of these things together to find for myself a vehicle of expression in terms of modes, or scales, rhythms and other ideas. Really I just love music. That's all I can really say about it.

Current Metal Acts: Iron Maiden, November's Doom, Sacred Steel, Necrocultus, Dethklok and Amon Amarth. Bands due to change in time.
Ever been to a Murphys concert? I went to one in Atlanta a few years back. You won't experience anything else like it.  

Vietomnom

1,900 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Reverend MacManus
Crew

OG Bibliophile

16,500 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:27 pm
Sleemo

My big favorites are GWAR, Strapping Young Lad, Devin Townsend, Metallica and of course Dethklok.
Others are Amon Amarth, 3 Inches of Blood, Dimmu Borgir, Sonata Arctica, Root, Bloodbath, and sort of Cradle of Filth

Earlier Dimmu like their Enthroned Darkness Triumphant album and earlier CoF around Dusk and Her Embrace are great! CoF from their first album Principle of Evil Made Flesh to Dusk made a huge jump in their sound and skill.

Side Note: No Murphys show yet. Maybe I'll make it to Boston next year for Paddy's day. Doubtful though.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:56 pm
Sleemo

i saw Gwar live back in october 3nodding  

Nathan Explosions
Vice Captain

Confectionery Pastry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:04 am
Bob Marley, The Ramones, Dropkick Murphys, Flogging Molly... The list goes on.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:48 pm
Dethklok
Slipknot
Metallica
All That Remains
Born OF Osiris
The Red Chord
Job For A Cowboy
Gwar
Haste The Day
Tenacious D
Ozzy  

Nathan Explosions
Vice Captain

Biosecurity

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:35 pm
Mmm metal. <3

I'd have to say Cradle of filth is a favorite, cause it was the first metal band i'd ever heard. Sentimental value ftw. redface
but i like, Job for a cowboy, As i lay dying, Atreyu, Dimmu Borgir, Avenged sevenfold (Older stuff mostly, But its all good.) Dir en grey, Mandragora scream, Dio, Finntroll. <333 Mm, finntroll. Etc.etc.

I bought a flogging molly t-shirt just the other day. ;D  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:20 pm
Tenacious D is choice. A girl that says DIO? I must be in Hell, because I didn't think I'd finde one personally that would listen to him. That's pretty tight. Glad to see some good listeners here.

Also, on the Trivium note, Paolo is an inspiration on my playing, as he in in turn was also influenced by Cliff Burton, and also Joey DeMaio of Manowar. We're in a pretty good crowd here I'd say guys. Glad to know all of you.

Wish some of you guys could be at my gig in January.  

Reverend MacManus
Crew

OG Bibliophile

16,500 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Punk Patrol 250

Biosecurity

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:27 pm
Haha, Really? I suppose i'm not quite like other girls. ;D
I saw trivium and Chimera live, They were really entertaining, Good show.

It's a shame i'm most likely not in your area, I'm itching for a good local show. But all we have playing around here is just, Terrible. gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:06 pm
Sanctiuke
Haha, Really? I suppose i'm not quite like other girls. ;D
I saw trivium and Chimera live, They were really entertaining, Good show.

It's a shame i'm most likely not in your area, I'm itching for a good local show. But all we have playing around here is just, Terrible. gonk
Yeah, I live in podunk central Illinois. No one I've ever talked to on Gaia is in my area.

I hear you. My band is hard rock with some metal edges, but the s**t around here is what I deem "first five powerchords" and just growling. It's like, they don't know how to do anything else. And those powerchords are all in drop D or similar tunings. So don't expect much technicality. For the record, I think I'm even the only bassist that really plays fingerstyle and doesn't just follow the guitars.

Check us out at www.myspace.com/draxsis  

Reverend MacManus
Crew

OG Bibliophile

16,500 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Punk Patrol 250

_kumiko-chan92_

3,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200