Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
FFVII remake announced Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:22 pm
I lied.

Well, maybe.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/6352.html  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:27 pm
That's already been announced. But nobody at Square wants to do it because of the unpleaseable fan base.  

Cybylt

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:28 pm
Razull
That's already been announced. But nobody at Square wants to do it because of the unpleaseable fan base.

Should have posted it in that thread - just forgot where it was. Read the article, it has to do with announcing a game that " is terribly waited from everyone and often 'REQUESTED' by fans and even of the press crew that I meet all over the world."

Probably ff remake.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:50 pm
Seems strange to me if they go announce that a remake would be done eventually and then announce it again in a different manner.  

Cybylt

Raike99

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:31 pm
FF6 Remake/FF7 Remake/KH3.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:44 pm
Raike99
KH3.

Please no.  

Jonnnn

Cybylt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:04 am
Perhaps a new Chrono game.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:59 am
im eager to see where they'll be going with this. i want a KH3 game made and i do wanna see FFVII and FFVIII remade  

DJ Arctic Wolf

7,150 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

pathetic_negi_magician

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:37 pm
I'd want a VI remake before a VII remake.

Then again, SE's out for our money, so...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:35 pm
No VI remake! NO!

sdkl;jf;eifjas;idlfjwae;ilfjasdlgfasdgjal

What on earth are you going to improve in that game? The sprites are fine and capture the whole essence of the game perfectly. FF6 is a mix of lighthearted and serious, the combination of cute little character sprites and epic handdrawn enemies showcases this. Putting the game into full chibi graphics like FF3/4 is stupid. Putting the game into full 3D like 7 would completely destroy the whole perfect duality.

They should just not touch 6. Keep porting it to newer systems, add in a couple new optional bosses in the world of ruin, and fixing whatever bugs/translation errors are left. The game is fine otherwise.  

nitnit
Captain

pathetic_negi_magician

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:10 pm
nitnit
No VI remake! NO!

sdkl;jf;eifjas;idlfjwae;ilfjasdlgfasdgjal

What on earth are you going to improve in that game? The sprites are fine and capture the whole essence of the game perfectly. FF6 is a mix of lighthearted and serious, the combination of cute little character sprites and epic handdrawn enemies showcases this. Putting the game into full chibi graphics like FF3/4 is stupid. Putting the game into full 3D like 7 would completely destroy the whole perfect duality.

They should just not touch 6. Keep porting it to newer systems, add in a couple new optional bosses in the world of ruin, and fixing whatever bugs/translation errors are left. The game is fine otherwise.

Err... I didn't mean a full remake like the poor excuse of IV. I meant something more along the lines of an improved version of the PSX version of VI.

And I agree that you're right about sprites making the game so awesome. Some of the conversations during battles would look ridiculous in 3D (considering their length and what-not).  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:35 pm
nitnit
I'm guessing they're going to remake FF8. FF8 sucked apparently (I never played it, since I'm an underage b&.) and Nomura thinks he can improve on the game because "DIS GENRASHON HAS BETUR GRAFIX ADN CAPASITE." He'll find a way to ******** up any remake, though. Most companies do.  

Raike99

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:16 pm
Problems with 8:

- "realistic" graphics were a downgrade from 7

- plot was overly convoluted and nonsensical (even more than the harshest criticisms of 7)

- same goes with the battle system

I do applaud that they tried to make a really "deep" story, but it ended up backfiring.

My biggest issue is that these problems caused square to completely turn around and make their main characters flamboyantly dressed whiny males, and the plots generic fantasy fluff.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:18 pm
But Nit, flamboyantly dressed whiny male leads are the staple of every jRPG.  

Raike99

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:28 pm
This is true, but Square takes the flamboyantness and, for lack of a better term at the moment, turns it up to eleven.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff