Submit

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:17 pm
I HAS A .22!!!! [/jizzinpants]

Old Browning that my dad gave to his brother 25 years ago. Looks sexy!
Found it!

pics on Monday when I have something to lay it on.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:19 pm
Semi-auto .22? Sweet.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:28 am
Badass.

3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:15 am
Nice.

First rifle I've seen with a bottom ejection. If it works the same / as well as my M37, you won't be dissapointed.  

Man of the Demoneye

owenmarco

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:26 am
I've shot one. My mom's boyfriend owns one.
Burned the ******** out of my forearm the first time.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:36 am
owenmarco
Burned the ******** out of my firearm the first time.

Forearm?  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

owenmarco

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:24 am
Sgt Buckner
owenmarco
Burned the ******** out of my firearm the first time.

Forearm?
Yes, forearm. Going back and correcting that.

And it hurt like a b***h, too. Hot brass AND expelled gasses and some powder residue.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:44 pm
As owenmarco says, the rounds and hot gases escaping from the bottom of the action will land on your arm. One of the negative aspects of this otherwise outstanding rifle. Shooting this while wearing a tee shirt is not recommended.

I'm also not a big fan of the tube magazine in the stock, but that's just a matter of preference. Just be sure to wear a thick sleeve or jacket when shooting this baby rapid fire. My local Cabela's has 5 in stock any given day.

Oh, and they're heavier than they appear. Heavier than my Ruger 10/22 with a scope and 25 round magazine. Nowhere near as heavy as a heavier caliber weapon. Just saying it's not a flyweight weapon. If you want bulk and flyweight, find a clean Remington Nylon 66 .22LR. That was a rifle way ahead of its time!

http://www.chuckhawks.com/rem_nylon_rifles.htm  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:56 pm
Floyd
As owenmarco says, the rounds and hot gases escaping from the bottom of the action will land onto your arm. One of the negative aspects of this otherwise outstanding rifle. Shooting this while wearing a tee shirt is not recommended.

I'm also not a big fan of the tube magazine in the stock, but that's just a matter of preference. Just be sure to wear a thick sleeve or jacket when shooting this baby rapid fire. My local Cabela's has 5 in stock any given day.

Oh, and they're heavier than they appear. Heavier than my Ruger 10/22 with a scope and 25 round magazine. Nowhere near as heavy as a heavier caliber weapon. Just saying it's not a flyweight weapon. If you want bulk and flyweight, find a clean Remington Nylon 66 .22LR. That was a rifle way ahead of its time!

As the proud owner of a Mossberg 44, I can tell you that a heavy .22 has its ups and downs. Among the ups, the already negligible recoil of the .22 round becomes impossible to feel.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:46 pm
Fresnel
Floyd
As owenmarco says, the rounds and hot gases escaping from the bottom of the action will land onto your arm. One of the negative aspects of this otherwise outstanding rifle. Shooting this while wearing a tee shirt is not recommended.

As the proud owner of a Mossberg 44, I can tell you that a heavy .22 has its ups and downs. Among the ups, the already negligible recoil of the .22 round becomes impossible to feel.
The BAR is pretty handy. I'm not sure if they made two models, by the one I shot was a take-down model. It would just be a lot better with side ejection.  

owenmarco

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:52 pm
Anyone know if there are scope mounts for it? This one is 25+ years old, and still looks new!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:08 pm
Sgt Buckner
Anyone know if there are scope mounts for it? This one is 25+ years old, and still looks new!

Yes, there are scope mounts. One of the used rifles at Cabela's has a mounted scope as part of the deal. But it is a low rider, so you can't use the iron sights.  

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:17 pm
Floyd
Sgt Buckner

Yes, there are scope mounts. One of the used rifles at Cabela's has a mounted scope as part of the deal. But it is a low rider, so you can't use the iron sights.

Link, please? This is coming from my iTouch, and I'm getting on the highway soon. Also, what's the model name? All the box said was "Browning" rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:44 pm
Sgt Buckner
Floyd
Sgt Buckner

Link, please? This is coming from my iTouch, and I'm getting on the highway soon. Also, what's the model name? All the box said was "Browning" rolleyes
Browning Automatic Rifle.

Good luck finding the accessories for the RIGHT BAR.  

owenmarco

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:32 pm
Got the scope mount, I'm trying to figure out how to get the rear sight off so I can mount the rail. Help?  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff