maybe
View Results

jewangel

4,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:34 am
i started this in the harry potter forum and was wandering what people opion here would be see my friend and i came up with a really long and complicated theory on how harry can be jewish please give me ur opion.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:49 pm
If Harry was Jewish he wouldn't celebrate Christmas (it says in the book he does)  

Ashley-Damei

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Pow in the Wow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:52 pm
he does look a lil bit like jewish, but yeah i agree with babii_brunette. if he was jewish, why would he be celebratin christmas?

((i'm buddhist, but i celebrate christmas. blaugh ))  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:10 pm
I agree with Babii_Brunette.  

covo

[NCP] Neon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:31 pm
Harry Potter is not jewish. He celebrates christmas in the book. And if he is in real life i have no idea.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:51 pm
No I don't think he is Jewish, because he celebrates Christmas..but maybe he doesn't really follow any religion..  

Sectum_Sempra

Anxious Hunter

Dynast Metallium

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:17 am
Couldn't it be possible that Harry just celebrates Christmas because everyone else thinks that he does? It would be rude for him to give everything back to his friends and such saying, "Sorry, I don't celebrate Christmas.", wouldn't it?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:35 am
Babii_Brunette
If Harry was Jewish he wouldn't celebrate Christmas (it says in the book he does)

this my theory
i think theirs a chance that he might be. lily potter was jewish but james wasnt. his aunt petunia had to convert to marry vermon so dudly isnt jewish and harry doesnt know hes jewish and at hogwarts its like a public school and public schools has alll these like chisten and catholic holidays like halloween and chrismas. the reason why harry doesnt know hes jewish is because his parents got killed when he was really young , the dursley never told him and everybody who knows hes jewish either afraid to tell him or just forgot that he was. and most schools celebrate chrismas even public schools.the schools do that because that mostof the student body probally celebrates chrismas  

jewangel

4,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200

jewangel

4,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:31 am
Dynast Metallium
Couldn't it be possible that Harry just celebrates Christmas because everyone else thinks that he does? It would be rude for him to give everything back to his friends and such saying, "Sorry, I don't celebrate Christmas.", wouldn't it?

quit true when people say to me to have a good/merry chrismas i dont bother to correct them and say i dont celebrate chrismas i celebrate hannukah and hannukah useally fallls out around chrimas so it wouldnt make a differance  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:34 am
it could be that lily or james or both were from converso families and they just kept with thge traditions their parents tought them not knowing they were jewish  

jewangel

4,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200

LeighMae

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:09 pm
The Christmas Thing, I have a friend who celebrates Christmas, and he is Jewish. So, I don't think that was anything to do with it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:34 pm
Babii_Brunette

yeah i aggree with you  

o_sugarsweetie_o

ARE YOU A UFO

Spoopy Baby

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:17 pm
I think the Dursleys are Christian. If not for faith, just so they don't seem different. I don't know about in England, but where I live most people are Christian and converting to ''fit in'' seems like a Dursley-ish thing to do.

And people are normally whatever religion they are raised until they are old enough to really think about what they believe. So I think Harry is Christian. Plus... he celebrates Christmas.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:36 am
Probably a christian.....  

Gainsborough-Aerith

Harlequin-Avarice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:43 am
Is there really a religion in the wizarding world because if they're Christian, then "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" might pose a few problems. So, in my opinion, he's either agnostic or aetheist  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff