Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=Axis Powers Hetalia Guild=- PARTY AT RUSSIA'S PLACE!

Back to Guilds

The place to go for all your Hetalia needs. 

Tags: hetalia, manga, anime 

Reply Meeting Room
Hetalia licensed by Funimation Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suou Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:45 pm
User Image

It's finally happened, eh? Funimation now has the rights to Hetalia. This means the anime will be dubbed and released in the US.
So, what do you guys think? Excited? Worried? Wondering who will voice who? AS LONG AS STEPHEN COLBERT DOES AMERICA I'M GOOD.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:40 am
User Image

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Funimation does decent work most of the time so I'm not that concerned. I support Colbert as America FTW

It's just an odd thought to have. I had never even thought about it being dubbed.

I am curious about the voice actors...
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

nine-step waltz

Tipsy Nerd

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:12 am
I prefer the comic anyway, but I love the Japanese voices, so I won't even watch the dubs. Same with most anime. What I worry about is even more fans... who aren't actually intelligent enough to search and find the subs, like we all have been. You know the kind I mean...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:17 am
User Image

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
Yes, the comics will always be the best, but I hadn't even had time to think about Hetalia getting those fans and I dread people not reading the comic if they watch only the dub. So much trouble I see in the future. T-T
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

nine-step waltz

Tipsy Nerd

MiaIkumis#1Fan

Dapper Dabbler

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:20 am
I want Vic Mignogna to voice... someone. Maybe Italy, just because he always talks about having Italian pride. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:31 am
Gah. I guess I'm happy it'll be dubbed, because who knows, it might expand the fanbase in a positive way, but I'm just SO TIRED of the same voice actors being used in everything Funimation does, like Vic Mignogna. I personally don't think he's that great an actor. Also, I'm concerned on whether or not they would attempt accents for different countries. Very few voice actors out there can do accents that aren't insulting and also believable. I'll just wait and see I guess.  

nuripyon

Shattered Stained Glass

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:53 am
Well, I hope the dub is good. But Funimation has good voice actors anyway..

XDDD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:31 am
Ah. I'm so happy that it's being dubbed, but I am worried about if they will try and do accents. I really hope not....

Ohmygoshstephencolbert=americawouldbesomuchwin

Awhile ago me and my friends were talking about this and we somehow brought up Chris Sabat doing Germany's voice since it's so deep and stuff but I dunno...

symphonicCrybaby

Sparkly Bunny

10,275 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100

Celebiest

Valiant Gentlewoman

31,575 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Trickster 100
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:09 am
I mean, yes, Hetalia was a really good and educational series, but what happens when all the sudden the unintelligent fans start invading it?

well, there already were unintelligent people in the base once the anime got out, but let's just hope there are actually intelligent people that can take a joke once the anime gets dubbed and released here.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:18 am
DigiTAL-rabIES
Ah. I'm so happy that it's being dubbed, but I am worried about if they will try and do accents. I really hope not....
User Image

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

I kind of want them to do accents if they could pull it off. At least for Arthur and Francis...
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

nine-step waltz

Tipsy Nerd

Luckybug76

Dapper Seeker

5,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:28 am
HOLY CRAP. Can't wait!!

*hopes for Derek Stephen Prince to have a role* whee  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:59 am
Hmm.. I'm actually kinda hoping they will do accents (if they can do them properly of course) I just do hope they choose decent voice actors... I don't particularly like the english voice actors :/
Hopefully it won't gather too many stupid fans...  

Erzebet Shiyounin

lanie100

9,900 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:20 pm
I'm pretty interested on how they will pull it off. It would be so funny if they gave Canada this kind of voice.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:27 pm
nuripyon
Gah. I guess I'm happy it'll be dubbed, because who knows, it might expand the fanbase in a positive way, but I'm just SO TIRED of the same voice actors being used in everything Funimation does, like Vic Mignogna. I personally don't think he's that great an actor. Also, I'm concerned on whether or not they would attempt accents for different countries. Very few voice actors out there can do accents that aren't insulting and also believable. I'll just wait and see I guess.

I agree. I don't like his voice much either (and apparently neither does 4chan, but they don't like anything). If they try accents, I just have a feeling they'll fail badly.  

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Luckybug76

Dapper Seeker

5,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:12 pm
x_LoveObject_x
nuripyon

I agree. I don't like his voice much either (and apparently neither does 4chan, but they don't like anything). If they try accents, I just have a feeling they'll fail badly.

If they give Alfred a southern accent, I'm going to be very sad. No offence to anybody or anything, Alfred just dosen't seem like that kind of a guy.  
Meeting Room

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff