Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Canadian Parliament Defence Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maddness91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:36 pm
it;s funny to watch Canadian news stories about how our parliament buildings (the Whitehouse's of Canada) are defended...

http://www.cbc.ca/video/player.html?category=News&clipid=1462741205

just a video clip clarifying a previous news report... and they have the worst picture of the gun i've ever seen in a news report xp

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2010/04/07/rcmp-parliament-submachine-guns.html#socialcomments

and then a story or 2 explaining why the changes happened

oh Canada, we know nothing outside the realm of hunting rifles sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:46 pm
I can see the reasoning for range and accuracy, but in what world does an MP5 have more firepower than a shotgun?  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

war_junky 91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:53 pm
Requiem in Mortis
I can see the reasoning for range and accuracy, but in what world does an MP5 have more firepower than a shotgun?

In the world that people see 9mm rounds being more like 12 gauge slugs. Sadly that world is reality in many uneducated minds. >.>  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:10 pm
war_junky 91
Requiem in Mortis

In the world that people see 9mm rounds being more like 12 gauge slugs. Sadly that world is reality in many uneducated minds. >.>
These are probably the same people that are all "OMG AWESOME" when they find out what an AA-12 is.

Wait, scratch that. I did that when I found out what an AA-12 is...... emo  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Maddness91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:26 pm
best line was defiantly "oh so it works like the shotgun?... yes it works exactly like the shotgun" rofl

like my only real problem with the main point of the story, is that our Canadian laws are makeing us give up the burst and full auto options... IIRC, the only public servants that get to use full auto anything is our SWAT teams and military (obviously)... that's pretty weak...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:56 am
Lol.

"Well we chose to use submachine guns to better protect our parliament, but we dumbed the guns down to semi-auto. I mean after all we don't want parliament to be too protected."

rofl

I'd take a UMP-45.  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:15 am
Requiem in Mortis
In what world is a single-shot MP5 more accurate than an area-effect shotgun?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:40 am
This is good to know.  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Hans Reiker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:01 pm
Well it will not be hard to outgun the Mounties then, will it?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:46 pm
Hans Reiker
I think it would be the height of hilarity if terrorists took the Parliament building with shotguns.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Hans Reiker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:53 pm
Fresnel
Hans Reiker
I think it would be the height of hilarity if terrorists took the Parliament building with shotguns.
It makes no sense, why issue MP5 sub-machine guns but modify them only to a semiautomatic function? It blows my mind with the stupidity of the Canadian government.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:06 am
Hans Reiker
Fresnel
Hans Reiker
It makes no sense, why issue MP5 sub-machine guns but modify them only to a semiautomatic function? It blows my mind with the stupidity of the Canadian government.
Mounties pick there own equipment. Government just pays for it.  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:49 pm
Hans Reiker
Fresnel
Hans Reiker

I could see the limit to burst, but only semi is ******** retarded, especially with a 9mm out of a ******** short barrel  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:28 pm
Sgt Buckner
especially with a 9mm out of a ******** short barrel
User Image

The barrel on an MP5 is HOW much longer than the barrel on any 9mm pistol?  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Maddness91

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:46 pm
Orkronos
Mounties pick there own equipment. Government just pays for it.
not that i know of really... yeah if ur saying the RCMP head board guys pick the equipment that all the offices have to use, and then the gov't pick up the check and gives the equipment to all the actual officers, then yeah, but the individual cops don;t get to decide between shotgun vrs. mp5 in there own vehicle  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff