Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Unless I'm mistaken and the world is ending... (5th gen) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:37 pm
A while back, GameFreak announced that they were making a new RPG slated for release at the end of this year and they also revealed this just recently...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q30ZNvyecS0

... just a silhouette... but considering the source, 5th generation of Pokemon has just begun...

Excited? Anything you're expecting this time?... something you know that I don't?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:07 am
There will be a tropius and farfechd evolution.

Gamefreak told me.  

Jonnnn

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:40 am
It's the final form of the Fighting starter.

It's
Fighting
Physic
Dark

My uncle told me, he works at Bungie.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:28 pm
Who else is ready for 5th's gen dragon to start off OU and then become uber 9 months later?  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:16 pm
Ill just wait until they just put all the games in one xP  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:18 pm
Have fun waiting forever.  

nitnit
Captain

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:45 am
nitnit
Who else is ready for 5th's gen dragon to start off OU and then become uber 9 months later?
me  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:25 pm
darkslasherX
nitnit
me
I'm ready to be disappointed if this doesn't happen.  

pathetic_negi_magician

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:41 am
pathetic_negi_magician
darkslasherX
nitnit
me

Likewise... but you would think they would have learned something from the last couple dragon-types they've made and the way the pokemon have been recieved. neutral

Personally I'm just waiting for an actually usable poison type, or maybe something different from the Grass/Fire/Water starter theme.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:25 pm
Chaotix Bluix
pathetic_negi_magician
darkslasherX
nitnit
me

Likewise... but you would think they would have learned something from the last couple dragon-types they've made and the way the pokemon have been recieved. neutral

Personally I'm just waiting for an actually usable poison type, or maybe something different from the Grass/Fire/Water starter theme.
The only usable poison that exists right now would be Tentacruel. But even then, the fact that there are now physical psychic attacks ruined this streak.

The type combination I most want is a fire/ water pokemon.  

pathetic_negi_magician

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:22 pm
Tentacruel is a pretty solid OU...

And in BL Venasaur is the most used - used over even Cresselia in the tier. But yes, poison is a pretty weak type.

Personally I'd like the following:

- No stealth rocks or a nerf to it.
- A way to beat steel/dragon types without causing an metagame circle jerk of steel beats dragon and something else beating steel.
- A move that raises both special attack and speed  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:23 pm
nitnit
- No stealth rocks or a nerf to it.
Definitely. Perfectly good Pokemon are useless because of it. Even if it was just a few Pokemon with an auto-Rapid Spin on switch-in as their ability, that'd make it much better. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), that'd wreck stall teams too.

nitnit
- A way to beat steel/dragon types without causing an metagame circle jerk of steel beats dragon and something else beating steel.
I'll assume you mean separately and not a Steel/Dragon type Pokemon... which would probably instantly become uber. Oh wait, Dialga.
Anyway... it's not really the Dragon/Steel types by themselves as much as the type combos they gave them... Steel/Psychic and Steel/Bug mostly, I think. Steel/Bug wouldn't be as bad if Stealth Rock didn't scare away all the good but Rock-weak Fire-types. Oh, and Yache Berry for Dragons.

nitnit
- A move that raises both special attack and speed
Sure would be nice. Not having to rely on having both Agility and Nasty Plot on the same set, or using a Baton Passer, or both, would be good for special users in the metagame.

darkslasherX
You have too much free time on your hands.
Yes I do. And I'm not sure why I'm talking to myself.  

darkslasherX
Crew

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:38 pm
Roserade, Gengar, Crobat, Weezing, and Toxicroak laugh at all of you. But yeah, it's a terribly weak mono-type. Doesnt mean Weezing and Muk are useless though.

Could you imagine azelf or heatran with a +spd +sp atk move?

That might break a few pokemon.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:19 pm
Darkslasher - Yes, I'm referring more to another "steel trapper" that isn't magnezone. And something that can beat dragons reliably other than mamoswine revenge killing. It's kind of a hard thing to explain, but if you play a lot of shoddy competitively, you'll notice that dragons/steels are extremely OU.

JONNNN- imagine gyarados or salamence with a +speed +atk move? Oh wait.  

nitnit
Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:16 pm
So? Lets hope they learn from their mistakes instead of introduce a new broken concept. Depends on the pokemon they decide to give it to though.

Lets not make this a Blazblue style "everything is balanced because everything is broken" deal.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff