Submit

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:12 am
I don't recall a thread on this bit of alright from England.

Granted this is a military only round, but I thought a discussion on it would be interesting.

Leave it to the Brits to develop a 12 gauge sabot round with fin stabilization and multiple warhead applications. http://www.defensereview.com/1_31_2004/FRAG 12.pdf for more details.

The reason I noticed this was I started watching Lock N' Load, and Gunny tested the long in the tooth AA-12 auto shotgun (hard to believe this was first produced in 1972!). The current producer suggested the pairing of the AA-12 with the FRAG-12 round. Sweet!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:12 am
Mack also talked about the FRAG-12 when he did the segment about the AA-12. But yea, the shotgun's been around for a while. I just realized it's also butt-ugly.

And for some reason, the bar at the top of Firefox is in Chinese.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:36 pm
I'm kind of wondering if someone is going to steal the idea and make a solid slug with spring-loaded fins. They'd be expensive, but they might be effective as hell.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:40 pm
Fresnel
I'm kind of wondering if someone is going to steal the idea and make a solid slug with spring-loaded fins. They'd be expensive, but they might be effective as hell.
I guess but the point of a shotgun is to get a spray of projectiles so you dont have to aim as well  

CapitalistPleb

Thirteenth Capitalist

7,500 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:38 pm
hockeyboy96
Fresnel
I guess but the point of a shotgun is to get a spray of projectiles so you dont have to aim as well
Hard to spray a 1oz chunk of lead. Especially when there's only one of them.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:41 pm
While I concur that a shotgun has been a more wide angle weapon requiring fewer shots to inflict some kind of damage on a target, there is no real reason that this weapon cannot be improved upon.

I bought a Remington 870 express with two interchangeable barrels. One for duck, geese and turkey, and a rifled barrel for deer slugs. I would welcome a $3 a round fin stabilized deer slug for a bit more accuracy and a longer effective range.

It all depends on what you want and what the manufactures can produce within reason.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items