Submit

Would you name your daughter Renesmee?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
View Results

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:44 am
The name "Renesmee" now has its own page on babynames.com and everything.

http://www.babynames.com/Names/name_display.php?id=9995

There's even a picture in the picture section, so it looks like at least one person has actually named their kid Renesmee. Somehow I'm not surprised. I kind of thought this would happen; I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot more girls being named Renesmee within the next few years.

What are your thoughts? Would you name YOUR daughter Renesmee?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:57 pm
Renesmee is one if the ugliest names ever. I would never name my child Renesmee.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

Rave Dollie

7,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:04 pm
I kind of like this name. And I wouldn't mind calling her Nessie! Though I already opted with Isabella if I was going to name a daughter of mine after a Twilight character.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:40 pm
Yeah, I hated the name at first, but once I got used to reading it, I started to think it wasn't so bad. And it would be cool to abbreviate it as "Nessie." xd But if I had to name my daughter after a Twilight character, it would be Rosalie. Not that I like Rosalie; actually, kind of the opposite. But I do think it's a very pretty name. And for a boy, I like the name Carlisle. I don't know if I would actually name my son Carlisle, though, because then for the rest of his life, he would have to correct people on how to spell/pronounce his name. But it's fun to think about, isn't it? mrgreen  

Glitterbean

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:18 am
I'm not going to name any of my children after the names in Twilight simply because so many people will be doing that. Besides I could never in good consciousness name my kid Bella because that's the name of my female Great Dane. She was named before all the Twilight Hype happened and before I had even read Twilight. We got her about 3 years ago and I didn't read Twilight until two years ago. Besides her names is short for Belladonna. Since a lot of people will be naming their kids that I won't do that to my children. I like names that won't be likely to be seen connected with other children as then they can't say their name is unique to them if that makes sense.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:19 pm
... my faith in humanity has dropped even more.  

Twilight Scribe

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:58 am
Scary how people are so obsessed they're naming their kids after the Twilight Saga.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:49 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
Renesmee is one if the ugliest names ever. I would never name my child Renesmee.

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:45 pm
It wouldn't be the first time people get a name from a weird place, though. "Madison" has been a super-popular name for years, and that name originated from the movie Splash, when the mermaid named herself after a street sign. Before that movie came out, hardly anyone was named Madison. So you never know...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:18 pm
That's a good point. I vaguely remember the movie Splash but I think Madison is prettier name than Renesmee.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:53 pm
Queen-of-the-Rogue
That's a good point. I vaguely remember the movie Splash but I think Madison is prettier name than Renesmee.

Yeah, I agree with that.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:59 pm
Madison is simple and Elegant whereas Rensemee is a mouthful and overly thought out. Nessie is cuter than Renesmee at points and it's simpler to say but I pity any child who has that nickname because they will be hounded by Twilight fans and Lock Ness Monster fans. Child wouldn't get a moment's peace.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:15 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.

I'm with you on that. gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:45 pm
And you know that one day, the kid's going to ask you what you named them after, and your answer is going to be THAT. The kid is not going to like you very much when they find out... especially when all of this blows over a bit, and such.

I mean, it's not as though BD was a stellar piece of literature either I need to go wash my mouth out having said BD and stellar piece of literature in the same sentence so... why would anyone want to inflict that sort of stigma on your child? It's not even a well thought out name.

Hm, I wouldn't mind naming my daughter Kanon, because I think that it's a pretty name, or maybe something from another book I've read or manga or anime, but I'm pretty reasonable. I think Seras would be a pretty name too.

Twilight Scribe

Rancid Cupcakes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:44 pm
Any kid who is named that is gonna get beat up. It's one of the ugliest names I've ever heard. I'd never give that name to my child.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff