Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
The Definition of Pagan Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucas Moonrose

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I was just told that Pagan is a Religion on it's own, Not an Umbrella term.
And I proceeded to prove him wrong.
He called me a ****tard FurFag and blocked me.
Tell me, Anyone who has studied longer than I have... what is Pagan?
Let the Discussion begin..... NOW!

[edit]He said he took religious studies.
He wasn't a Pagan himself, not that I know of.
I've been studying for three, nearly four years and have the backing of Many Pagans in the Community.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:33 pm
You're in the right. They're just butthurt. Ignore them and move on.

I mean, someone just told me to stop "attacking" someone because i was telling them what Wicca was. It never stops, dude. You may as well give in and become bitter and disillusioned like the rest of us.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

StellaLuna SkyWind

Devoted Wife

15,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:40 pm
I haven't really studied at all, as I haven't had anyone to teach me, or really, any freedom to practice, but i have read that pagan is an umbrella term as well as a specific tradition that is followed. So in thus, from what I understand you are both right I would assume.

I'm sorry if i'm wrong or have lead you astray, but, as I said, i haven't really studied, I've just read book from a well known Wiccan author.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:52 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
You're in the right. They're just butthurt. Ignore them and move on.

I mean, someone just told me to stop "attacking" someone because i was telling them what Wicca was. It never stops, dude. You may as well give in and become bitter and disillusioned like the rest of us.

We should make the "Bitter Disillusioned Pagan Guild"
I think it'd be a hit.

Lucas Moonrose

Shapeshifter

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:57 pm
StellaLuna SkyWind
I've just read book from a well known Wiccan author.

Uh oh. Did this well known Wiccan author's name start with "R" and end with "avenwolf"?

Lucas: I think we had one of those at one point xd Plus the WoG thread kinda counts.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:05 pm
-coughs- yes...-cough, cough-
@Lucas: I have an empty guild if you'd like it. it's not doing me any good whatsoever.

StellaLuna SkyWind

Devoted Wife

15,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Pie Enabler 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:08 pm
StellaLuna SkyWind

Yeah, for some reason, she's the only one ever referred to as "a well known Wiccan author". I imagine she must call herself that or something xd

She's not a Wiccan, and she's barely an author. But if what she says interests you, let us know what parts you find interesting and we can recommend some better books ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:11 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
StellaLuna SkyWind

Yeah, for some reason, she's the only one ever referred to as "a well known Wiccan author". I imagine she must call herself that or something xd

She's not a Wiccan, and she's barely an author. But if what she says interests you, let us know what parts you find interesting and we can recommend some better books ^_^

The Only Requirement for being an Author is the Ability to Write stories.
And if there is one thing she's good at, It's writing Stories xDDD

And as far as the guild goes. I think It'd kill the Pagan Community on here. Seeing as most of the Well versed Pagans would prolly Migrate there to Retire xD

Lucas Moonrose

Shapeshifter

StellaLuna SkyWind

Devoted Wife

15,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:12 pm
Thanks for telling me that. I really didn't know. She lines my shelf. Her and DJ Conway. I'm leaning towards druidic and celtic, with Wicca, and egyptian magick...I don't mean to bug this thread with questions if there is another one I'm supposed to go to...but i appreciate the help.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:16 pm
StellaLuna SkyWind
Thanks for telling me that. I really didn't know. She lines my shelf. Her and DJ Conway. I'm leaning towards druidic and celtic, with Wicca...I don't mean to bug this thread with questions if there is another one I'm supposed to go to...but i appreciate the help.

You can make your own if you like ^_^
Also Conway is another dreadful one. For Celtic stuff read these and then never trust an author who says they write about Celtic stuff unless they are a) a member of an actual Celtic culture or b) a modern anthropologist. Because there's a whole heap of stuff out there that is laden with lies. Much of that's because of an overly romanticised fascination with the Celtic peoples beginning in like the 18th century, and most of it is bollocks.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

StellaLuna SkyWind

Devoted Wife

15,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Pie Enabler 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:24 pm
Wow. thank you. I'm glad I haven't done anything yet, i would hate to do it wrong. Do you by chance have anything, or know of a place for Kemeticism?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:27 pm
StellaLuna SkyWind
Wow. thank you. I'm glad I haven't done anything yet, i would hate to do it wrong. Do you by chance have anything, or know of a place for Kemeticism?

Bam wink I think that's just one group among a few; others may do things in slightly different ways. But it's the only one I know about. xd  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:28 pm
StellaLuna SkyWind
Thanks for telling me that. I really didn't know. She lines my shelf. Her and DJ Conway. I'm leaning towards druidic and celtic, with Wicca, and egyptian magick...I don't mean to bug this thread with questions if there is another one I'm supposed to go to...but i appreciate the help.

Understand that Wicca is very much its' own, separate path - it doesn't 'mix' with other paths, and still remain Wicca. Wicca has its' own two deities, and you can't just swap them out for any other God or Goddess from a different pantheon and call it Wicca.

It's possible to practice Wicca as a parallel path with another faith; you simply don't "cross the streams", as it were, and it's fine. Nothing about Wicca precludes you being able to do so.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:29 pm
Thank you so much. I really appreciate it! :3  

StellaLuna SkyWind

Devoted Wife

15,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Pie Enabler 100

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:34 pm
Not a problem wink

If you have any other questions there's an "answers and advice" subforum. Just chuck a thread in there and everyone will be happy to answer as best they can ^_^  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games