Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Chatterbox
you guys ever have that epic find? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

am I a lucky s.o.b. or what?
  I hate you
  no...not really...
  ...what the HELL is a fabric WAREHOUSE!?!?!!!
View Results

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:13 pm
you know, that epic find where you get that one accessory that completes your favorite outfit or that perfect wig for the super awesome cosplay you've been working on or other such nonsense? Well, I seem to be having a lot of those as of late and though I'd share them with you! XD

Super pink fabric!
The color didn't transfer right, but this polyester fabric that has a similar look/feel to some chiffons or silks came to me at only 5 bucks a yard. So I got five yards, thinking oh, I'll make a zelda cosplay! (I went in for white suiting/wool fabric or black shreddy netting). Then I get home and poof! wrong color and I bought too much! But looking through all my games, I notice it is the SAME color that Aeris/Aerith/however you like her name wears in VII and KH. and I'd probably have enough for a Peach costume too. yay me! XD

awesome hat patterns!
I saw this pattern on sale for two bucks, and I bought it thinking, "Silabus Xth form hat!!!" and when I got home, I remembered I can make a Red Mage hat and probably Atoli/Shino hats too XD the bad thing: You need wool felt which isn't sold at the JoAnns near me or at Osgoods fabric warehouse. The good thing: an hour drive from me is a natural fiber fabric store that sells linen, homespun yarns, and woolfelt! so, anyone want me to make them a hat? XD

This other stuff is a real find, granted its not cheap @ 10 bucks a yard. (didn't stop me from buying 4.5 yards though). How many times have you seen an otherwise good black cosplay done with cheap a** shiney vynal? don't it piss you off? Well, I found this stuff! The pictures with the two different fabrics are the polyester pleather I bought and En's 100% cow leather bike jacket. It looks pretty good next to it I think!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/soramon/pleather1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/soramon/pleather2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/soramon/pvsl2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v57/soramon/pleathervsleather.jpg
(one of each was taken with the flash on.)

But I have a conundrum! I can make two things with the fabric, but I'm not sure which to do! Do I make a Organization-like/Matrix comboish Rain Trench or do I attempt a Haseo Edge Punisher/2nd form costume on the prechance my dad will come through with his promise to help me make a working chainsaw bladed broadsword?!

so, what are your best finds? From anywhere to anything!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:42 pm

$200 dollar leather jacket for 45 bucks.....that's the only thing I got...that and pristine copies of Nocturne and another old SMT game......

Endranse

8,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

fk12

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:28 pm
*3* Ah, those are so awesome!

Dunno about it being amazing, but some of the stuff I've been lucky enough to stumble across has been pretty cool.

For one of the costumes I'm working on, I need to make this fancy ascot+sailor collar sort of thing which has a really... weird color scheme. And low and behold, I found fabric that's practically perfect. So happy.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:44 pm
I don't know about cosplay, but I did find the perfect paint for flowers that I...drew. Not really epical is it?  

BreathLessX
Crew

[Dill]

14,425 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:02 pm
I found Legend of Mana for 90 dollars.

I consider this an epic find after just under 10 years of searching.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:20 pm
I've seen Legend of Mana in my town for cheaper than that, but I already have it.

I got .hack//quarantine for under 30$ used in January after looking for it a few years.  

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:05 pm
12-vie: Its always so hard to find that perfect fabric but when you do, it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, ne?

BL: Anything can be epical if you know how to spin it!!(And throw a good sparta-kick in too) >.>

Dill & Tay: Games are always such a pain to find, especially if you're looking for what seems like forever >.<; But in the end, holding it and finally playing it makes you happier than this kid!lol its the truth!

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:24 pm
My anime club had an epic find recently down in Lansing during a club trip, a used bookstore that had old anime VHS's really cheap (including some obscure and naughty ones), as well as really expensive anime art books of all sorts (untranslated).

And they had huge rare posters too. The least interesting part of the bookstore was the actual books!  

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Wing Mastery 100

[Dill]

14,425 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:04 pm
Tay Lorien
I've seen Legend of Mana in my town for cheaper than that, but I already have it.

I HAVE SO MANY NOT NICE WORDS FOR YOU.

WE CAN NEVER BE FRIENDS.  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:40 am
now, now, children, play nice! wink lol  

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 1:52 pm
[Dill]
Tay Lorien

I HAVE SO MANY NOT NICE WORDS FOR YOU.

WE CAN NEVER BE FRIENDS.

I'm sorry you had to pay so much for it, but I originally got it from my bro anyways, and it was the disk only (I prefer to have the instruction book and everything). I still beat it though. And I still like Secret of Mana better.  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:27 pm
Actual combat boots for 20 bucks. One of those cool looking black, off the shoulder, old dresses for five dollars (You know, like one of those short sleeve long ones like they'd have in Frankenstein, almost).
I have skills in finding video games and such for cheap on amazon, so yeah. There's never been anything that's been super awesome for me to find, though I've gotten some pretty awesome presents over the years.  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Endranse

8,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:02 pm

.....I just finished 'buying' a new car for about 13,800 after taxes, plates, and registration....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:42 pm
One time during school me and my friends saw a flying plastic purple bubble it was just floating around for no reason ,but everyone got disapointed because they thought it was a plastic bag. I wonder where it came from.  

Naota3

4,400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:07 am
Endranse

.....I just finished 'buying' a new car for about 13,800 after taxes, plates, and registration....

Uh, yay!  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces