Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info
That time of the month...during a Con? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cariella

Questionable Shopper

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:06 am
D: I think the title explains it all.

Has mother nature ever surprised you during a con? If so, how did you deal with it?

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 10:33 am
Popped a bunch of pain killers and passed out on the hotel bed for a few hours. I don't think I missed too much, it was the first day...
Anyway, yeah, painkillers are good (naproxen sodium always works for me), if you're wearing light-colored cosplay... I'd get some depends or something. XP Don't want any leakage... This is why birth control is a godsend. You can control what week you have it! If you have plans that week, just go off it the week before.  

Maruul

Forever_the_spy

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:44 pm
Keep a bag with Midol or something for pain and I suggest the larger but you can change them less night time pads. Also, a water bottle, you can seriously get dehydrated if you don't. Pocky, helps too. ( Chocolate lol)

It's happened to me before, I did the above and I warned my female friends that I might be a little grumpy due to this. They helped me a lot because if your not on the pill and they are not on the pill most likely you all get it around the same time.  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:30 am
The Pill is godly. C:

Thanks for the tips, but this was more for funny stories xD Ah well.  

Cariella

Questionable Shopper

orochimaruismine

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:21 pm
since i'm on the pill, i try to plan my monthly away from the cons, but sometimes i just cant save myself  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:41 pm
Oh, stories? Thought you were having problems and needed advice. xd
Well, I already told my only story. I guess it's a little funnier if I mention I had to lay towels over the pillow when I layed down because mom wouldn't let me dye my hair so I had spray color in it.  

Maruul

Veretix

8,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:44 pm
I've learned how to deal with mine when they come. Moon Phases (my secret term for them) are annoying. Take pain killers in the morning that will last all day, or carry a bottle of them with you. Large pads are also very helpful if you don't use the other form of protection. And let other's know, they can help and also warn them of possible mood swings.  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:36 pm
See, mine's never suprised me because EVERY TIME I plan to go on an extended vacation, I get my period. ...Even if I only had it a week prior, I kid you not.

HOWEVER, I went to a con with a friend, who, protested VEHEMENTLY that she would NOT get her period, because she takes birth control and has some bizarre bleeding of 6 months not/6 months yes. Her...bedmate, sister, and I (all female), kept trying to convince her that she was being a b***h, because she was PMSing, because she was having her period.

She kept denying it.

Sunday morning she finally took me up on my offer of pads.
:/

Not quite funny, but, you know, it's a story.  

Herr Skit

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Kairi_Kozplayr

5,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:34 pm
Well my anime convention was just a few weeks ago and I started a few hours before the rave. I wasn't the best prepared, so I used toilet paper (since none of my roommates or friends had pads or anything) and wore black skinny jeans, so if I bled through, noone would see it. Now, I bring a bag and put Midol, Asprin, water, and pads.  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:50 pm
I've had to deal with two con's where I had it during. But the last one was the worst. Because every girl, EVERY. GIRL. In our room had their's. And that was like 7 people. NEVER AGAIN.

I just did the normal, make sure I wore enough layers to not worry and had extra pad's and meds all the time. And a sufficient supply of food.  

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

Spartan1024

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:52 pm
I was supposed to get it during the weekend of the con. It was three days, and I spent the first two days being extremely cautious so as not to leak. Kind of takes away from the enjoyment of a con after a while.  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 9:20 pm
i hope I don't get mine during ax that would suck then I'd be worrying about it the whole time especially since my cycle has been wonky ever since i got sick *sigh*  

harukokun

4,750 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100

nadaniasang

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:46 pm
Unfortunately, my cycle is horribly unpredictable, and I lose enough blood to drop a horse in the first three days. As such, I've made it a staple of my con-going emergency kit to carry 2 overnight pads for each day of the week, a pack of raisin snack boxes(convenient and tasty source of iron) and a new multi pack of tampons. I also find Excedrin kills continuous pain, and gives me an energy boost to make up for the blood loss.

It also helps to have a handheld game, or a deck of cards, or something, so you can distract yourself if you start to get a bad mood swing. Plus, warn your group Some girls can be monstrous during their time, so it's better to warn people so they don't get as offended if you snap.  
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:54 pm
I've never been taken by surprise at a con (thank God), but I always come crazy over-prepared for everything, so I think I would be fine, anyway. There are always a ton of girls in our hotel room, too, so I bring enough supplies to cover myself threefold. I, for some reason, can't swallow pills, so I just have to put on a brave face if I'm hit while at a con. It's not so bad if I'm behind my Artist Alley table, though..

My first convention ever, one of my friends got taken totally by surprise, poor thing. And I was not as crazy about preparing then, so I had nothing I could share with her. Plus, by the time she found out, all the nearby stores were closed for the night. We were at the rave when she found out. She ducked into a corner for a little while, then came back with her shirt stripped off and tucked into the back of her jeans. I asked her what was going on, when she yelled, "WELL, I JUST GOT MY PERIOD, AND I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO SEE IF I BLEED THROUGH MY PANTS." ...Right as the music stopped for a song change. She left pretty quick after that. :<

Frosted Muffin Cakes

tokkitoria

Brainy Bunny

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:25 am
It hasn't before, but it might this year (damn birth control...). I guess if it happened I'd be so drugged up I wouldn't notice xD  
Convention Experiences & Running Panels/Conventions Info

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff