Reply Adult Furries Guild
Isnt It Messed Up Gays Cant Join The Army?? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Guy With Condoms

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:01 am
Gays Arent Allowed In The Army As So Said By The Government. Yet They Are Always Complaining About How They Need Troops And Gays Wanna Join But They Wont Allow It. Messed Up Right?! scream

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:41 am
Don't ask don't tell.  

Grar teh Kitteh

CyrusVillalobo

Shirtless Werewolf

5,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:44 am
its another way for the MAN to keep us gay's down whats next making us wear name tags that says hi im Omy and im gay ...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:52 am
Grar teh Kitteh
Don't ask don't tell.

Exactly. Gays can join, just don't say anything. Though, right before I got out, I heard that Obama was trying to make it to where gays can serve openly, rather than being a closet case.  

Davin_Nightwind

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:54 am
I personally would never join anyway, but....

It pretty much shows that our military is so weak and incapable that the mere thought of a homosexual fighting beside someone would make them go berserk or wuss out. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If there's a war, the enemy should recruit homosexuals to torture captives. They'd break like twigs given how they're treated in this regard. razz

"Oh no! Homos! I'm meeeeellting! D: " Or the general blind rage that pretty much says they're nothing more than a meat shield AND they're too weak mentally to withstand ...well..much of anything.

...On the plus side, if they ever tried drafting people again then I can get out of it by flirting with superiors and being incredibly openly gay the entire time. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:59 am
Garek Maxwell
I personally would never join anyway, but....

It pretty much shows that our military is so weak and incapable that the mere thought of a homosexual fighting beside someone would make them go berserk or wuss out. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If there's a war, the enemy should recruit homosexuals to torture captives. They'd break like twigs given how they're treated in this regard. razz

"Oh no! Homos! I'm meeeeellting! D: " Or the general blind rage that pretty much says they're nothing more than a meat shield AND they're too weak mentally to withstand ...well..much of anything.

...On the plus side, if they ever tried drafting people again then I can get out of it by flirting with superiors and being incredibly openly gay the entire time. heart

XD

You know the funny thing is, most people in the military don't give a damn if your gay or bi or whatever. As long as you do your job, you're fine.

I mean, hell, when I told my supervisor that I was bi, him, my shop NCO and my section NCO were incredibly supportive. They told me that they didn't care about that. But then, you'll always run into assholes.  

Davin_Nightwind

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:04 am
Davin_Nightwind
I mean, hell, when I told my supervisor that I was bi, him, my shop NCO and my section NCO were incredibly supportive. They told me that they didn't care about that.

We need more of those people. gonk

Also, I totally forgot that any training or exercises or whatever done with foreign militaries makes it much more likely that you're working with someone who's bi or gay. Apparently the US is one of the few countries out there with this policy. confused

It would help if there were more people that didn't care though. Especially in the high up positions near the president/congress/etc. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:10 am
Garek Maxwell

We need more of those people. gonk

Also, I totally forgot that any training or exercises or whatever done with foreign militaries makes it much more likely that you're working with someone who's bi or gay. Apparently the US is one of the few countries out there with this policy. confused

It would help if there were more people that didn't care though. Especially in the high up positions near the president/congress/etc. 3nodding

*nods* Yeah. To be honest, the US is one of like, what...five countries that don't allow gays to serve openly. I know they do in most European countries.

And I totally agree with that 3nodding *laughs* Hell, even my colonel was cool with it XD  

Davin_Nightwind

Sangaera Shiju

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:27 am
My immediate thought upon reading the topic title.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:28 pm
Actually there ARE gays in the army. It's just they can't really tell anyone until they are decommissioned, which I agree is mixed up considering it's probably not a good idea to turn down anyone who WANTS to fight in the first place.  

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Rastiel

5,050 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:49 pm
We don't need no steenking pooftahs in the armed forces!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:55 pm
Apparently you can be openly gay and serve in the military here.

Atlaas

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:13 pm
No, no you got it all wrong. Truthfully they army luvs gays, that is why they don't want them to join and risk being killed in combat. =p  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:10 pm
I can agree fully that it's BS.
And agree even more strongly on that "Don't ask, don't tell" post. More so on the "don't tell" part.

I'd like to think it's because gays would be discriminated upon and abused by others who are in the service. Though, I know it's probably just because those in charge ARE discriminatory on homosexuals.

I'd think it would be easy enough to lie and say you were straight, but I have never experienced it and can only give a guess at how to bypass the question.  

Martyrize

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:55 pm
Martyrize
I can agree fully that it's BS.
And agree even more strongly on that "Don't ask, don't tell" post. More so on the "don't tell" part.

I'd like to think it's because gays would be discriminated upon and abused by others who are in the service. Though, I know it's probably just because those in charge ARE discriminatory on homosexuals.

I'd think it would be easy enough to lie and say you were straight, but I have never experienced it and can only give a guess at how to bypass the question.

You're partially right there. It's mostly because of the discrimination factor. The military has a zero tolerance policy on discrimination.

And it is easy. When I signed my contract for the Air Force, they had no idea that I'm bi (which is the same thing as gay in their book...because of the whole thing that you'd be just as willing to have a relationship with the same gender as you would with the opposite gender). Plus, it's actually illegal for the recruiters to ask if you're gay or not. If someone actually asks you if you're gay in the military, they can get into a whole world of trouble.

Trust me on this one...Remember, telling my supervisor that I'm bi is what got me out of the Air Force. And yes, it's an honorable discharge, as long as you didn't do anything stupid.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff