Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:20 pm
Sounds like a win to me  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:57 pm
It makes sense to me. Why have a shotgun for self defense if you can't reach it when you need it? I'd buy one if I had a gun.  

Ubasti

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:52 pm
I would buy it.

Of course, you don't want one of those when you have kids, but still, I'd buy it.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:05 pm
saw this a while ago... $40? confused nah... make it urself out of re-bar, coat hangers, and duct tape xp  

Maddness91

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:20 pm
Maddness91
saw this a while ago... $40? confused nah... make it urself out of re-bar, coat hangers, and duct tape xp
There, I fixed it!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:26 pm
I actually just heard about this thing earlier this weekend. It seems like a pretty cool product, and if it weren't for the way my room was set up, I'd totally get one. Maybe when I move out...

I guess Failblog anti-gunners just don't get that if someone busts into your house, fast access to your shotgun is the difference between "robbery gone wrong" and "castle law prevails again".  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:33 pm
I've been thinking of getting a handgun and fixing a holster to my headboard for quick access.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:36 pm
I just remembered that my bed consists of a mattress resting on top of a broken upside-down mattress. That rack would probably be dragging on the floor.

That's just what I need- to wake up in the middle of the night, and trip over my shotgun on the way out.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:01 pm
Requiem in Mortis
I just remembered that my bed consists of a mattress resting on top of a broken upside-down mattress. That rack would probably be dragging on the floor.

That's just what I need- to wake up in the middle of the night, and trip over my shotgun on the way out.
In your current situation it's a bad idea. Down the line it might be a good idea.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:08 am
Das Rabble Rouser
I've been thinking of getting a handgun and fixing a holster to my headboard for quick access.
Not the worst idea I've ever heard. Pistols do have their own distinct advantages over a shotgun, and you're less likely to trip over it and die while trying to take a piss at 3AM. You might look... that sounds like a product that should already exist. If it doesn't MAKE ONE AND PATENT IT. You'll be rich.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:04 pm
Sounds like a good idea. Besides I'd rather just have to dig one bullet out of the wall and patch one tiny hole rather than a dozen from the shotgun. ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:46 pm
I'd just leave the bullet in the wall.

Actually, I want that slide-out drawer Frank Castle makes in The Punisher to hold my pistol, should I ever get one.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Kuuhaku-shou

Benevolent Prophet

8,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Accounting Whiz 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:06 pm
"Kids, I just had a conversation with General LeClerc.
He told me he was first into Paris, and by God, he wanted to be first into Berchtesgaden.
I told him I understood his point.
Now you fire up Second Battalion and outflank that French son of a b*tch!"
-Col. Sink, Band of Brothers

I don't see how this is a fail.

At all.

Because it's not.

User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Total Value: 553,757 Gold

Item List:
Celebrity Snare Hulk Impact Crater
Jacked Up Cape
Shiny Black Short Shorts
Cheerleader Shoes (Green & Silver)
Green Gaia Feet Stockings
Voracious Fog
Nano-C
Celebrity Snare Snoop Dogg's Hoodie
Elegant Lord's Mask (Emerald Studs)
Wingding (phase one)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:40 pm
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
Not the worst idea I've ever heard. Pistols do have their own distinct advantages over a shotgun, and you're less likely to trip over it and die while trying to take a piss at 3AM. You might look... that sounds like a product that should already exist. If it doesn't MAKE ONE AND PATENT IT. You'll be rich.
There is a bracket for clip-on belt holsters that slides between the mattress and boxspring, but that's not the headboard. There are several magnet systems, but they are all bare magnets. I'd want to cover mine with felt.  

owenmarco

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:14 pm
owenmarco
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser
There is a bracket for clip-on belt holsters that slides between the mattress and boxspring, but that's not the headboard. There are several magnet systems, but they are all bare magnets. I'd want to cover mine with felt.

Or powder coat at least.

Reminds me of that bullet proof suit that guy made.
Instead of a conventional holster he attached a magnet to the upper thigh, bare magnet and scratched the s**t out of the BB gun he used to demo it.

I wouldn't want to trust a magnetic holster, seems stupid, can get caught and dropped easily.

But a magnetic one on a static object sounds a lot better, don't have to fumble with a thumb release or pulling it out of a slot.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff