Twilight manga Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SOM3BODii TOLD M3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:30 pm
ok... so they're making a "Twilight: A Graphic Novel"

i don't know what to think of it. i like manga but i don't know what to think of this.....

this was the thing on Steph's website:

Quote:
YEN PRESS ANNOUNCES TWILIGHT: THE GRAPHIC NOVEL, VOL. 1 WILL GO ON-SALE ON MARCH 16, 2010

NEW YORK, NY (January 20, 2010) — Yen Press, the graphic novel imprint of Hachette Book Group, announced that it will publish the highly-anticipated first volume in the graphic novel adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight on March 16, 2010. Twilight: The Graphic Novel, Volume 1 will be released in hardcover for $19.99 ($22.99 CAN) with a first printing of 350,000 copies. As is typical in graphic novel publishing, due to the length of the prose novel, the book will be divided into two volumes and the release date for the second volume is forthcoming.

Twilight: The Graphic Novel contains selected text from Meyer's original novel with illustrations by Korean artist Young Kim. A rare fusion of Asian and Western comic techniques is reflected in this black-and-white graphic novel with color interspersed throughout. Meyer consulted throughout the artistic process and had input on every panel.

I've enjoyed working on this new interpretation of Twilight," said Meyer. "Young has done an incredible job transforming the words that I have written into beautiful images. The characters and settings are very close to what I was imagining while writing the series."

Kurt Hassler, Yen Press Publishing Director, said, "Few American publishing properties are better suited to introduce a vast readership to the medium of graphic novel than the phenomenon that is Stephenie Meyer's Twilight. Yen Press will certainly continue to expand this audience with the help of Bella and Edward."

In four years, Stephenie Meyer has become a worldwide publishing phenomenon. The Twilight Saga’s translation rights have been sold in nearly 50 countries and 85 million copies have been sold worldwide.

and this is the picture of the cover as done on amazon

the pic can also be seen in a bigger size on her site. just scroll down a bit.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:35 pm
I may need to gouge my eyes out at this point.  

Twilight Scribe

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:59 pm
Ok it was cute when it was just online but this is getting ridiculous if you ask me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:46 pm
I'll probably buy it just because the artwork looks good.  

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:54 pm
The Kraken
I'll probably buy it just because the artwork looks good.

I read this online a while back. I wasn't crazy over it but I can see why some people might buy it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:02 pm
The artwork looks good, so I would be tempted to buy it, but I don't know that I would pay $20 for it.

I personally would rather that Stephenie finish Midnight Sun or that offical guide book before working on something like this.  

Glitterbean

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:11 pm
I don't think Midnight Sun is going to be finished. I wouldn't mind the official guide though as that would be interesting. Besides almost everyone has been able to read these online for over a year now. There are a lot of videos on youtube that actually use the comic version.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:57 am
I actually think its nice!
I'm a big manga fan and a big fan of populair movies and books being turned into manga (like The legend of the dark crystal, Vampire Kisses, Wicked Lovely...).
I'm definitely going to buy it.

CatRoxx

Aqua Anjel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:50 pm
I bought it yesterday. I actually like it. The essence of twilight it there. Any twilight fan should probably get it. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:53 pm
I read them online and really before I even think about other Manga's I need to finish buying my Tsubasa Manga's first.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:59 pm
Aqua Anjel
I bought it yesterday. I actually like it. The essence of twilight it there. Any twilight fan should probably get it. smile
Thanks for the tip. ^__^

I've been waffling over whether or not I should get it.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:07 pm
I don't think it's selling too well. Didn't it just come out? And it's already on the 30%-off rack at Borders. But the artwork IS really nice. The characters look almost exactly the way I pictured them. Maybe I will buy it...  

Glitterbean

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:20 pm
Glitterbean
I don't think it's selling too well. Didn't it just come out? And it's already on the 30%-off rack at Borders. But the artwork IS really nice. The characters look almost exactly the way I pictured them. Maybe I will buy it...

Yeah it only came out a few weeks ago I think. I still have other mangas to buy before I even consider the Twilight Manga but I might show it to my mom and see what she thinks of it when we're near a book store.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:56 am
Maybe I'll ask the Easter Bunny to get it for me. blaugh One of the many advantages of having so many younger siblings is that "Santa Claus" and "the Easter Bunny" have to keep coming long after I've outgrown them. whee  

Glitterbean

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:26 am
Glitterbean
Maybe I'll ask the Easter Bunny to get it for me. blaugh One of the many advantages of having so many younger siblings is that "Santa Claus" and "the Easter Bunny" have to keep coming long after I've outgrown them. whee

LOL I don't get anything from the Easter Bunny but my mom dad and grandparents do usually get something for me and my brother and now his fiancee but I do have a younger cousin so we still get stuff from Santa.

My mom I'm expecting another charm for my charm bracelet.

My dad's getting me season 2 of Robin Hood BBC

My grandparents will probably give me a card and possibly some money.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff