Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Nintendo Gaming
Big Monster Hunter Update Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cybylt

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:53 pm
Remember Capcom's Make a Weapon Contest for MH3? If not, here's a rundown. Capcom stated that they'll put in two weapons submitted by the fans as well as name an unnamed one that hadn't been shown until now. And today Capcom has unveiled the winners in their in-game render glory.

User Image
Full Size Pic

Quote:
We love our fans, so much so that we held a contest for fans to create and name weapons for Monster Hunter Tri. That's right, we asked you guys to make content for the game. We revealed the results a while back, and now we're happy to show off the in-game renders of the weapons.

The Lion's Bane is a new Great Sword based off the creation of Jan-Wah Li.

The Sinister Saints Switch Axe is based off the design of Shawn 'Shawnzy' M.

And the Tenebra is a Long Sword which was named by Jack 'JDK' Kelly.

Once more, fantastic work by the community. And these weapons are so special to us that instead of putting them in just any quest, we've decided to make these weapons a part of the Event Quests in the game. You can only get these weapons by specifically playing the event quest it's tied to.

Awesome fan made weapons, new quests, and tons more info about Tri coming soon. Plus there's some good news coming soon for fans who pre-order... Stay tuned for that.

And last but not least Wii Speak Confirmed, with its own bundle including the game and classic controller pro no less. I'll update the news when possible.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:45 pm
Is the US version going to have a monthly fee?  

nitnit
Captain

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:12 am
why does siniste saints look like riku's keyblade from KH2?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:51 am
nitnit
Is the US version going to have a monthly fee?

No confirmation one way or the other, but it's highly unlikely as Capcom is going to do everything they can with Tri to get the series popular in the states and Europe.

They also remained undecided on Wii Speak, or so they said, up until they go and announce a bundle yesterday.  

Cybylt

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:07 am
If there isn't a fee, I'm definitely looking into it.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:47 am
I was thinking of buying Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii until they announnced it was coming to the 360. I always wanted to try the franchise but I never had a PSP.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Cybylt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:25 am
Tron714
I was thinking of buying Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii until they announnced it was coming to the 360. I always wanted to try the franchise but I never had a PSP.

You'll be waiting at least a year for the launch and probably get monthly fees since Frontier gets seasonal updates then.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:57 am
Cybylt
Tron714

You'll be waiting at least a year for the launch and probably get monthly fees since Frontier gets seasonal updates then.

Well, I was thinking about doing that too, but if there's a monthly fee (grrr) then I'll just get the Wii version or forgo it altogether. I just can't bring myself to pay a monthly fee for a game.  

Haratio TaFotter

Cybylt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:27 am
Capcom has said that circumstances only present in Japan are why the series is pay to play out there. Basically a free to play confirmation out here.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:44 am
Quote:
In today's interview with Japanese publication Famitsu, Capcom's Kaiji Inafune mentioned that a release overseas looks likely.

While he didn't mention any release date or solid confirmation, but he's definitely interested in bringing it to Western shores. In fact, the guy seems to be expecting it.

"I feel Monster Hunter can definitely succeed overseas. There's a high possibility that MHF will kickstart that," Inafune stated.

While Monster Hunter has always been a gigantic success in the Japanese market, it's never been a huge hit beyond Japan . That doesn't stop Capcom from trying anyway; Monster Hunter Freedom Unite was released outside of Japan in order to draw in more fans. And Frontier could really be a gigantic success overseas with it's online capabilities; so far, the only way to play this game online is over Xlink Kai or the PSP's Ad-hoc Party.

Now, with the 360 receiving Monster Hunter Frontier, the franchise will span across all consoles except Playstation 3. This coincides with Capcom's recent move toward Western markets through the Xbox 360 platform.

Source

As well as a related article.

New Features Rundown

-Upgraded weapons, more items, new monsters

-Jumping and gathering is done by swinging the Nunchuk. You don't have to select a pickaxe from your items, anymore. You just approach an ore and swing the Nunchuk.

-Gathering and Mining points disappear when they're used up.

-The first area is freely accessible without taking a Quest.

-Active day and night system. Twelve in-game hours pass with every quest. You also have the option to sleep at night to pass the time, but not during the day.

-In Gathering Quests, the Paw Pass Ticket isn't delivered instantly. You need to spend five minutes on the quest.

-You have the option of equipping an amulet on top of your regular equipment. They give extra skill points.

-Gunners have a fourth inventory page strictly for ammunition.

-You need to actively record information on monsters when you encounter them. No more buying reference books.

-You have a journal used for many things, such as monster references, as well as tagging certain equipment materials. You can check how many of which item you need for a certain piece of equipment at any time if you record it. A special sound effect also plays when you obtain recorded materials.

-Some monsters have special attacks that continuously deal damage until you break out, done so by rhythmically shaking the Wiimote.

-Swimming, of course.

-The farm has undergone drastic change (can elaborate on this if you want).

-There is an NPC in town for trading items for items. You can also specify what you would like him to look for on his adventures, to alter the type of items available for trade.

-You no longer have Felyne Comrades or Chefs. You now have a Shakalaka known as ChaCha who helps you during quests, and a pirate cat that came with the item trader who cooks for you. Meal results are recorded and you can choose how to cook the meal. Different cooking methods give different kitchen skills.

-There's a quick combine option in your menu. You can set items that are created if you have the right materials.  

Cybylt

KaosHunter

Friendly Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:12 am
Cybylt
Quote:

Now, with the 360 receiving Monster Hunter Frontier, the franchise will span across all consoles except Playstation 3.

gonk
Whyyyyyyyy!?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:48 pm
KaosHunter
Cybylt
Quote:

Now, with the 360 receiving Monster Hunter Frontier, the franchise will span across all consoles except Playstation 3.

gonk
Whyyyyyyyy!?

Because the PS3 is the worst system to make a game for financial wise?  

nitnit
Captain

Cybylt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:03 pm
nitnit
KaosHunter
Cybylt
Quote:

gonk
Whyyyyyyyy!?

Because the PS3 is the worst system to make a game for financial wise?

And in Japan, 360 and Wii are seen as the consoles to develop for if you want to make any money in the english speaking countries. They don't need to make a PS3 console since they already have Japanese popularity.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:00 pm
This is off topic, but I've never really found a PS3 fan that made any sense. Except for the rare few who realize that their system is only better for a couple exclusives and they would rather have those exclusives over the 360's.  

nitnit
Captain

Nintendo Gaming

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas