Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Glitches Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FateNotDenial

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:35 pm
What's been the worst/most traumatic/ funniest glitch that has affected your Sims(2) playing experience?

For me a humerous glitch is transparency. My computer loves to keep people tranparent after they leave their dorm rooms. It doesn't want to fade them back in. And then because they are transparent, if they walk at just the right angle infront of someone else, they morph together. It's bizarre looking.

The most traumatic of glitches was when my computer decided that it's graphic card wasn't good enough. I would play the sims, and within the first hour, things would start to go white and cubed. It would begin with me clicking somewhere for a command, and then clicking somewhere else, but the first head wouldn't disappear. I could fill up the entire screen with heads, but if I tried to move the camera everything would go all epilepsy style on me and keep flashing from white to rainbow... it really hurt my eyes. Luckily we got a graphics card update and the glitch stopped. The sad thing is, this kept me from playing Sims2 for the first three months I had it! crying  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:40 pm
eek You poor, poor child! How did you survive?!  

Greenzally

tokkitoria

Brainy Bunny

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:00 pm
eek  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:29 am
My mom had her whole neighborhood vanish on her. The houses and furniture was still there, but everyone was gone. I told her that they moved out on her. blaugh

My mom's experienced an upsidedown/incorrect picture for the person's icon at the bottom left in gameplay.

We've had so many glitches: bubbles eminating from sim's butts because they got out of the bubble bath. The guitar still plays when they aren't using it. A sim's arm will be raised and it won't go back down for a while (they do all their processes, bed, bath, food, hugging, etc, with that arm raised, lol)...

It's been pretty funny.  

Lady Kaibi Tsukushino

silverwolfie208

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:01 am
i haven't had very bad glitches....there was this freaky one that i got once though... i used boolprop cheats to get this machine and there was this button that let me pick who she would have her baby with and during her pregnency her face turned blue...well..it was as if she had no head..and had a blue blob...mask floating in front where her head should have been... somtimes when she walked the "mask" would freeze in the air and she'd walk on without it appearing to not have a head >.<  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:29 pm
Kaibi_Tsukushino
My mom had her whole neighborhood vanish on her. The houses and furniture was still there, but everyone was gone. I told her that they moved out on her. blaugh

My mom's experienced an upsidedown/incorrect picture for the person's icon at the bottom left in gameplay.

We've had so many glitches: bubbles eminating from sim's butts because they got out of the bubble bath. The guitar still plays when they aren't using it. A sim's arm will be raised and it won't go back down for a while (they do all their processes, bed, bath, food, hugging, etc, with that arm raised, lol)...

It's been pretty funny.

The arm staying up happens to me a lot but usually its after they've had something to drink and it just stays that way even after they put the drink down.

One time one of my child sims didn't have a face for a day or two, where a face should've been on her there was like a rainbow thing going on.  

Lady Vina

de.Lici.ous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:08 am
Kaibi_Tsukushino
My mom had her whole neighborhood vanish on her. The houses and furniture was still there, but everyone was gone. I told her that they moved out on her.

That happened to a few of my houses stare

Also, I don't know if this has happened to anyone else, but it's friggin' annoying:

The bloody post girl won't leave my mailbox! Hence I never get my mail, hence the Repoman constantly steals stuff from my house because I haven't paid my bills! My sims have all these bad memories now of the Repoman constantly coming stare Stupid postie girl.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:19 am
Oh, and I don't know if it's a glitch or not, but one of my sims was talking to a new born baby on their computer :O Pretty crazy.  

de.Lici.ous

Mystery Lady09

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:56 am
I've had my toddlers going on the potty and the censors wouldn't go off even when they got of the potty. Also, there was this time when my sim walked into another sim and they were just standing there as one sim. It was like it was transparent. I'm like, huh, where'd my sim go? I had to instruct my sim "go here".  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:14 pm
Lici.Rocker
Oh, and I don't know if it's a glitch or not, but one of my sims was talking to a new born baby on their computer :O Pretty crazy.

yeah they fixed that one with the most recent patch.

i've had the "broken arm bug" on a couple of my sims too... but yeah, it's pretty common from what i hear. The most traumatic glich I've experienced was due to my mishandling of the moveObjects cheat. I accidentally got my toddler stuck inside a toaster oven (actually he was comepletely gone but his needs were still diminishing)... it's a really long story, but the morale of the story is to be VERY careful when moving sims using that cheat. I ended up having to move the whole family out and back in again to get him to reappear (and to keep the CPS from trying to get him cause his needs were so low!) It was very traumatic cause it was my Legacy Household! gonk  

amandapace7

kara_neko

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:50 pm
lmao i have a good one for you.

when i put a sim in the pool,
and tell them to turn off/on the stereo player,
they will literally jump out of water,
stand on it,
switch the stereo on/off,
and plop back in the water.

all in the same spot

since when do humans walk on water, eh?
sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:21 pm
i had a similar experience... while mom was drowning and the reaper was hovering over the water, the son who was also in the water kept popping up like that to play his hand held. I was like eek dude! I have jesus and the grim reaper in the same shot here. except somehow i don't think jesus would be standing to the side playing game boys while you DIE! rofl  

amandapace7

julia_chynna

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:03 am
My glitches aren't really that bad. Like floating stuff... the normal stuff. But my aunt told me that she has encountered a glitch that all of the memories of her sims got erased and she had to make them bond again and buy another house... scary, i know.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:58 am
My only glitch that annoys me so far is the Zzz sign that they get while sleeping, get carried away when they was awake.

I love to take pictures, so this bug really makes me mad! Even at a sim wedding, she has the Zzz sign.  

SirEmino
Captain

Spermatize

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:07 am
My worst glitch was when all my kids became
completly white with writing all over them
It was kinda scary
I had to uninstall my game then reinstall it  
The Sims Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff