Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
From a Concerned Guild Captain..[update] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandora Riddlebox

Questionable Giver

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:43 am
Edit:
This gets me pissed:
wesden

Noo, guild announcements and profile comments will be part of notices (as they are currently). We'd like to have users go to My Gaia as a hub for activity, and given the user experiences were so disparate previously (each header link doing something different) the user experience is much more predictable and centralized around My Gaia. Requests are unique, in that they do solicit an action/response from the user, so they are called out separately as "requests".

---
The notices thing.... just took the guild announcements and got used like yesterday's garbage (sort to speak)

Guild announcements are now notices. What notices do? Make you miss the guild announcement. The Guild Announcement should be separated from the notices because not many people will get to them because it be cluttered in with the other bullshit of a notice.

So- that nifty little update you got there, just got tossed away.
Separate the Guild Announcements from the Notices...immediately. evil  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:45 am
I concur with this, I missed one from this guild today.

Gaia either needs to make them separate from the notices or make them part of it.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:04 pm
not their best idea. i hate getting a notice every few minutes so i just click it just to make it go away and dont really read what the notices are about anymore and im sure im not the only one  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:20 am
I agree- and I didn't even get a notice when the guild mule sent out the announcement- good thing I knew what it was- since I had control of the guild mule at the time  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

gecloud

Dangerous Prophet

9,175 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:05 pm
wow i missed a few announcements i just went back after reading this thread to look. it might explain why one of my captains were mad at me.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:02 pm
I didnt notice this but now im irritated that they are just treated like unimportant announcements.

Wonder how long it will take to fix this. rolleyes  

Kittymeeow

Anxious Cupcake

welian

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:16 pm
YES. Please, please, fix this! I can't stand guild announcements being lumped under "Notice" notifications.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:35 am
we recently got an update and still got nothing on guild announcements... indeed I have a thread in the site feedback and I keep the thread on the front page so it get noticed. Obviously... 7 pages later no Dev Reply..  

Pandora Riddlebox

Questionable Giver

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:16 pm
can you post a link to the thread?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:48 am
Sadly even with the new 'updates' (aka a sticking plaster over a gaping wound) Gaia doesn't much care about the guilds, I wonder if they're trying to make us move away from them ...  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:57 am
well the guilds dont bring in money for them so im sure they dont care about them as much as the rest of the site.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:07 am
I agree with everyone! I don't like the Guild Announcements being mixed in with all the other Notices. The notices aren't all that bad on their own. But when you add the Guild Announcements in then it's hard to get 'em. Progress is good. But ruining perfectly good announcements by making 'em get missed, that gets annoying. The only reason I see all of 'em is because I go through my Notices just to make sure there aren't any. And if there are then I read 'em.  

Amensu Saje

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Pandora Riddlebox

Questionable Giver

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:08 am
Shanna66
can you post a link to the thread?

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-feedback/separate-the-guild-announcements-from-notices-dev-needed/t.60328721/  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:09 am
Pilotslover
Sadly even with the new 'updates' (aka a sticking plaster over a gaping wound) Gaia doesn't much care about the guilds, I wonder if they're trying to make us move away from them ...

That is not gonna happen. I have alot of dedicated users and I do plan on keeping it that way.  

Pandora Riddlebox

Questionable Giver

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200

Pandora Riddlebox

Questionable Giver

6,550 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:13 am
A raging panda bear will be at a certain dev's front door if they don't fix this. I have a special event going on and having important message to sent but only to be cluttered is gettng very personal.  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff