Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Bethesda's MMO Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:21 pm
Revealed in the Bethesda vs Interplay court case, Bethesda has been working on an MMO since 2007, they have invested "tens of millions" of dollars, and "hundreds of people" to the project, a "WoW like MMO".

Soon after this was revealed in court, Bethesda asked for this information to be kept secret, but it was too late to stop internet leaks.

Speculation?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:30 pm
meh, there's always something secret buried in big game developers, i'm thinking it may be a elder scroll mmo, i read an article of rumors in wired, three years back, and heard of something similar, but i'd say stick to rpg's and not mmo's  

The Ginger Dude

Niaxus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:32 pm
A wow like mmo? ... i used to like wow but the combat system sucks...if it has the same combat system as wow i probably don't want it =w=  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:37 pm
Blizzard themselves summed it up when they were asked why their next MMO in development is radically different from WoW. "There's no point in making a WoW like MMO, because the WoW players will still play WoW".

What I'm not sure of is if Bethesda said "WoW like" because it is like WoW, or because WoW is a huge game, and it'd impress the courts more.

Also, niaxus, what's an MMO with better combat than WoW...?  

nitnit
Captain

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:38 pm
don't say that here or nit will literally troll you, we don't have opinions here ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:39 pm
It's not trolling. And you do have opinions, they're just often wrong. =)

(besides, if you can't stand a friendly debate, don't respond to what I say..)  

nitnit
Captain

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:41 pm
touche,but what do you think?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:42 pm
The Ginger Dude
don't say that here or nit will literally troll you, we don't have opinions here ninja

Damn right. All posts must be a large list of facts. Opinions will result in instant banning.  

Jonnnn

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:46 pm
Ginger - I'm not really surprised, I just thought this was some pretty interesting news. Fallout 3 launched Bethesda into the forefront of the "big developers/publishers", so anything they do is newsworthy, even if it's terrible.

Jonnnn - I've only banned... that one guy who kept on calling me and others vulgar swears after I showed him the rules that say not to multiple times.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:49 pm
I'd say leave the mmo's to blizzard until they reach god mode(trust me they haven't yet), and then laugh and swim in the millons of money they receive, and maybe someone can do one, but it makes you think what if there was an mmo that could top wow????, but that when revelation coming. sweatdrop  

The Ginger Dude

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:06 pm
http://www.vg247.com/2010/01/20/source-bethesdas-elder-scrolls-mmo-missed-its-2009-reveal/  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:08 pm
thats just it..EVERY mmo has wow or nearly wow like combat system =w= all the ones ive played anyway...it gets old...  

Niaxus

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:13 pm
Of the MMO's I've played, WoW's got the best actual combat. Then again I haven't played some of the newer ones like Champions and Star Trek  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:22 pm
This idea is horrible! The thought of Bethesda making an MMO is terrible for my eyes to read or ears to hear. And if it is honestly the Elder Scrolls franchise getting the MMO revamp then I more than likely wont buy it. Having it being a MMO ruins the experience of actually being in a real living virtual world. I mean you will be pestered by everyone in the main town spamming "WTS StEEL LONGSOWRD!!! PM OFFFERZ!!!!"  

Tron714
Vice Captain

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:41 pm
nitnit
http://www.vg247.com/2010/01/20/source-bethesdas-elder-scrolls-mmo-missed-its-2009-reveal/
Thought so, i still think beteseda taking a big gamble, that's not in their favor, i don't think they have it them to make one, or at least a satisfying one  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff