Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
******** Italy. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ubasti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:23 am
So Amanda Knox got convicted of murder. The bad part? She didn't do it. There was no physical evidence whatsoever, and the confession was

A) Not a confession, but a hypothetical "If I was there, I would have..."

and

B) Forced after a 40 hour interrogation with no attorney or transcriber permitted to her

Oh, and not to mention that someone else had already been convicted of the murder.

What. The. ********. How the ******** does any jury convict off that?

I propose an ultimatum. Italy releases Knox, or America takes a page out of Israel's book and takes her by force. I'm not normally one for military solutions in all but the most extreme situations, but this is just intolerable.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:30 am
I agree that it's a whole lot of bullshit, but we need Italy. Not for anything important, mind you, but I want to visit some day and not have to purchase the services of a bodyguard or two.

Heaven forbid we Americans become banned from the little boot-shaped country.

I say we just go to Congress, yell at their reps/diplomats/whatevers, and demand her back. It's not like we won't do it anyway.

Or, wait till I visit Italy, then begin the hostile negotiations. That's my proposal, and it's bullshit.  

Confectionery Pastry

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:52 am
Ubasti
Italy releases Knox, or America takes a page out of Israel's book and takes her by force.
Last time we tried that, we ended up with two crashed helicopters and a lot of dead marines. Just ask Carter.

Though from what I hear, it's really ******** easy to escape from Italian prison. Hell, this one guy did it three times... the third time, he climbed a ******** rope ladder into a helicopter. AFAIK, they haven't caught him again yet.

Also, lolwut.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:52 am
I'm certain that given the length of the sentence, their government will hand her and her boyfriend back after 10% of the time is served. There is no political leverage that we can apply overtly today to force an extradition after a court case.

It does give me pause to consider never traveling to Italy now. If they want to behave like the government in Mexico, I'll just write them off as an unsafe place to vacation. Especially if the so-called government is a direct party to the hostile behavior against Americans.

Until then, I'm just not going to buy anything made in Italy. No Berettas or Benellis for me.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:57 am
Floyd
Until then, I'm just not going to buy anything made in Italy. No Berettas or Benellis for me.
Have to give up the Centurion Multi-Defense buckshot shells then, too.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:08 am
Fresnel
Floyd

And Italian mail-order brides.
Scary thought, that.  

Confectionery Pastry

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:38 am
Sugar daddy donut
Fresnel
Floyd

Scary thought, that.
I think you're confusing Italy and Russia.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:43 am
Fresnel
Sugar daddy donut
Fresnel
Floyd

Scary thought, that.
I think you're confusing Italy and Russia.

No, you can order a bride from just about anywhere.
Italian chicks are hot, so if the US government ever initiates a trade embargo... I'll boycott the Bunny Ranch.

Oh, and the Italian spices and sauces I order, ******** that. I have fine tastes.  

Confectionery Pastry

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:51 am
I haven't heard of this case until now.

As for the boycotting thing, it matters not to me. I won't buy Italian guns anyways- the only ones I desire are the SPAS-12 (way out of my price range) and M1014 (I don't think you can buy it).

As for the mail-order brides, I've seen some Russian women that rival Monica Bellucci (The Frenchman's wife from The Matrix) in hotness.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:02 am
Requiem in Mortis
I haven't heard of this case until now.

As for the boycotting thing, it matters not to me. I won't buy Italian guns anyways- the only ones I desire are the SPAS-12 (way out of my price range) and M1014 (I don't think you can buy it).
Benelli M4 Tactical under a different designation. Same shotgun, and the M4s are pretty common. They're just really expensive... for a shotgun.

Quote:
As for the mail-order brides, I've seen some Russian women that rival Monica Bellucci (The Frenchman's wife from The Matrix) in hotness.
I watched a Miss Universe pageant a few years back, and Miss Russia looked like a lumberjack. NO IDEA why she was in the competition. I've seen some smoking hot Russians myself.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:58 am
Fresnel
Ubasti
Italy releases Knox, or America takes a page out of Israel's book and takes her by force.
Last time we tried that, we ended up with two crashed helicopters and a lot of dead marines. Just ask Carter.

Though from what I hear, it's really ******** easy to escape from Italian prison. Hell, this one guy did it three times... the third time, he climbed a ******** rope ladder into a helicopter. AFAIK, they haven't caught him again yet.

Also, lolwut.
Last time we tried that we weren't trying to use force against the Italians. User Image

1. Long story short what did she supposedly do?

2. I find this somewhat ironic because I used to go to school with an Amanda Knox and she was too shy to hurt anyone.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:02 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
Ubasti

Also, lolwut.
Last time we tried that we weren't trying to use force against the Italians. User Image

2. I find this somewhat ironic because I used to go to school with an Amanda Knox and she was too shy to hurt anyone.
Knox supposedly sexually assaulted and murdered her roommate (Knox was an American studying in Italy, her roommate was British), but someone else had already been convicted. However, Knox was questioned anyway, and after a 40 hour interrogation (where she was not permitted an attourney or interpreter present) she gave a "confession" that wasn't really a confession, but an "If I was there, I would have...", and based on that "confession" (which was thrown out as bad evidence) and no physical evidence whatsoever, Knox was convicted (as was her Italian boyfriend) and given 26 years. It's total bullshit.  

Ubasti

Ubasti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:04 pm
Fresnel
Ubasti

Also, lolwut.
That happened in Greece, not Italy. The guys name is Paleokostas.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:40 pm
Ubasti
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
Ubasti

Also, lolwut.

Knox supposedly sexually assaulted and murdered her roommate (Knox was an American studying in Italy, her roommate was British), but someone else had already been convicted. However, Knox was questioned anyway, and after a 40 hour interrogation (where she was not permitted an attourney or interpreter present) she gave a "confession" that wasn't really a confession, but an "If I was there, I would have...", and based on that "confession" (which was thrown out as bad evidence) and no physical evidence whatsoever, Knox was convicted (as was her Italian boyfriend) and given 26 years. It's total bullshit.

I think we should invade, then imprison them when they all complain and throw their hands around all funny-like.
That'll teach 'em to not have a bullshit trial.  

Confectionery Pastry

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:00 pm
Ubasti
Fresnel
Ubasti

Also, lolwut.
That happened in Greece, not Italy. The guys name is Paleokostas.
Oh, my mistake. Wrong Mediterranean peninsula.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff