god ******** damn it Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:33 pm
So yesterday I registered to vote. Yes I know better late than never. Anyway I was talking to my best friend about it. I asked her which political party she registered as. She said she didn't know. I asked her how she couldn't know. She said she just didn't know and that all she did know is that it was Obamas party.

My best god damned friend. The head desk this deserves would probably leave a large dent in my desk and/or crush my skull in. gonk

So for those of you who have registered what did you register as? I registered as not being a member of a party.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:37 pm
Card-carrying Libertarian. Signed up to vote when I got my driver's license. They have a convenient slot on the same form... I considered registering as an independent, but I couldn't see a reason to if I agree with the Lib party line.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:40 pm
Fresnel
Card-carrying Libertarian. Signed up to vote when I got my driver's license. They have a convenient slot on the same form... I considered registering as an independent, but I couldn't see a reason to if I agree with the Lib party line.
Actually I think "independent" is another political party. The registration card had independent party and not a party member listed.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:46 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
Actually I think "independent" is another political party. The registration card had independent party and not a party member listed.
Only in CA, it looks like. The "American Independent Party" is the Constitutional Party's branch in California, and only maintains its party status by hooking in true independents to be party members through misdirection.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:49 pm
Ah ok. Still I'm raging so bad because my best friend is so ******** stupid.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:03 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Ask him why. I put money on "that's what my parents are".

A Massachusetts teacher stands up in front of a third-grade class and gives a lesson on the difference between Democrats and Republicans. When she's done, she asks the class which party they belong to. Everyone says 'Democrat', except one child, who says he's a Republican. "And why are you a Republican, Jimmy?" says the teacher. "Well, my mom's a Republican, and my dad's a Republican, so I guess that makes ME a Republican too."
"Well, is that the only reason?"
"I guess so, yeah."
"So if your mom was an idiot and your dad was an idiot, what would you be then?"
"Oh, THEN I'd be a Democrat!"  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:05 pm
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser

A Massachusetts teacher stands up in front of a third-grade class and gives a lesson on the difference between Democrats and Republicans. When she's done, she asks the class which party they belong to. Everyone says 'Democrat', except one child, who says he's a Republican. "And why are you a Republican, Jimmy?" says the teacher. "Well, my mom's a Republican, and my dad's a Republican, so I guess that makes ME a Republican too."
"I guess so, yeah."
"So if your mom was an idiot and your dad was an idiot, what would you be then?"
rofl I heard that one before.

I get the feeling she just bought into the whole "Obama is so great" bullshit around the time of the election.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:07 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Fresnel
Das Rabble Rouser

"I guess so, yeah."
rofl I heard that one before.

I get the feeling she just bought into the whole "Obama is so great" bullshit around the time of the election.
That's entirely possible too.

Oh hey, he hits one year this weekend. It's around this time that we begin to ask ourselves: what's Changed?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:09 pm
Fresnel
That's entirely possible too.

Oh hey, he hits one year this weekend. It's around this time that we begin to ask ourselves: what's Changed?
Well public opinion changed a lot. He's no longer black Jesus. Now he is satan hitler.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:57 pm
Yeah, that response from your friend is probably the result of the same thing that got our current travesty going...

I registered several months before the November election, I think as Republican. I'd probably sign onto the Libertarians now, but I don't think party affiliation is really important enough to go out of my way to change. Being a raging supporter of any one political party is a joke, its all about individual issues and individual guys.  

ArmasTermin

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:20 pm
ArmasTermin
Yeah, that response from your friend is probably the result of the same thing that got our current travesty going...

I registered several months before the November election, I think as Republican. I'd probably sign onto the Libertarians now, but I don't think party affiliation is really important enough to go out of my way to change. Being a raging supporter of any one political party is a joke, its all about individual issues and individual guys.
I have a very limited tolerance for stupidity. I can tolerate her pretty well because she's very nice and she isn't one of those idiots who thinks they know everything. Still this has me so pissed off, probably more than I should be.

Political affiliation probably isn't that big a deal, but still I know too little about any political party to join one. There's also the whole "lol u r a _____ you r stupid" bullshit. No matter what party you choose someone will make a deal of it. Democrats are abortion loving spendaholics, repulbicans are warmonging cheapskates, libertarians are paranoid rednecks, communists are lazy mindless drones, and well you get the picture.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:11 am
ArmasTermin

The only real difference in party affiliation is that you can only vote in your party's primary election. Like, only Democrats got the Clinton v. Obama vote.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:32 am
You have to register for a party?

I just simply don't remember doing that part.

Republican I believe, had I known more I would have probably picked independent.

Anyway, yeah I know your pain.
My younger sister voted for obama to, you guessed it, make history IE because he's black.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:44 am
Well, next (Presidential) election, I plan to vote Republican. I really only see it as the lesser of two evils, though. (As in, the one that leaves me the ******** alone, the most.)  

Shrantic

Ubasti

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:47 am
Fresnel
It's gonna take a few years for us to see what his policies have done. Stop being so impatient with the man. You aren't going to see major change in one year. Hell, it took a few years before everybody realized Bush was an asshat, right? It took a few years for Clinton's policies to have a measurable effect, right? It took a few years for Reaganomics to screw the economy over, right? The reason Obama's public opinion is so low is because everybody expects things to change NOW, and not in a few years.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff