Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
And now I can hate Glock MORE! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

owenmarco

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:17 pm
Okay. I'm sure all of you know by now, I have a certain... Hatred for the GLOCK line of pistols. Sure. The 17 and 19 were alright. Everything else is pretty ******** up, and they're only riding on their police contracts and fanboyism to survive. Their other models, specifically anything OTHER than 9mm Luger, have had issues over their various generations ,that rarely actually get FIXED.
And when they are fixed, they never man up to the problems.

In fact, in this case, they continually avoided the problem, and then attempted to avoid a court order with some witty wording.
GLOCK FAIL
GLOCK FAIL IN DETAIL BY THE PLAINTIFF

A summary:
Chris bought a G36. He has extraction issues. When he eventually gets it sent to the factory, they send it back with a new extractor, spring, and SUPPOSEDLY having test-fired it and meeting "factory specs". He goes out, and tries to shoot. He gets a number of the SAME failures, with different ammunition. He send it back, AGAIN, this time asking for a replacement. Tech sez: "Sure we'll replace it, if I get any jams when I test-fire it." A long time later, he gets the same gun back with ANOTHER letter saying "meets factory specs". Now he gets teed off. He goes to GlockTalk, and find testimonials from a good number of other G36 owners having the same problem with no resolution, except one who bought ANOTHER G36 that happened to work. So, small claims court it is!
Turns out, Chris isn't allowed to use testimonials in court. He does have a multitude of malfunction pictures and all the letters that were exchanged.
And a video. But the court does not have a TV, so it isn't used.

Chris wins. Before the judgment is given, Carlos Guevara states he would replace his G36 with another model "regardless of the outcome of the case". He said it was Glock's way to "keep a good customer". Of course, Chris wrote him the next day to take him up on the offer.
Instead, Carlos says that he has to pick, new gun, or court-ordered payment. Chris says he'll take the payment, of course! Then Carlos tells him he'll be sending a pre-paid packing slip to send the gun back. Of course, Chris tells him to shove off, he has to sell the gun to recoup the costs that weren't even near covered by the settlement.

And now the gun is for sale with a multitude of accessories. $1100 package for $500.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:41 pm
Two problems with this:

1: It's his own ******** fault for being a retard and not including 'court costs' in the lawsuit.
2: So he goes through this entire gigantic ordeal about how his gun is a piece of s**t, advertises it thoroughly, AND THEN EXPECTS SOMEONE TO BUY IT FROM HIM? Guy's a class-A dumbass.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:21 pm
He was a dumbass for buying a Glock in .45 ACP in the first place.

trollface.jpg  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:24 pm
Fresnel
Two problems with this:

1: It's his own ******** fault for being a retard and not including 'court costs' in the lawsuit.
2: So he goes through this entire gigantic ordeal about how his gun is a piece of s**t, advertises it thoroughly, AND THEN EXPECTS SOMEONE TO BUY IT FROM HIM? Guy's a class-A dumbass.
It's a SMALL CLAIMS COURT. It's not hundreds of thousands of dollars. There likely wasn't enough grounds to include anything BUT the claims.

Not just his gun, the entire design. GLOCK is the class-a a*****e in the ordeal. He's asking someone buy it at less than half-price to support the movement, which might actually end with a class-action lawsuit with other G36 owners with the same unsolved problem that were ignored to FORCE glock to acknowledge and repair the problem. Of course, GLOCK DOES have a history of hiding any design flaws they have and avoiding coming face to face with them. Catastrophic design failure? No recall, no letters sent out, just a subtle note included with warranty work that they've performed a "routine upgrade" on the pistol. Constantly snapping extractors and ejectors from being too thin? "routine upgrade", no letters, no warnings. Phase Four malfs? No recall, no repair for that matter.  

owenmarco

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:32 pm
owenmarco
Fresnel
Two problems with this:

It's a SMALL CLAIMS COURT. It's not hundreds of thousands of dollars. There likely wasn't enough grounds to include anything BUT the claims.
Then he's a dumbass for starting a lose-lose lawsuit.

Quote:
Not just his gun, the entire design. GLOCK is the class-a a*****e in the ordeal. He's asking someone buy it at less than half-price to support the movement, which might actually end with a class-action lawsuit with other G36 owners with the same unsolved problem that were ignored to FORCE glock to acknowledge and repair the problem. Of course, GLOCK DOES have a history of hiding any design flaws they have and avoiding coming face to face with them. Catastrophic design failure? No recall, no letters sent out, just a subtle note included with warranty work that they've performed a "routine upgrade" on the pistol. Constantly snapping extractors and ejectors from being too thin? "routine upgrade", no letters, no warnings. Phase Four malfs? No recall, no repair for that matter.
Blah blah blah, Glock haet Glock haet.

I never defended Glock once. I just said this guy's a retard.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:32 am
I like his comment in the second link that he had no malfunctions while shooting Corbon 230 grain +p ammo. Maybe this model should be advertised as requiring +p rated ammo? Kind of like not putting regular gasoline in a turbocharged engine.

At first, I thought the problem might be magazine specific. You'll note that the plaintiff didn't make any note concerning which magazine was in the pistol when it malfunctioned.

If I had the budget, I might buy that gun at half price, knowing it will work with more expensive ammo. But not this Xmas season!  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

owenmarco

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:45 am
Floyd
I like his comment in the second link that he had no malfunctions while shooting Corbon 230 grain +p ammo. Maybe this model should be advertised as requiring +p rated ammo? Kind of like not putting regular gasoline in a turbocharged engine.

At first, I thought the problem might be magazine specific. You'll note that the plaintiff didn't make any note concerning which magazine was in the pistol when it malfunctioned.

If I had the budget, I might buy that gun at half price, knowing it will work with more expensive ammo. But not this Xmas season!
He actually does make note that they are factory-new magazines.

He also only tried 20 rounds of Corbon, not near enough to test reliability with that ammo. It's $1.50 a round!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:47 pm
Guy's a moron for even buying a Glock. I can honestly say the only handgun manufacturer I hate more than Glock is Magnum Research.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Shrantic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:24 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Guy's a moron for even buying a Glock. I can honestly say the only handgun manufacturer I hate more than Glock is Magnum Research.
You gotta give them credit, though- they made the first widely successful polymer handgun, and they were just starting out, too.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:42 am
Shoulda bought a SIG. This s**t never would have happened with a SIG. SIG is epically awesome. I love the SG 550 to death, and the SIG-Sauer P226 is just plain cool, if a little costly.  

Ubasti

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:26 am
Ubasti
Shoulda bought a SIG. This s**t never would have happened with a SIG. SIG is epically awesome. I love the SG 550 to death, and the SIG-Sauer P226 is just plain cool, if a little costly.
I gotta say, for all the he-said-she-said bickering about every goddamn gun company out there, you never hear anything about SIG. But when you say "I'm considering buying a SIG P226 for my next gun", all you get back is "Yeah, SIG makes a good gun."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:20 pm
Fresnel
Ubasti
I gotta say, for all the he-said-she-said bickering about every goddamn gun company out there, you never hear anything about SIG. But when you say "I'm considering buying a SIG P226 for my next gun", all you get back is "Yeah, SIG makes a good gun."
That's because SIG is a great company that makes very high quality firearms.  

Ubasti

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:45 pm
Ubasti
Fresnel
Ubasti
But nobody ever bothers to rant about it like they do with any other company. Especially H&K.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:39 pm
Fresnel
Ubasti
Fresnel
Ubasti
But nobody ever bothers to rant about it like they do with any other company. Especially H&K.
Because SIG makes a great product at a fair price, and cares about its customers.

I HAVE been wanting a 226. I've been considering putting the 1911 up in trade/partial trade for the one at the shop. Not only do I shoot 9mm better, it's cheaper, and there are lots of awesome guns in the caliber. It's either an XD9, CZ75, or the 226.  

owenmarco

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:33 pm
I never think about SIG. I've only ever given one character a SIG in my stories. I think it was a P226 with a titanium firing pin...

Yeah, titanium firing pin and a shiny aluminum slide.

I don't know why I'm not into SIGs more. Same with CZ. I know they're both good guns, though I don't care for the way the safeties and mag releases and whatnot on CZs look like they're glued on.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

See?

Maybe it's just me.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas