View Results

winnter_spirals

Friendly Shapeshifter

12,550 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Trickster 100
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Haunter 250
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:18 pm
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp?video=meet_your_meat&Player=wm&speed=_med

this video shows how our meat is being treated. horribly, worse than horrible. eat meat or eat animal products you are supporting this  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:50 pm
Are you kidding? I live and breath for the animals. I run a dog rescue and get put in jail for Protesting. Don't buy from petshops such as PETLAND puppy mills *shivers* We must put creeps down. Meat is MURDER, I don't even need to go in to it.

P&G is under animal testing
http://www.pandgkills.com/facts/index.html  

HoldTheOnion

Valoheart

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:23 pm
I hate when people are cruel to animals. I really don't care what people do to each other but hurting animals is just wrong scream  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:47 pm
Typically i tend to place more value on animals than humans...  

Danthalas

HoldTheOnion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:54 pm
Animals, can't speak be the voice.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:56 pm
i'm glad there are people that agree with me on this matter. i hate it when poeple think they can abuse animals, it's sickening. they wouldn't treat their pet like that would they? so what makes them think they can treat a cow, a pig, or a chicken like that? they are living things they feel pian. it's crule what they do to them sad  

winnter_spirals

Friendly Shapeshifter

12,550 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Trickster 100
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Haunter 250
  • Team Jacob 100

Schwarzkatze

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:38 pm
Take everything peta says with a bucket of salt. While their motives might be good and right, the way they go about it isn't. stare They're known to use some really deviant and underhanded tactics when it comes to getting their point across. Some of the s**t they pull is worse than animal abuse.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:37 pm
0o; I honestly don't condone the way that farmers treat their animals in today's fast paced world... however the last time I tried to cut meat completely from my diet I passed out and had a small seizure.... so I can't exactly abstain from it. ^^* I agree that the methods are cruel and inhumane, and that measures should be taken to care more for the health and well being of the animals...I couldn't sit through all of it though because i was getting rather sick.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Ilassa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:00 am
the most sickening reason why humanity considers all this reasonable because being as big headed as it is claims itself to be the superior and dominant being on this planet and as such above the rules of retribution  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:39 am
one word, kosher, if u eat kosher meat the animals dont suffer, the just kill it, its against the jewish religion to let an animal suffer.  

BlairyFairy

Tenebrion Valefor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:42 am
I hate when people abuse any sort of living creature. Nothing should ever have to suffer. However thats not going to stop me from eating meat. I might eat meat but that doesn't mean i'm the one hurting the animals. If its already dead then theres no harm done.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:38 am
I love to eat meat, now before anyone shoots me down, hear me out.

Because I said I like to eat meat, some people may automatically put me in with the beefheaded crowd of ignorant fools who know nothing about that which goes on in meat factories. But nay, I have seen the movies, I have seen a factory, I have been on about ... *counts* 5 different farms and worked on one for three days.
So I have seen what animals go through.
Now I say it is quite regrettable that these creatures are subjected to pain and such but you have to consider... Humanity is at the top of the food chain, there is no doubt about that (even though some humans have been eaten by other animals but thats slightly beside my point sweatdrop )

Although in my opinion animals should not be placed on a higher pedastal than humans, that still does not mean that people can treat any animal any way he or she wants to. If an animal is going to be killed for food, its death should be quick and painless, because I know that is how I would want my own death.

Since the dawn of man, humanity has been hunting and killing animals for sustenance and support. and when they did, they put the whole animal to use. They turned the bones into tools, the skins into clothes, did you know the membrane of deer brain can even be used to make drums. That is how I support my meat eating thesis, using the old "Dawn of Man" example... it's tried... but true

Now When I read a previous post in this topic, stating
"Typically i tend to place more value on animals than humans..."
I felt deeply saddened. Yes, animals are living things, but you have to remember, even though as a race, we humans are deplorable and evil by nature there are good people out there. Now what is a worse statistic? six million men women and children killed in the years of World War Two, or six million animals killed in the past year?
If given the choice between saving a kitten, or saving your own mother, I am no doubt sure less value would be placed on the kitten regardless of what is said.
(And believe me, I do love kittens, I really really do, but if it is between fluffly and mommy... Mommy has to come first on the list of people to rescue from death)

Also! Animal testing (Medicinal testing not cosmetic testing, I TOTALLY am against cosmetic testing). Again... regrettable that animals must be sacrificed but it is thier sacrifice that produces viable medicines useable for human consumption that can save thousands of lives. Again, the tradeoff is a cute little lab rat to save someone' sickly old mother. In my opinion, it is an acceptable trade.

That is not the end of my pro-meat eating arguement... But I shall withdraw for now for fear of being long winded. Thank you for listening to what I have to say so far.
And on a sidenote, I myself have slaughtered a pig while on vacation in puerto Rico, so none of you can dare say I don't know anything (and I assure you, it was a quick death for the animal)

And once more, I re-iterate, I do NOT condone cruelty to animals  

Ascher

DracoSofy

Liberal Gaian

4,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:14 am
Valoheart
I hate when people are cruel to animals. I really don't care what people do to each other but hurting animals is just wrong scream
yes i agree, i say and always "aw the people, sucks" evil  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:29 am
Ascher most animal testing isnt about medicines OR cosmetics its about sticking needles into animals just to see how they tick  

Ilassa

Ascher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:36 am
Ilassa
Ascher most animal testing isnt about medicines OR cosmetics its about sticking needles into animals just to see how they tick

Actually that is quite untrue
We already know how animals tick due to a process called dissection. Plus I'm in a psychology and a chemistry class, and its been found that rats are actually around 90% of genetic similarity to humans believe it or not, and of course apes and primates being 98% genetically similar. Thus When a medicine is being tested it is presumed to have the same effect on a test animal as it would on a human, and animals are used as a first measure that way should there be a problem with the drug, only a lab rat will be effected rather than a human. And you have to consider that medicinal testing comes in stages, right after a drug has been deemed safe for animal use the next stage is HUMAN testing. Need our scientists stick needles in humans to learn how they tick? no Because Da Vinci found that out for us when he began to perform illegal autopsies.

Scientists already know exactly how animals tick, and it is the exact same reasons humans live too. A beating heart. Lungs to take in oxygen, liver for blood cleaning, a digestive and waste system, kidneys, spine, CNS, DNA, RNA, Gabba, dopamine, various Neurotransmitters, are ALL present in animals as they are in a human.

*takes a bow* Thank you  
Multimedia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces