Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
This better not be all.... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:55 am
I was just reading an article on that FAIl christmas day plane bomber and it said this:

Yahoo News

_On Saturday, Dec. 26, federal officials charged Abdulmutallab with trying to destroy the airplane. A conviction on the charge could bring him up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine.

For one i think the minimum sentence should be twenty years, not maximum. And two they better charge him with 253 counts of attempted murder for every person aboard that plane and i'm pretty sure that number doesn't include airline staff.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:12 pm
Totally agree. I can see destroying an airplane with no passengers or crew could get 20, but what the hell?!

On a small side note, not to derail the topic, if I was Allah, I would gladly give all terrorists who died their 72 virgins. All fat, smelly, hairy, balding, basement dwelling men.  

Man of the Demoneye

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:27 pm
Or something like this.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:53 pm
Requiem in Mortis
MTG is a card game though...  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Wiggie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:08 pm
thats BS the guy should have been in jail for life i mean its been 8 yrs since 9/11 i kno but if people are still letting terrorists off with just this im not surprised they did it in the first place  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:06 pm
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis
*points to object flying over your head* See that? That was the joke I was making.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:17 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis
*points to object flying over your head* See that? That was the joke I was making.
I'm pretty certain that's a sparrow.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:17 pm
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis
African or European?  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Confectionery Pastry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:00 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis
African or European?

Er, what was it...
WAIT, NO!
-flung into the evil pit of doom that is in that movie, the name of which escapes me-  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:48 pm
Requiem in Mortis
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis
Fresnel
Requiem in Mortis
African or European?
European. I've never seen an African sparrow.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:13 am
No jail sentence.

We're at war with these ********, so what he did should be seen as a saboteur or something to that effect.

Anyway; out back, gun, bam, dead, done.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:21 pm
http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2010/January/10-nsd-004.html

Following the Justice Deparment on twitter has its perks. Like this article.

Justice Department

WASHINGTON – The Justice Department announced that Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, a 23-year-old Nigerian national, was charged today in a six-count criminal indictment returned in the Eastern District of Michigan for his alleged role in the attempted Christmas day bombing of Northwest Airlines flight 253 from Amsterdam, the Netherlands, to Detroit.

Count one of the indictment charges Abdulmutallab with attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction, which carries a penalty of up to life in prison. Count two of the indictment charges him with attempted murder within the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States, which carries a penalty of up to 20 years in prison. Count three of the indictment charges him with willful attempt to destroy or wreck an aircraft within the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States, which carries a penalty of up to 20 years in prison.

Count four of the indictment charges Abdulmutallab with willfully placing a destructive device on an aircraft within the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States, which was likely to endanger the safety of such aircraft. This violation carries a penalty of up to 20 years in prison. Count five of the indictment charges him with use of a firearm/destructive device during and in relation to a crime of violence, which carries a consecutive mandatory 30 years in prison. Count six of the indictment charges the defendant with possession of a firearm/destructive device in furtherance of a crime of violence, which carries a consecutive mandatory 30 years in prison

So mandatory 60 years plus three charges of twenty max, another 60 and a life sentence. Sounds fair to me.  

war_junky 91

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:45 pm
war_junky 91

Justice Department

WASHINGTON – The Justice Department announced that Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, a 23-year-old Nigerian national, was charged today in a six-count criminal indictment returned in the Eastern District of Michigan for his alleged role in the attempted Christmas day bombing of Northwest Airlines flight 253 from Amsterdam, the Netherlands, to Detroit.

Count one of the indictment charges Abdulmutallab with attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction, which carries a penalty of up to life in prison. Count two of the indictment charges him with attempted murder within the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States, which carries a penalty of up to 20 years in prison. Count three of the indictment charges him with willful attempt to destroy or wreck an aircraft within the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States, which carries a penalty of up to 20 years in prison.

Count four of the indictment charges Abdulmutallab with willfully placing a destructive device on an aircraft within the special aircraft jurisdiction of the United States, which was likely to endanger the safety of such aircraft. This violation carries a penalty of up to 20 years in prison. Count five of the indictment charges him with use of a firearm/destructive device during and in relation to a crime of violence, which carries a consecutive mandatory 30 years in prison. Count six of the indictment charges the defendant with possession of a firearm/destructive device in furtherance of a crime of violence, which carries a consecutive mandatory 30 years in prison

So mandatory 60 years plus three charges of twenty max, another 60 and a life sentence. Sounds fair to me.

Wait...
a pants bomb is a 'weapon of mass destruction'?
Um...
wtf?

If they keep redefining s**t there's going to be a lot of trouble.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:43 am
*ponders for an instant what a late 30s german court would have done*  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:00 pm
OberFeldwebel
war_junky 91

Justice Department

Wait...
a pants bomb is a 'weapon of mass destruction'?
Um...
wtf?

If they keep redefining s**t there's going to be a lot of trouble.
*sigh*

I agree that they should slam him with everything they can, but conventional explosives are NOT WEAPONS OF MASS DISTRUCTION. Just slam him with howevermany counts of attempted murder and the other things mentioned above and he's got probably several dozen consecutive life sentences. Not like he needs to be in prison after he's dead.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff