Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)
Purifying Spells Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:23 pm
ok i need to purify my tarot cards and i don't know any purifying spells that wouldn't destroy them or that i could get ingredients for please help me!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:25 pm
Why do you need to purify them?

Do you have access to incense?  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:13 pm
Consecration of Chalice, Athame or Other Tool

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:36 pm
i need to purify them because im giving them to one of my friends coz i got new ones and he wanted them and i might be but im allergic to incense  

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

surukio

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:40 pm
try setting them in the sun till you don't feel any more of your energy, and then after gifting them tell your friend to do the same and then to carry the cards on him for awhile (and even sleep with the cards i his bed)

this should help cleanse and charge them for you guys.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:03 pm
Actually if you are giving them to a friend, then they should probably be the one to purify it (if you are talking about some sort of ritual purification/consecration). Otherwise either setting them in direct moonlight for several days (or longer) is good for purifying. Burying them in the earth is another good one.  

ncsweet
Crew

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:06 pm
well my friend is just learning and he doesnt kno how to prufify his own cards so im doing it for him coz he just started studying like a week or 2 ago.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:12 pm
xXOnYx MoOnXx
well my friend is just learning and he doesnt kno how to prufify his own cards

Nor did you. That's why you asked. wink  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:47 am
It would be a good learning experience for him. Besides, the point of purifying them is to remove your influence/energies from the deck. If you are the one doing the purification ritual then your energy will still be connected - so it will sort of defeat the purpose.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:26 pm
no i have been practicing for a while and i find it insulting that u said that. i kno a few purifying spells but they would have killed my cards and then i couldn't give them to my friend. i was just asking for help and i feel like ur bashing me and if u do it again ill report u and dont underestimate me coz i will believe me.  

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:08 pm
She wasn't bashing you, she just made a statement. You came to us for help, so that implied that your current knowledge on the subject was somewhat lacking.

Also, you may not be aware, but threatening to report someone can be considered a form of harassment. If you have any issues with members or crew in the guild, you (or anyone else for that matter) can PM me directly and as Captain I will be more than happy to look into the situation.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:05 am
xXOnYx MoOnXx
no i have been practicing for a while and i find it insulting that u said that. i kno a few purifying spells but they would have killed my cards and then i couldn't give them to my friend. i was just asking for help and i feel like ur bashing me and if u do it again ill report u and dont underestimate me coz i will believe me.

If you've been practicing for a while I'd hope you'd understand that a) 'purifying' cards is just a cleansing, and it doesn't 'kill' the cards. The cards themselves are inanimate objects representing concepts and archetypes; they work as symbols and mental triggers, like most tools. They are still just squares of cardboard with pictures on them - they aren't 'alive'. (Unless you're cleansing with water or fire, in which case - yes, it will "kill" the cards physically. But one would hope that you'd realize that anyway.)

Cards might accumulate energy from one source or another, but cleansing that off is rather like scraping frost off the inside of a freezer. You need to do it every so often to keep the freezer working well, and doing it isn't going to break or hurt the freezer.

Your friend may find your cards are attuned to you anyway, and may not work for him very well. A better gift for a beginner is a brand-new deck of easy to work with cards, like the Radiant Rider-Waite deck. That way he doesn't have to work around someone else's energy, and can get a relationship of his own formed, a clean start.

That being said - you asked us. It's perfectly fine to ask questions - but not to get haughty and arrogant when we challenge your assumptions or your level of learning every time we answer you.

You don't like the answers you get - don't ask next time.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:03 am
well i did get my answer and i use water and other kinds of liquids to purify things so it would destroy my cards and when i said "kill" it was a figure of speech  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:15 pm
You can still use water if you have nothing else available, but it would be a matter of sprinkling, rather than soaking or pouring it on them. Though admittedly other methods would be a better choice.  

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:07 am
i also wanted something simple so that my friend could do them as well so that in case something happens he can purify them as well  
*~Archives~* (BOS and resource room)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff