Reply Buying and Advice
AK-47 folder Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:23 pm
Well, I'm pretty settled on trying to get an AK when the gun show happens in November. I really don't know why I want it, seeing as how I have to drive a ways to find a county I can shoot it in. I just want it for a SHTF / showoff gun and don't know how much longer I can buy an EBR where I am with the dumbass politicians. I only have a few questions so far. First, how would I check for a canted gas block? Is it something I can easily do? Also, is there anything else to look for? (I already know about the front sight too.) How accurate is the AK really? I don't need or expect sub MOA, but I would like to hit the broad side of a barn. Finally, does the AK really live up to its reputation for reliability? This is paramount if this is going to be a SHTF rifle.

Any help is appreciated.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:40 pm
I've heard the AK-47 is a little bit less accurate than minute-of-pie-plate at 100 yards. T'wasn't built for any kind of real range, really.

Have you considered an SKS? You could shoot one of those "full auto" with a simple rig, and they're a bit more accurate than AK's.  

Mr Savoy

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:13 pm
Mr Savoy
I've heard the AK-47 is a little bit less accurate than minute-of-pie-plate at 100 yards. T'wasn't built for any kind of real range, really.

Have you considered an SKS? You could shoot one of those "full auto" with a simple rig, and they're a bit more accurate than AK's.

I really thought of the SKS, but my mind is already made up. If I want an SKS a few years down the road, I know it will be available and not as banhammer prone.

Were you talking about this?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:35 pm
Man of the Demoneye
Mr Savoy

I really thought of the SKS, but my mind is already made up. If I want an SKS a few years down the road, I know it will be available and not as banhammer prone.

*Pic*
Yep. Can't do that when your gun has a pistol grip.

I really don't understand the appeal of AK's. Sure, they're reliable. But what gun isn't these days? EDIT: Well, actually, I would absolutely LOVE a selective-fire AK-47.  

Mr Savoy

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:43 am
Mr Savoy
Man of the Demoneye
Mr Savoy

*Pic*
Yep. Can't do that when your gun has a pistol grip.

I really don't understand the appeal of AK's. Sure, they're reliable. But what gun isn't these days? EDIT: Well, actually, I would absolutely LOVE a selective-fire AK-47.

I'm mostly getting it for the fact that it is an AK and they look cool and feel cool. Ideally, I will find one with wood grips and paint it gold for the lulz.

Like so, but cheaper:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:36 pm
very specifically one of these built by the same local guy.
http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6122/cannon105.jpg

EDIT: sorry about the size, I have no clue how to resize a picture on here. xp

Edit 2: On better judgement, I'll just give you the link.  

Man of the Demoneye

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:06 pm
Though nobody else seems to give a s**t, I still post as a sort of personal log throughout this epic journey.

I went to the shop where they were made and got to kinda see them being made. I also got to hold a few of them just to get the feel. I found that the underfolding stock was sort of a pain in the a** and didn't agree with my face. The side folder on the other hand was exactly what I wanted. If anyone wanted a description, here goes... It had a light color wood pistol grip with a matching foregrip. The gas tube appeared to be uncovered and exposed. It has a muzzle brake. It was beautiful, and I would not dream of painting it. The shop was on the small side, but quality was amazing. The guys there were also extremely helpful. I think we has a winrar! Now all I have to do is save up the cash.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:41 pm
Why a folding stock?  

uryu ishida

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:49 am
uryu ishida
Why a folding stock?

I mostly want one to save space during transport. I also want to be able to fold it up and shoot it like that. Plus I like the look of it. The solid wood one I tried fit the best, as expected, but I will have no problems with the folder given practice.

This EXACTLY:

Hungarian AMD-65  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:01 am
Man of the Demoneye
uryu ishida
Why a folding stock?

I mostly want one to save space during transport. I also want to be able to fold it up and shoot it like that. Plus I like the look of it. The solid wood one I tried fit the best, as expected, but I will have no problems with the folder given practice.

This EXACTLY:

Hungarian AMD-65
It doesn't really save that much space, unless you just HAVE to fit it in the tiniest possible place.
Why the hell you would want to shoot a PGO AK, especially with an extra chunk of metal on the side? I've tried it with an underfolder WASR-10 and it was extremely uncomfortable and damn impossible to hit anything. And then to add, the wire stock (on both side and under-folders) prevents you from getting a proper cheek wield, yet alone a comfortable one.

HA! The forward grip is the normal grip turned backwards!  

uryu ishida

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:26 am
Man of the Demoneye
uryu ishida
Why a folding stock?

This EXACTLY:

Hungarian AMD-65

Folding Stock AKs

Even operators sometimes want to unleash their inner ******

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:00 pm
uryu ishida
Man of the Demoneye
uryu ishida
Why a folding stock?

This EXACTLY:

Hungarian AMD-65
It doesn't really save that much space, unless you just HAVE to fit it in the tiniest possible place.
Why the hell you would want to shoot a PGO AK, especially with an extra chunk of metal on the side? I've tried it with an underfolder WASR-10 and it was extremely uncomfortable and damn impossible to hit anything. And then to add, the wire stock (on both side and under-folders) prevents you from getting a proper cheek wield, yet alone a comfortable one.

HA! The forward grip is the normal grip turned backwards!

Yeah, I agree 100% with what you said about the underfolders being uncomfortable as hell. I don't know, it just works for me, that's all there is to it.

Sgt Buckner
Folding Stock AKs
Even operators sometimes want to unleash their inner ******

I lol'd. You got me, that's totally it. xd  

Man of the Demoneye

Mr Savoy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:46 pm
Man of the Demoneye
uryu ishida
Why a folding stock?

This EXACTLY:

Hungarian AMD-65
It looks neat for an AK, (can't say I like the wire stock) but I just don't see the appeal.

They aren't cheap like they were meant to be, they aren't automatic like they were meant to be, pretty much *any* good rifle is plenty reliable, and, to top it all off, you can't hit the broad side of a barn with one at 500+ yards. For someone working towards revolutionizing their government through means of force, the (automatic) AK-47 is an extremely good weapon. But... I just can't think of any other good use for one.

Now, if I had the chance to buy an automatic AK...

I'd dip into my college fund. But I don't see the point of a semi-auto. >.>  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:31 am
Mr Savoy
Man of the Demoneye
uryu ishida
Why a folding stock?

This EXACTLY:

Hungarian AMD-65
It looks neat for an AK, (can't say I like the wire stock) but I just don't see the appeal.

They aren't cheap like they were meant to be, they aren't automatic like they were meant to be, pretty much *any* good rifle is plenty reliable, and, to top it all off, you can't hit the broad side of a barn with one at 500+ yards. For someone working towards revolutionizing their government through means of force, the (automatic) AK-47 is an extremely good weapon. But... I just can't think of any other good use for one.

Now, if I had the chance to buy an automatic AK...

I'd dip into my college fund. But I don't see the point of a semi-auto. >.>

Well, If I have anything it's time and options. Full auto is amazingly easy to get. It's affording it that's the problem.  

Man of the Demoneye

Hans Reiker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:17 am
Where I'm at, a place sells the AMD's for $350 every once in a while.  
Buying and Advice

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff