Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
What are some of your thoughts about the "Eclipse" trailer? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Charleene

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:06 pm
I thought it wasn't as good as the other two.
I was expecting more action. Oh well. gonk

If you haven't seen it, click here 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:39 pm
I agree that there wasn't enough action. I think they're relying too much on the huge fanbase and the fact that so many people already know what it is and will come to see it no matter what. If I had no idea what Twilight was, that trailer would not have been interesting enough to make me want to see the whole movie.

Then again, a part of me is glad that there aren't as many spoilers in the trailer as there were for NM, where none of the fight sequences were surprises because we'd seen most of them already.

Random thoughts:

-What is that bright yellow and orange thing on the bed between Edward and Bella? When I first saw it, I thought it was a box of Cocoa Puffs for some reason. xd I paused the video on that part, but still can't figure out what it is.

-It seems like they toned down the contact lenses a little bit, which I don't like. Having the brighter contact lenses (for both the good and bad vampires) really gave the vampires an inhuman aura in NM, imo, and I thought that was one of the improvements over Twilight. But it looks like they toned them down again for Eclipse. sad

-The special effects with Victoria jumping over the river looked good, so at least it looks like the quality of the special effects isn't reverting back to that of Twilight.

-Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Kristen Stewart's acting has improved at all. Not that I really thought it would, but...Gah! I just want to reach through the screen and strangle her and scream, "Do something! Anything besides just standing there staring!" Really, almost anything would be an improvement. gonk

-For some reason, the Volturi didn't seem that scary. Actually, I thought they looked kind of stupid, but I can't place my finger on why. *shrug*

What do you guys think?  

Glitterbean

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:09 pm
I didn't think they looked scary in New Moon. What do people think about the fact that we're going to have a different Victoria in Eclipse?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:59 am
I thought they looked scary in New Moon (I mean, not scary as in I was sitting in the theater genuinely freaked out, but scary as in you could tell they were supposed to be scary. If that makes sense). I think what I don't like about them in the Eclipse trailer is their cloaks - some of them are too short and look more like raincoats than cloaks. Who's afraid of a vampire in a raincoat?

I haven't decided yet how I feel about the new Victoria. After Twilight, I really didn't care that they were replacing her. But after New Moon, I was sad to see her go (which is weird because she didn't actually have any lines in NM). Maybe it was the different hair and contact lenses that made me like her better in NM. Anyway, I haven't seen enough of the new actress to decide whether I like her or not.

How about you guys?  

Glitterbean

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:04 am
Probably the same. I didn't care for her in Twilight but they made her look more like the book description in New Moon. What do all of you guys think about the fact that there's been a different director for each movie?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:47 am
I liked whoever directed New Moon, I honestly liked NM waaaayyyy better than Twilight. =/
The romance factor was toned down a bit in NM which I liked.

I can only hope Eclipse is as good as NM.
I've grown to like the movies way better than the books now a days.
I think after reading the books just once it's totally lost all it's wow factor for me... so instead I sit and drool over Lautner's hot bod. while watching the movies.
XD
I hope the fight sequence is good in Eclipse though, as the whole thing was "intense" in the book.  

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:54 pm
Yeah, imo, Victoria didn't look the way she was described in the book in Twilight. NM was a huge improvement.

To be honest, I like the job that both directors have done so far. And I think the director of Eclipse has had lots of experience making dark, scary movies, so hopefully he'll bring a lot of intensity to this movie.

The only bad thing I can think of with the directors is that they need to push Kristen more. I mean, if I were a director and my main actress just stood around looking like a stoned zombie all the time, I would be pushing her to do something. And if she couldn't deliver (as Kristen Stewart can't), I'd fire her. I suppose I can't blame them too much, though. The director can only do so much, and if the actors can't step it up, the directors don't have much to work with. Sigh. I know I sound like a broken record always complaining about Kristen's (lack of) acting, but honestly, if they could just get someone who could act, the movies would be 99999999999999x better. crying (On a sort-of-related note, I heard Joan Jett was really tearing into her on the set of The Runaways, telling her she just wasn't doing anything and needed to step it up. If this is true, I'm glad someone had the guts to tell her. She's had it coming for a long time now.)

@Mitsubachi - Lol, isn't it great that Taylor's 18 now? Now I don't have to feel guilty drooling over him. xd And yes, I've heard that the fight sequence is very intense. We'll actually get to see the fight between the rest of the Cullens and the newborns! I have high hopes for that part.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:07 pm
aha, he's 18 now???? WOO! I mean... lol
But yeah, no more guilty feeling of drooling over him.

I want to see the Runaways but even the trailer and stuff I'm just like... Kristen doesn't seem to be very in tune with her character at all and I mean for such a movie, you really should step it up.
I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt with Twilight cause I really don't feel like Bella's personality is much. (I've heard the arguments on her character, I understand but even at 17 or 18 or whatever her age is again lol, I was full of life, even with my break up I went through, and trust me it was gruesome and I really did want to die, I was still more... interesting than her.) But seeing other movies with her in it, I'm beginning to realize that she's not good at all. =/ She definitely lacks in the acting department.  

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:47 pm
Yeah she acts the exact same in Twilight and New Moon as she did in Catch that Kid. So how the heck she landed a leading role is beyond me. I bet Stephanie had something to do with it since Kristin looks like the description of Bella. I would so fire her and get a new Bella. Actually I would replace both Edward and Bella because I feel that other people could do a better job Than Robert and Kristin.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:44 pm
_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_
aha, he's 18 now???? WOO! I mean... lol.

Lol, my feelings exactly! blaugh

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_
I want to see the Runaways but even the trailer and stuff I'm just like... Kristen doesn't seem to be very in tune with her character at all and I mean for such a movie, you really should step it up.
I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt with Twilight cause I really don't feel like Bella's personality is much. (I've heard the arguments on her character, I understand but even at 17 or 18 or whatever her age is again lol, I was full of life, even with my break up I went through, and trust me it was gruesome and I really did want to die, I was still more... interesting than her.) But seeing other movies with her in it, I'm beginning to realize that she's not good at all. =/ She definitely lacks in the acting department.

Yeah, I was a little surprised that her acting doesn't seem better for The Runaways. It seems like she strives to be unconventional for the sake of being unconventional, so I thought that maybe she would be able to relate to a rebellious person like Joan Jett. But she just can't act, and it looks like she doesn't even try (which may be a bigger problem than lack of talent, imo). It always looks like she doesn't care. And I agree with the argument about Bella's character. Furthermore, even people who don't have much of a personality at least show emotions, and Kristen fails to do even that. (Has anyone seen the trailer for her other new movie, The Yellow Handkerchief? She has this horrible Southern accent (by "horrible" I mean you can tell it's totally fake), and again, just stands around looking like a zombie.) The killer thing is, you know she's getting all these new starring roles because Twilight has made her so popular, when in reality, her performance in Twilight is horrible.

@Queen-of-the-Rogue: I'm not sure that Stephenie had a role in casting Kristen. On her website, she has a big list of people she wanted to play Bella, and they all seem like decent choices. In other words, I think Stephenie can recognize who can and can't act. I think Summit just grossly underestimated how popular Twilight would be, so they didn't think it would be worth it to pay for someone who actually could act. As for Robert, I would be open to replacing him, but at least he shows some emotion, unlike Kristen.  

Glitterbean

sakuragirl13me

8,950 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:39 pm
I kinda liked the Trailer but it could have had more info I liked this better it had more action and more info.Click Here to see.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:45 pm
Glitterbean

@Queen-of-the-Rogue: I'm not sure that Stephenie had a role in casting Kristen. On her website, she has a big list of people she wanted to play Bella, and they all seem like decent choices. In other words, I think Stephenie can recognize who can and can't act. I think Summit just grossly underestimated how popular Twilight would be, so they didn't think it would be worth it to pay for someone who actually could act. As for Robert, I would be open to replacing him, but at least he shows some emotion, unlike Kristen.

True but neither of them do very well in public. Not to mention we actually see Bella get hyped up over Nessie and I don't think Kristin can pull that off. Even her worried voice is rather monotone and she just stares. She shouldn't have been Bella. I can see Rob slightly but I still say neither of them should have been cast.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Glitterbean

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:37 pm
Queen-of-the-Rogue
True but neither of them do very well in public. Not to mention we actually see Bella get hyped up over Nessie and I don't think Kristin can pull that off. Even her worried voice is rather monotone and she just stares. She shouldn't have been Bella. I can see Rob slightly but I still say neither of them should have been cast.

I agree with you there. I'm so tired of seeing them win awards like "most stylish" and "best dressed" and "most good-looking" and all that. Please. Kristen usually goes out in junky shoes and clothes, and Rob also almost always looks sloppy and unkempt. The people giving these awards never would have even considered them if it weren't for Twilight, and they definitely don't deserve them.

Kristen can't pull off emotion, period. I agree, she always speaks in monotone and mostly just stares. Occasionally she'll shift her eyes around or do a lot of blinking, but that's about it. She never should have been cast.

Rob, I'm more up in the air about. Sometimes his acting looks a little forced/fake, imo, but it's hard to picture how anyone could do it differently and still have it work. Out of curiosity, do you have any actors in mind that you would like to replace Rob?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:44 pm
Overall I liked it. I thought it was pretty cool. Not much action, but I kinda like that because it'll keep me guessing. I think I saw too much for NM and Twilight so I'm just going to surprise myself for Eclipse (which is my favorite book) biggrin  

Aqua Anjel

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:58 pm
Glitterbean
Queen-of-the-Rogue

I agree with you there. I'm so tired of seeing them win awards like "most stylish" and "best dressed" and "most good-looking" and all that. Please. Kristen usually goes out in junky shoes and clothes, and Rob also almost always looks sloppy and unkempt. The people giving these awards never would have even considered them if it weren't for Twilight, and they definitely don't deserve them.

Kristen can't pull off emotion, period. I agree, she always speaks in monotone and mostly just stares. Occasionally she'll shift her eyes around or do a lot of blinking, but that's about it. She never should have been cast.

Rob, I'm more up in the air about. Sometimes his acting looks a little forced/fake, imo, but it's hard to picture how anyone could do it differently and still have it work. Out of curiosity, do you have any actors in mind that you would like to replace Rob?

My mom says that if they had known how big Twilight was going to be Kristin probably wouldn't have gotten the role. She also says that people love Taylor so much is because he's a people person and does well in the limelight while Kristin and Rob can't. I agree they shouldn't get awards like that. My mom thinks they might have to get a new Jessica because our current one got an Oscar. I pointed out about Dakota but she said Dakota doesn't count because she had really wanted to be in New Moon and was lobbying for the role of Jane.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff