Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:10 pm
User Image

She was sort of on speaking terms with Zahi. But it wasn't really pleseant yet. She was horribly offended that he considered her gift to him a snack. She was a little song bird, not a snack! Thankfully the bird had taken it in stride, and decided to nest in his mane. It didn't please Zahi, but Mio knew that those who caught the bird peeking out of his mane got quite a chuckle.

She slipped away from her duties, just wanting a moment to rest and not be so proper. There was a bit of pressure for Ria to find a mate, whether she liked it or not. Ria was furious about it, certain that whatever male came around would steal what little attention her father gave her. Mio didn't like to be in the middle of her daughter's tempers, or Zahi's either. She was her father's daughter alright. Enough to give her a headache.

And so she was resting near the large lake that graced their lands, knowing that someone would walk by, as it was a popular spot, but also knowing that it probably wouldn't be any of her family.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:30 pm
User Image

Nyayo had been taking a nap, with everybody else busy and nobody really seeming to need cheering up, she didn't have anything else to occupy her time and, well, it was mostly an accident. She'd been startled out a surprisingly deep sleep by a nightmare, she hadn't even really figured out what was happening but she woke up knowing she didn't want to keep on sleeping now. So she was out for a walk, hoping to calm herself down, clear her mind and kill some time. A little too distracted by the lake as she neared it, by the time she spotted Mio it would be too apparent if she tried to openly avoid the Lady. She might not have been so nervous if she wasn't still shaken by the nightmare, she really shouldn't be, Mio was a friend of her mother, after all.

"Good afternoon, Lady Ren," she called out, though she walked to the water's edge and made sure she stayed some respectful distance away in case Mio didn't want to chat. She just didn't want to be rude, showing up so close by and not saying a word.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:38 pm
Mio wasn't surprised when she heard someone nearing the lake, but she was mildly surprised to see Nyayo. She shouldn't be, but when she had included family in her thoughts, she hadn't thought of Nia's adopted children. What a day, when she had brought the heavily pregnant lioness begging to take the children in. Mio shook her head softly, remembering the worry she felt. In the end there was no need to worry, but there was so few of them then...and there still was, but at least everyone was full without much worry.

"Li Biyu," Mio said warmly, feeling her smile grow. The brightly coloured girl was looking a little tired. "Are you alright? Would you like to talk?" Mio was always up for talk, and though she knew that she shouldn't always be so informal with everyone, she had pretty much thrown those rules out. If someone from the Central House came, she would act as needed, but otherwise it just seemed so stuffy and unnecessary. How else would she need to know exactly what was going on in her House? Though Zahi supposidly ruled, everyone knew that it was Mio who could push her weight around with her sweet smile.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:55 pm
She glanced back over when she was greeted with such warmness, it wasn't that surprising but it wasn't entirely expected. You never knew when someone was busy, yes- even by the lake! Everybody else was busy, or maybe they were tired of her. Either way, it wasn't upsetting, just boring.

"I'm fine, nothing to worry about," she said with a smile, definitely not wanting to cause any unnecessary trouble, "Just trying to keep busy, is there anything I can do for you?"  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:58 am
Hmm, everyone always offered to do this for her. Mio thought that it was so sweet to do so, but most of all she thought a little casual chatter in a relaxed setting would do her best. She didn't want to think about the things that needed to be done, or more things to discuss with Ria.

"You haven't heard of any random news in the House lately, have you?" Mostly she was wondering if there were whisperings of things, though most of the members of the House at least seemed to like her. There were still worries nagging at her about Zahi, and even though they had made amends, the four children that came from a litter outside of their relationship could eat at her when she was feeling down.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:19 am
"Uhh.."

She turned so she was facing Mio, though she still kept a respectful distance despite the conversation that was being struck up. She wasn't exactly sure how to respond to that question, she didn't want to cause any trouble. She had heard about the little bird Mio had given to Zahi, that it was quite the sight to see even though he didn't like it. She heard Ria was getting jumpier and jumpier the more she was harassed about finding a mate. Still no one was sure how exactly to handle the lord's illegitimate kids... but all of those were subject to various degrees of exaggeration and none of them seemed appropriate topics to chat with the Lady about. There were some rather random seeming rumors about some of the young ones but that wasn't something she was really sure about either.

"Not really," she said decisively, "I'm waiting for Mei to get back from hunting, she promised to tell me some new stories. Maybe I'll get something more interesting to talk about then." She smiled.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:51 am
Mio wouldn't say that she was disappointed, but she was. She knew that no matter what she did, there would always be some sort of barrier between her and everyone else in the House. That was what happened when one was a Lady. Even when Ria took the helm of the House, that barrier would still linger.

She knew better than to share any sort of disappointment, though, and only smiled. Everyone always worried about worrying her, and it was silly. But she couldn't blame them. Zahi wasn't one to cross paths with, and some of that probably shook off onto her in other's eyes.

"Well, that's good," she said, adjusting some of her adornments along her chest. She used to think they were so silly, but now she was used to wearing them. "Does Mei run into anyone when she's hunting? Or just stories about how her hunts go?" Mio was a little curious.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:02 pm
It was an effort not to get distracted by the decorations that Mio wore and focus on the questions she was asked, she smiled widely when asked about the stories Mei would tell her. Nyayo enjoyed having someone to ask for stories, she didn't exactly wander away a lot so it was nice to have something other than her own imagination to work from. The same was true for any stories told by the older members who did not grow up here.

"Both, sometimes," she said, "If she runs into anybody with an interesting story, I like to hear about it. But if not she tells me about how the hunting went and I dress it up and tell all the cubs." It seemed like a good idea, a lot of them would probably be hunters. And even if they weren't, it kept them entertained. Cubs had more time for stories outside of celebrations, too.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:22 pm
This was a little more like what Mio was hoping for. Some idly chatter that let her have a more personal opinion of Nyayo. Sadly they had quite a shortage of bards, and even artisans. Which didn't reflect all that well on their house, as they were supposed to hold creativity above all else. Zahi's idea of being creative was making what he called shinobi, or a defense force. Mio just shook her head and let him do it, weirdo.

"Oh, that sounds wonderful!" she placed one paw on top of the other, moreso to still her excitement! Mio was always easily entertained. "I'm sure a lot of the cubs like that, it fills their minds with ideas and dreams about the future." When she was young she never had a clue what her life would turn out to be, but hearing about exciting stories of hunting had always kept her engaged with her 'elders'.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:32 pm
"It is," Nyayo said brightly, nodding enthusiastically, hesitating before continuing, "Between you and me, they're the best audience to have for a story! They don't have anything else to keep them busy or distracted and they're not as shy about being excited. Not that I don't like telling stories to everybody, but there aren't celebrations or anything every day." She nodded again. She really did enjoy what she did, she was best for telling stories now but she was thinking about how to make things more interesting. Maybe singing, but she'd test that out with Mei before daring to just sing at anybody. She might not think her own voice was that bad but you never knew what other people heard exactly.

"Oooh, do you have any stories I could tell?" she asked, then quieted herself down a little bit, "I mean- if you don't mind, of course."  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:51 pm
Mio laughed. "I have to agree. Especially soft stories at night, getting kids to sleep, it works wonders." She remembered Nia trying to do something like that when Nyayo and her siblings were still so young. Nia wasn't the best mother, but she had tried hard, even with lots of laughs along the way.

"Hmm, stories? Well, there's one that I like best, but you might already know it, since it's about your mother." Well, adoptive mother, but she had pretty much been all they had known. "Do you want me to talk about it a bit? I don't mind; maybe you can use parts of it to build a more elaborate story."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:02 pm
She shifted her weight a little bit about the bedtime stories, that was one weakness she had now, she wasn't very good at keeping quiet and calm for good stories before bed but that was definitely something she could work on. Maybe if she had more familiar cubs to deal with. But she nodded nevertheless!

"Oooh?" she said, perking up a bit at the idea of a story about her mother, "I'd like that very much." It was always more fun when stories had someone you knew in them, she'd already figured out that using the cubs' names in her stories made them more excited.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:24 pm
Mio smiled. "Ok. I'm glad you're hearing it from me, since I know that facts can get a little mixed when it passes through different mouths." She settled in, knowing that this wouldn't be a simple story to tell in one breathe.

"I'm going to cut it down a bit, since some details can get boring. But when I was younger, I didn't live anywhere near here. Just a normal girl in a small clan of families that shared a small area of land together. It was quiet, peaceful, and very different from the structure of life here. Nia was my best friend there as she is here. While she didn't outrank me there, she always acted like my big sister. Which I never minded, I'm honestly not a very strong soul. I don't know how I'm managing over here, but I am probably because she's here." Mio smiled, taking a breath.

She decided to skip over everything that had to do with Rhy. It wasn't worth the pain to touch the subject of him, not now. "I was out hunting one day, and I didn't return. In actuality, the Lord had found me and stolen me away." She shook her head before continuing. "It wasn't for good reasons, and something I probably will never completely tell, but I didn't want to go along, I can assure you." She nodded, acting like it was in the past, and it was. She had gotten over the pain and confusion from that situation long before they had come to these lands and taken up such a high ranking.

"Nia knew that something had happened. And though everyone had searched for me, she never gave up. Everyone else thought I had died, and they'd never find my body. Nia, bless her heart, refused to believe it, and she left. While I was taken from what I loved, she willingly gave it up to find me." Mio smiled warmly, loving the rush of excitement when they had crossed paths again. "Even though it had taken her a very long time for her to find me, somehow, she did. Even in these lands." And this wasn't an easy place to find. The strangers that had found their way into their borders were usually hungry, tired, and worn out from the terrain. "And once she found me, she never left."

Mio paused for a moment, looking at Nyayo with warmth. "Your mother is strong."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:41 pm
Nyayo decided it would be ok to come a little closer and sit down now, so she moved a step closer and made herself comfortable, wearing an eager smile as she wanted to hear what story Mio had to tell. Her smile widened at the mention of her mother being her best friend and acting as a big sister- but it didn't last as Mio explained how she had been stolen away to be brought here. If Nyayo had heard anything about that before she clearly hadn't believed it. Her expression was more hesitant (but always interested!) as the lady continued but when she finished, she was smiling again.

"I knew you were friends but I didn't realize how close you were," she said thoughtfully, she didn't bother to ask how happy they were here now. Neither Mio nor Nia seemed unhappy here now.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:47 pm
Mio's tail swished behind her, feeling pleased. It wasn't always easy to tell the story of how she got here, or with Zahi. The details weren't nice, but in the end being here had made that experience well worth it.

"Yes, we consider one another sisters, even if we aren't by blood." Perhaps if they tried to look far back in their lineage, as their families had been sharing that land for a very long time, but usually no one could remember too far back. They had always been a very laid back, peaceful group.

"So I do consider you a niece of sorts," she winked at Nyayo.

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff