Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply Female Forum [ONLY FEMALES]
Belly Dance Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kris-nun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:58 pm
So I'm curious as to how Muslims feel about belly dance. Personally, I'm learning it, but the more classical Egyptian style. I was talking to someone who was defending the westernized version and saying that they are saving belly dance because Muslims are trying to ban it. I just want to know if you believe in banning belly dance and just your general thoughts. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:16 pm
honey who ever told u muslims are trying to ban belly dance is an idiot!!!
we have belly dancers every were just got to egypt or lebanon there the entertainment even in restaurants we have as many belly dancers as u have hair!! there every were!!!

even in gulf countries were belly dancers don't dance as entertainment all the girls dance it, its our native countries form of dance its not humanly possible to ban it!!!!
Im a belly dancer I have been dancing since I learned to walk I was though by me aunts and now Im teaching my little sister how to dance its not possible to stop it.

and the one that told u about banning it, knows nothing no offense but foreigners cant save belly dance I have seen "professional" belly dancer that are not Arab they are an embarrassment they dont know what they are doing and the problem is they teach there bad dancing and spread the ignorance some times they piss me of so much while there sowing off and clearly have NO idea what they are doing I cut in and dance so much better that the "professional" is embraced
in arab countries Im a very good dancer but no were near as good as "arab professionals"

and just in case ur wondering its not forbidden for muslims to dance so there is no reason to ban it to begin with 3nodding  

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:38 pm
Fish of Steel
we have belly dancers every were just got to egypt or lebanon there the entertainment even in restaurants we have as many belly dancers as u have hair!! there every were!!!

even in gulf countries were belly dancers don't dance as entertainment all the girls dance it, its our native countries form of dance its not humanly possible to ban it!!!!
Im a belly dancer I have been dancing since I learned to walk I was though by me aunts and now Im teaching my little sister how to dance its not possible to stop it.

and the one that told u about banning it, knows nothing no offense but foreigners cant save belly dance I have seen "professional" belly dancer that are not Arab they are an embarrassment they dont know what they are doing and the problem is they teach there bad dancing and spread the ignorance some times they piss me of so much while there sowing off and clearly have NO idea what they are doing I cut in and dance so much better that the "professional" is embraced
in arab countries Im a very good dancer but no were near as good as "arab professionals"

and just in case ur wondering its not forbidden for muslims to dance so there is no reason to ban it to begin with 3nodding

Agree.. I too have seen supposedly professional belly dancers and they do look a mess. But I have also seen some really good ones too!!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:43 pm
Well, that's the thing. We were arguing about the sexuality of westernized belly dance. I always thought that there was too much emphasis put on overcomplicated moves and wearing very little clothing when belly dancing. I've tried learning belly dance, but I'm not sure if it'll happen. All I have are old videos of the Belly dance legends to go off of. sad
I went searching for teachers and most of them did cabaret or tribal.  

kris-nun

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:48 pm
Bharatiyaa_ larki
Fish of Steel

Agree.. I too have seen supposedly professional belly dancers and they do look a mess. But I have also seen some really good ones too!!

u have not seen good till u have seen me wink looooooooooooooool joking!!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:52 pm
Celestial_Mana
Well, that's the thing. We were arguing about the sexuality of westernized belly dance. I always thought that there was too much emphasis put on overcomplicated moves and wearing very little clothing when belly dancing. I've tried learning belly dance, but I'm not sure if it'll happen. All I have are old videos of the Belly dance legends to go off of. sad

if the old legends are arabs then have gold the true belly dancers are form 50 years ago 3nodding

the belly dance outfit has always been a long skirt and a bra but I dont know how the western one how much worse can it get loool blaugh

and belly dance is not a simple dance, what do u mean by complicated?  

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

kris-nun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:57 pm
Fish of Steel
Celestial_Mana

if the old legends are arabs then have gold the true belly dancers are form 50 years ago 3nodding

the belly dance outfit has always been a long skirt and a bra but I dont know how the western one how much worse can it get loool blaugh

Ah, well these legends are Egyptian dancers who've been dancing since the 50's. The outfit they wore was a bra and skirt with a mesh over the mid section. Here, from what I've seen, it's a skimpier bra, skirt and no covering. As for complicated, I mean five moves going at once or some backbend down to the floor kind of thing. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:59 pm
Celestial_Mana

Try Kathak.. thats the dance that I do  

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:00 pm
Fish of Steel
Bharatiyaa_ larki
Fish of Steel

lol, I didn't know that you do belly dance.. cool!! rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:25 pm
Celestial_Mana
Fish of Steel
Celestial_Mana

Ah, well these legends are Egyptian dancers who've been dancing since the 50's. The outfit they wore was a bra and skirt with a mesh over the mid section. Here, from what I've seen, it's a skimpier bra, skirt and no covering. As for complicated, I mean five moves going at once or some backbend down to the floor kind of thing. sweatdrop

u have to concentrate on parts of ur body at once id ur shaking ur hips dont move ur arms too much ur arms have to compliment not over power, and the same if ur dancing with ur upper body.

and bedding ur back is not complicated I can turn to a "U" then go down on my knees and go back to make my head touch the floor then go back up while moving ether my hips or arm at the same time looool its easy it just needs practice whee

once u can shack ur hips as fast as a vibrator while swaying severely and dancing in a circle then can call it complicated looooool
I can do the vibrator and sway thing but I cant walk while doing it yet looool

and the mesh in the middle is usually an extra sometime we dont use it wink  

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:26 pm
Bharatiyaa_ larki
Fish of Steel
Bharatiyaa_ larki
Fish of Steel

yeah sure I started dancing before I could walk loooooool
Im realy good I get compliments when ever I dance in public whee  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:32 pm
Fish of Steel
Bharatiyaa_ larki
Fish of Steel
Bharatiyaa_ larki
Fish of Steel

yeah sure I started dancing before I could walk loooooool
Im realy good I get compliments when ever I dance in public whee

Thats awesome.. when I went to this bazaar once when I was little there was a bellydancer there.. she wasn't dancing but her outfit looked awesome!!  

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:41 pm
btw there are different kinds of belly dance there is Egyptian Lebanese Moroccan and lots more I found u a good vid on youtube its lebanese, if ur teacher can move like that with and it goes with the music then she is a good teacher biggrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-BQXhFAZhQ

its from a lebanese channel called LBC enjoy biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:48 pm
Fish of Steel
btw there are different kinds of belly dance there is Egyptian Lebanese Moroccan and lots more I found u a good vid on youtube its lebanese, if ur teacher can move like that with and it goes with the music then she is a good teacher biggrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-BQXhFAZhQ

its from a lebanese channel called LBC enjoy biggrin

Whoa.. why is she dancing in those high high heels?  

Bharatiyaa_ larki
Crew

850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Fish of Steel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:50 pm
the thing with the candles is moroccan:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJsZR3w776E&feature=related

but moroccans usually wear alot of cloths there covered up.

and this is an example of crap dancing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKylEXn03zw&feature=related

if anyone u know dances like this they should NEVER dance in public while in the middle east some one will just come up and wipe the floor with them stare  
Female Forum [ONLY FEMALES]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff