Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Check these guns out. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Variola Major

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:46 am
I made guns for my military RP guild. Opinions?

Handguns:

User Image

Mark 2
Calibre: 9x23mm (Note that this is longer than the standard 9mm. I want a more hitting power, but I don't want a round like the 10mm that's too powerful to handle.)
Firing modes: Semi-automatic
Features: 17 round magazine, detachable accessory rail fitting torch or laser sight, provision to mount a suppressor

Submachine guns:

User Image

Mark 9
Calibre: 9x23mm
Firing modes: Semi-automatic, three round burst, fully automatic
Features: 30 round magazine, adjustable stock, sight rail, provision to mount a suppressor

Shotguns:

User Image

Mark 10
Gauge: 12
Features: 8 round tubular magazine, sight rails fitting holo sight or reflex sight, accessory rails fitting torch or laser sight

Assault Rifles:

User Image

Mark 13
Calibre: 6.5x48mm
Firing Modes: Semi-automatic, three round burst, fully automatic
Features: 30 round magazine, sight rails fitting holo sight; reflex sight; or telescopic sight, accessory rails fitting torch; laser sight; foregrip; bipod; or grenade launcher, provision to mount a suppressor

Designated Marksman Rifles:

User Image

Mark 13 DMR
Firing Modes: Semi-automatic, three round burst
Features: 30 round magazine, high parts commonality with Mark 13 assault rifle, sight rails fitting telescopic sight, bipod, provision to mount a suppressor

Light Support Weapons:

User Image

Mark 13 LSW
Firing Modes: Semi-automatic, three round burst, fully automatic
Features: 100 round drum magazine, ability to accept the standard 30 round assault rifle magazine, high parts commonality with Mark 13 assault rifle, sight rails fitting holo sight or reflex sight, bipod and foregrip, heavy quick change barrel, provision to mount a suppressor

Sniper Rifles:

User Image

Mark 16
Calibre: 8x56mm
Firing modes: Bolt action
Features: 10 round magazine, sight rail mounting telescopic sight, bipod, provision to mount a suppressor

User Image

Mark 17
Calibre: 8x56mm
Features: 20 round magazine, sight rail mounting telescopic sight, bipod, provision to mount a suppressor

Light Machine Guns:

User Image

Mark 21
Firing modes: Fully automatic
Features: 200 round linked ammunition belt with storage box, sight rail fitting holo sight or reflex sight, bipod and foregrip, heavy quick change barrel

The reason my LSW and LMG both mount a bipod and a foregrip at the same time is so that the bipod can be used for stationary fire and the foregrip used when firing while moving.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:26 pm
Well I've never heard of 9x23mm before but google says it exists. According to this a 20 round box costs $32 plus shipping. That's over $1.50 a round. With an SMG that fires 600 rounds a minute that's not very economical. .40 S&W is more popular. It's like 10mm but not as powerful. According to this a box of 50 rounds costs $18 plus shipping. There are also bigger cases so you can buy in bulk. Then again since this is just for an RP economics probably don't matter to you. For an SMG 9mm parabellum will probably get the job done.

Since you're going with an automatic shotgun anyway you might as well go with a shotgun with a detachable box or drum magazine like the Saiga 12 or the USAS 12. In the heat of battle I don't think you want to reload one shell at a time. Then again in RP you can be a sniper with a shotgun and the enemy can't hit the broad side of a barn with a nuke. (i'm poking fun at military RP in general rather than at you personally since that is the gun noobery I've seen).

I'm not certain what the economics run for 6.5mm rifle rounds. I know they are supposed to compromise all the good and bad points of 5.56 and 7.62 but by bumping up the bad parts and dragging down the good parts it seems like it might be all around mediocre. Then again I don't know a whole lot about ballistics. Once again with this being for RP I'm not sure how much realism really matters. Considering you don't want .50 deagles and nuke launchers I assume you want some degree of realism.

The sniper rifle I don't have much to say about. I assume you mean the Mauser round right? The only other one I see for 8mm is 8x50.

As for the light machine gun well same thing I said earlier about the ammo.

Aside from all of that just Mark # is kinda boring. I can see naming some guns Mark whatever number but try giving the others some other kind of name.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Variola Major

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:44 pm
I made up all the rounds myself. I didn't know the 9x23mm and 8x56mm (it was made for one obscure model of one gun 100 years ago) existed until Fresnel told me. I'm not worried about real world bullet prices, as pretty much any round can realistically be produced cheaply if it is in demand. With these rounds being standard issue, they are in demand, so I can realistically say they are in mass production and so not overly expensive.

You have a good idea with the shotgun. I'll get on it.

The 6.5mm is something I devised to bridge the gap between 5.56 and 7.62. The 9mm is suppossed to be a pistol round using the metric system (That's why I don't use .40 cal. I want all ordinance, spare parts, distance measurements, and whatnot done on the metric system.) more powerful than standard 9mm, but not a monster like the 10mm (Fresnel tells me a lot of shooters just can't handle it). Basially, the 9mm is meant to approximate the .40 cal. The 8x56mm is something I thought up for sniper rifles and general purpose machine gun. I wanted a nice big round that's more devastating than 7.62 NATO for people who fire larger weapons from a fixed position to use.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:05 pm
Why bother with the obscure 9x23mm? To me it kind of sounds like you want to just say "look at me I know so much about guns". Also for there to be competition for lower prices there has to be enough of a demand. If this is supposed to be like a mercenary unit of say a dozen guys that's not going to get all the ammo companies to crank out the 9x23. 9mm is actually closer to being .36 if I remember my conversions. .40S&W is meant to give more hitting power than the 9mm while giving better capacity than .45 just like the 6.5mm is meant to bridge the differences between 5.56 and 7.62. Speaking of the 6.5mm it does exist so it's not something you "just devised".

Don't forget to work on the names while you're at it.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Variola Major

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:30 pm
We're a military force with a strength of about 1.5 million. As for why to bother with the obscure 9x23, I didn't know there was such around until I shared my ideas with Fresnel and he told me about it. As for 6.5, again, that's pretty obscure, and I didn't know of it until I looked it up just now. I was just going for what sounded good. Then again, you can find a real round for most stuff you think up, methinks.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:57 pm
You never mentioned a full sized army. You get a full sized army and yeah that will create enough of a demand for the 9x23. That being said is there really any reason the .40S&W isn't good enough or do you just want to use a round that isn't popular for the sake of using a round that isn't popular?  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Maddness91

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:01 pm
yeah if a mil. force of 1.15M is useing a new round, guaranteed it can get a mil contract at a cheap price xp

u should maybe consider one of ur snipers haveing 12.7x54? (.50 cal) depends on what ur doing in ur rp tho... if theres cars and such that need stopping xp  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:03 pm
Maddness91
yeah if a mil. force of 1.15M is useing a new round, guaranteed it can get a mil contract at a cheap price xp
Yeah no kidding then all the ammo manufacturers would want in on that action. I can't help but think that an already decently priced round with that kind of contract might still be cheaper. Then again as said before this is an RP so you don't really need economics unless you want a lot of realism.  

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

Variola Major

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:19 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
You never mentioned a full sized army. You get a full sized army and yeah that will create enough of a demand for the 9x23. That being said is there really any reason the .40S&W isn't good enough or do you just want to use a round that isn't popular for the sake of using a round that isn't popular?
I wanted to use all metric measurements. .40 is imperial. I know it's weird, but I'm obsessed with using one system for everything. I'd rather go all metric or all imperial than use both. It's just the way I am.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:20 pm
They're all generic, but that's okay. I made some firearms for my RP Guild using the same program, and they all look like IRL guns. Better to be generic and functional, then be creative and get something like this:

User Image

Or this:
User Image

Top one's supposed to be a sniper rifle, bottom's a shotgun. I still haven't figured out how the hell you hold these.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Variola Major

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:20 pm
Maddness91
u should maybe consider one of ur snipers haveing 12.7x54? (.50 cal) depends on what ur doing in ur rp tho... if theres cars and such that need stopping xp
You mean an anti-materiel rifle? I'll make one later. Doesn't Pimp My Gun Beta (I prefer the original by a long shot) have parts for the light 50?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:22 pm
Requiem in Mortis
They're all generic, but that's okay. I made some firearms for my RP Guild using the same program, and they all look like IRL guns. Better to be generic and functional, then be creative and get something like this:

User Image

Or this:
User Image

Top one's supposed to be a sniper rifle, bottom's a shotgun. I still haven't figured out how the hell you hold these.
The shotgun looks like a rocket launcher XD.  

Variola Major

Das Rabble Rouser

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:25 pm
Requiem: The bottom one is used like a bazooka.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:27 pm
Das Rabble Rouser
Requiem: The bottom one is used like a bazooka.
Bazookas have a pistol grip and a foregrip.

This is how a bazooka is used.  

Variola Major

Variola Major

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:30 pm
Requiem in Mortis

User Image

Or this:
User Image

I looked over the rest of Barron's stuff. I can't figure out how to use 90% of it, but the designs do look cool, if totally unrealistic.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff