Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
Is it just me, or is Gaia becoming MORE hostile to furries? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Veled

Quotable Conventioneer

8,000 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:45 pm
It shocks me because lately most of the "furry" drama across sites has gone down -- hell, the last time I was on /b/, I even found a fursuit thread.

I was mucking around in the Art Discussion / Comic Creators forum, and folks were incredibly hostile to pretty much any furry comic that dared go over there (including mine), as well as to any discussion of furries.

Seriously, wtf?  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:48 pm
idk =/ i haven't noticed cause i mostly stay in here or on the furry den.  

shishigashira

Gallant Knight

10,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Garek Maxwell

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:24 pm
If there's genuine hostility driving threads off topic and causing flaming etc, then report the offending post.

Also, do not to reply to said post and continue on as if it weren't happening. Report all continued postings by the offender until action is taken by moderators.  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 12:18 pm
It's because of trends elsewhere on Gaia for furry topics to be full of drama.

Most furry threads in Extended Discussion are either "whyyyyyyy does everybody haaaate us bawwwwww" or "what is wrong with these people." While legit conversation comes out of it, it starts out as drama, and people keep interrupting the legit convo with more drama.  

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:19 pm
Cassidy Peterson
Most furry threads in Extended Discussion are either "whyyyyyyy does everybody haaaate us bawwwwww" or "what is wrong with these people." While legit conversation comes out of it, it starts out as drama, and people keep interrupting the legit convo with more drama.

This. Also, furries are ridiculously easy to troll because so many are so. . . wangsty (see Cassidy's first example). If furries stop reacting to the trolls (and giving them a reason to troll the fandom), it will die down. Not that that'll happen.  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:40 pm
It's very true that furries are good troll bait, but it's also true that there are a lot of people out there who've moved around the internet before settling on gaia to troll at us. We may be easy marks, but there are also a lot of trolls here these days.  

I lost my notebook

Zanzibar

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:02 pm
Yeah, as others have said, just don't react to them. For some reason people take the trolls personal, and that's just what they like.

Nothing good ever comes from it :3.  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:08 pm
hmmmm.... a pity.....I enjoy being a furry....never noticed hostility.... yet....  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:15 pm
I solve the problem by not taking anything seriously.

Then again, I don't actually consider myself a furry, since I could drop the furry aspect out of everything I do and go on living the exact same life as before.  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:44 pm
Yes, it has.

That's why I don't post on the forums anymore.  

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

Nurses Aids

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:49 pm
i dont take anything anyone on gaia says seriously  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 4:57 am
After coming back from a year hiatus from Gaia, I've noticed the troll population has gone up which could be the reason for all the hostility. * shrugs* I just ignore it.  

Constance Ringwood

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:20 am
It's summer. That means most of the unwashed teenager population are spending more time on social networks clogging up the arteries with their stupidity. It happens.  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:15 am
It is mainly because Gaia is hiring trolls for mods (Not joking) so you'll most likely see some guilds being wrongly banned and or reported. =/

I wore the snow leopard skin I had along with a pair of ears and tail to towns and a ******** mod called me a furfag I mean seriously WTF!? D:<

Has gaia gone mad? Oh not to mention their the brainless type of troll who thinks anyone who likes anime or furry things is AWFUL and DISGUSTING and refuses to make ammends with anyone ever even if it ment losing his or her life if they didn't apalogize. rolleyes  

xXxZeh_Emo_FluffersxXx

2,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

shishigashira

Gallant Knight

10,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:32 am
gaia just seems to be filled with hateful ignorant morons. =/