Sugar We're Going Down Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starburstnova
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:09 pm
For all those haters...this song is truly amazing, even if you don't like it or are sick of it. I may dislike all the teenies that claim to love FOB just because of this song, but I still love the song.

Listen from 2:49ish to about 3:01ish. eek heart

There are three vocal parts PLUS instrumental.

There's the first, easiest to hear part, which is the chorus. "We're going down down in an earlier round and sugar we're going down swinging. I'll be your number one with a bullet. A loaded god complex c**k it and pull it."

The second, fairly easy to hear part. "Take aim at myself, take back what you said, take aim at myself, loaded god complex c**k it and pull it."

The third quite hard to hear part. "Downdown...in an earlier round downdown...in an earlier round downdown...in an earlier round...loaded god complex c**k it and pull it."

*sighs affectionately* I really do love this song. That is officially my favorite part of any song EVER. It has beaten out the bridge in "Chicago Is So Two Years Ago"... D:

Bridges are almost always the best parts of songs...in my opinion, anyway. heart

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:22 pm
I do love that song. It was the first Fall Out Boy song I'd ever heard(Not on MTV, though. Dx) and I just can't hate it.  

Powder Water

[Bubblegum]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:28 pm
I love it!
A lot!
I knew that there were three vocals there a long time ago. Was it not obvious? The syncopated "Down, Down in an earlier round" took me a bit, but I did hear it.
I've been anti-MTV for a long time, so I didn't see it there. Yahoo! music thought I'd like it. Hell yeah, I did!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:09 pm
It actually wasn't the first song I heard. I actually think I heard most, if not all of TTTYG and all of MHWABTB-STMT before I heard it. What was weird was...I knew "Grand Theft Autumn" then one day, my friend popped in a burned copy of TTTYG songs that he'd downloaded (both of us aren't sure if he had all of them on there...haven't listened to it since then) and we listened to that...then we went to the mall, he got MHWABTB-STMT and we listened to all of that, we turned on the radio, and it was a couple seconds of commercials...then "Sugar We're Going Down" came on! eek And this was back in EARLY April. I was like "...What the frick? Fall Out Boy is on the radio?! eek "  

Starburstnova
Captain

FallingApartToHalftime

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:17 pm
*tear* My friends give me an odd look when I say the "take aim" part, or when I sing it. xd But it is one of their best. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:40 pm
That definitely is the best part of the song. It took me a while to hear that syncopated part, but that part without the instrumental gives the song its ultimate meaning - it's the climax, it's the most intense moment of the song. The layering is dynamic, and just sends chills down my arms when I hear it.

I'm with Powder Water, it's the first FOB song I ever heard, and there's no way I can't not love it.

And yes, bridges are definitely the best part of the song.  

Quixotic Faye

[ .Hopelessly Hopeful. ]
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:14 pm
I heart that song, and I love the music vid.
And it was the first song I heard by Fall Out Boy <3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:57 am
I've finally decided that Sugar is one of my favorite songs by Fall Out Boy.Why?Because it grew on me.And i listened to it on repeat for like an hour yesterday.Its a good song lyrically and musically...just got a bit overplayed. xd  

r i n g p o p Ri0T
Crew

iluvredties

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:19 am
i will always love that song! and thanks for posting the bridge! i could hear most of what they were saying but i couldnt figure out the "take aim at myself" part!

wait i take back the i will always love this song part...i hated playing it on guitar it didnt sound very much like the song but thats most likely because i suck  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:39 pm
iluvredties
i will always love that song! and thanks for posting the bridge! i could hear most of what they were saying but i couldnt figure out the "take aim at myself" part!

wait i take back the i will always love this song part...i hated playing it on guitar it didnt sound very much like the song but thats most likely because i suck

Yeah.
I tried it on my guitar and it sorta sounded like it.

[ .Hopelessly Hopeful. ]
Crew

yami_usagi415

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:11 pm
I love that song it was really cool when i first heard about it....
I got it stuck in my cousins head before he left to go back to his house in Virginia.....He couldn't stop singing it......  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:26 pm
I try to get stuff stuck in my brother's head even though he hates the music I listen to.
It's in there, even if he was making fun of it. rofl  

Rice On Toast

xSammi-chanx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:20 pm
Starburstnova
For all those haters...this song is truly amazing, even if you don't like it or are sick of it. I may dislike all the teenies that claim to love FOB just because of this song, but I still love the song.

Listen from 2:49ish to about 3:01ish. eek heart

There are three vocal parts PLUS instrumental.

There's the first, easiest to hear part, which is the chorus. "We're going down down in an earlier round and sugar we're going down swinging. I'll be your number one with a bullet. A loaded god complex c**k it and pull it."

The second, fairly easy to hear part. "Take aim at myself, take back what you said, take aim at myself, loaded god complex c**k it and pull it."

The third quite hard to hear part. "Downdown...in an earlier round downdown...in an earlier round downdown...in an earlier round...loaded god complex c**k it and pull it."

*sighs affectionately* I really do love this song. That is officially my favorite part of any song EVER. It has beaten out the bridge in "Chicago Is So Two Years Ago"... D:

Bridges are almost always the best parts of songs...in my opinion, anyway. heart

Wow lol I felt kind of dumb in a way because I never noticed the 3rd part. After I read this I grabbed my cd and listened until I could hear it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:07 pm
Aww, don't feel dumb! It took me FOREVER to hear it. It's REALLY hard to hear.

I only listened for it when someone mentioned it on the FOB thread.

Starburstnova
Captain

Quixotic Faye

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:33 pm
I heard it on the radio today, and the volume was extremely quiet - like one notch down and it would be totally inaudible. At the volume, it sounded like someone was singing the bottom of the chords along with the song - no words, just the right pitch.

I think one of the reasons this song is so enjoyable is because of its musicality. On TTTYG, the songs had a laid-back, playful kind of sound to them, and it's less so on FUTCT. But "Sugar We're Goin' Down," "Of All the Gin Joints..." and "A Little Less Sixteen Candles..." are very reminiscent of the sound off of TTTYG. Might be indicative of their popularity, no?  
The Music

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff