Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:56 pm
User Image

The sun was delightfully warm, coaxing the green cub out to play after lunch. Those who hunted were napping, and much of the pride was quiet. Others were moving about though, making the exploration of the pride's immediate home area safe. With overlarge paws, Kaleth padded out, sighing in satisfaction as the sunshine warmed his coat.

His brothers had arleady scampered off to do something else, leaving him to his own devices. With little else to direct him, he meandered towards the water's edge. But as he neared it, something entirely new and startling jumped out at him. He stifled a yowl and leapt backwards, back fur fluffed into a bristley little line. His jaws gaped in mimickry of his elders, discovering that doing so helped him to smell it better without getting too close.

He eyed it from a distance, panting in the scent of mud, damp, and water plants. It sat for a moment, looking for all the world like a lump of a muddy puddle. Then it moved again! It flung itself towards him, suddenly sprawling out obscenely long spindly protrusions as it flew through the air. Give up all pretense at being grown up, the cub let loose a sound of fright and turned and feld for the nearest cover, which was a small pile of boulders.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:30 pm
User Image

Kirja had finally had a chance to get away from her parent's den for a little while. She was happy to have the chance, she loved her parents but it was always an interesting adventure to have some time with out anyone else around. She was excited to do this. What got her even more was the idea that she could wander away from her aunt and also her sister. She lovved them jsut as much as her parents but she needed a moment to run around and play by herself. The idea of it made her giggle actually.

She started to run, she wasn't that sure where she was going but she was running she was going to make sure not to go out of the den she didn't want to upset her mother by leaving the pride. She giggled and skidded to a stop as another caught her eye. It was a green lion a cub her age and size, she didn't know of the other lions that were around the pride, not yet anyway. She was learning about all of the members from her mother. Her father was calling her her mother's clone and that just made Kirja want to be more like her mother every time her father or some one else said that.

She was excited when she saw this other cub, the friendly little lioness was happy at the idea of being able to make a friend. she moved a little closer to him pawing at him a little bit and laughing slightly. "Hello! I'm Kirja! What is your name?" She asked curiously cocking her head as she talked to the cub. She flicked her tail around a few times then wiggled her toes in front of her. "What are you doing?"

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:11 am
He tried very hard not to look startled when the little lioness jumped out of nowhere at him when he was fleeing from the green muddy monster. He spun to look at her with wide eyes, his posture stiff right at first. But seeing it was a girl only made him feel all the more awkward for having been running from... whatever it was!

Still, he straightened himself and pricked his ears up as she animatedly began talking. "I'm Kaleth, and I'm...," he paused for thought. Perhaps a companion for back-up wouldn't be a bad idea! "I'm hunting a monster!" he announced proudly, quite as if he hadn't just been fleeing from the freakish looking thing.

He spun back around to peek around the boulders. Yes indeed, there it was, once more looking like a lump of limp water weeds. He eyed it suspiciously, his tailtip quivering behind him. "Look, there it is!" he whispered urgently, crouching down in stalking mode. "Careful, it attacks without warning!" The more he said, the more exciting the game became. "Let's try to circle behind it!" By now he was practically prancing in place in his scrunched up posture, which made for a rather amusing picture, if one were a grown up.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:39 pm
Kirja looked at the male a little confused at what he was doing, on top of that she was even more confused about why he looked so afraid to see her. She wasn't going to hurt him she was a friendly lioness, on top of that he mother taught her to be nice and never be mean. She wanted to do what her mother said and she didn't want to be mean. She bit her lip and was about to apologize to the male but then he started talking and it made her feel better. She flicked her crimson colored hair out of her eyes before grinning ear to ear. "I like your name Kaleth." She giggled nodding at the idea then wiggled her toes in the mud under her then her eyes grew bit for a moment.

"THERE'S A MONSTER!?" She squeaked out loud as she started to bounce away hiding behind one of the boulders. She wasn't that sure of what to do at all but she was scared. "Make it go away!" She squeaked again. "I don't want it to attack!" She started to move away a little more before hiding her face behind her paws. "I know! Come with meI'll get my mommy!" She swauked looking at him her mom would know what to do!

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:45 am
He glanced back over his shoulder at the frightened female, momentarily baffled at her reaction. Girls are so weird, his ears and eyes expressed. But then he puffed out his chest, latching onto a new idea of the game. "Don't worry," he squeaked, trying to lower his voice and sound like a big lion. Of course, it only really made him sound more cubbish than ever. "I'll save you! I'll protect you!"

And with that, he leaped out at the lump of whatever-it-was. He gave as big a roar as he could, which rather came out as a gurgling growl. A small part of him in the back of his head wondered wildly how the big lions managed such a loud sound when he coudln't even manage a halfway decent one!

The monster lurched to the side, clearly startled by the approaching fluffball. Thus encouraged, Kaleth lunged again, this time slamming a paw on either side of it and roaring at it again. Unfortunately, this time it was not at all impressed, and merely sat there, blinking at him.

Quoteth Kaleth, "Rawr?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:03 pm
Kirja squeaked as she hid behind the rock a little more. She wasn't sure what to do with herself at the second. She curled up a little tighter before she paused and took a second to think. It didn't sound like there was a monster. Monsters normally made a bunch of noise. She arched a brow before sitting up a little more and peaked out from behind the rock. She giggled before sneaking forward a little more, she was curious on what the monster that he going after really looked like.

She crept a little closer to the male and then looked around looking at what it was. She blinked for a moment and shook her head. When she was little her mother taught her about a lot of things many things about the pride and every thing around her. And one thing was for sure her mother had taught her about his creature that that male was talking about. "Thats a frog." She said simply, looked at it and laughing some, she didn't want to laugh at him but she couldn't help it she found this very amusing.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:00 pm
For a moment it hadn't quite registered what she said. But her laughter got his attention. What was she giggling about, anyway? It seemed strange to him to laugh after screaming like she had, so he pivoted his head to look at him. It was only then that he realized what exactly she'd said, and that she was laughing at him. He pinned his ears a bit in annoyance, and opened his mouth to respond, when the frog chose that moment to ribbit. In his ear. Loudly.

He gave a yowl of his own, turning to swat at it with one clumsy paw, missing it entirely. It leapt over his head and towards the water, and he spun to follow it. His tail lashed in exasperation as it swiftly made its way back into the water. He turned on his playmate with righteous ire. "What'd you have to go and do that for?" he demanded. "Something can be two things at once, so it can be a frog and a monster, can't it?"

His tone made it clear what his opinion was. Why did she have to go a ruin the game that way? With a huff he threw himself down in the soft, damp soil near the lake's edge and glared at a clump of grass. Girls were no fun.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:42 pm
Kirja watched him with amusement she couldn't help but to find what he was doing amusing. She grinned before going to trot forward a little more that is until she heard the ribbit and then the yowl. She looked surprised for a moment then she cracked a smile before she started to break out into laughter. She looked at the frog before shaking her head a few times. "No! It's just a frog." She giggled again as she moved closer to him pawing at him before wandering over to a rock sticking out of the mud and pulling herself up on it.

She looked as it started to swim away and thens he looked back at him. "I just was telling you it's a frog because you looked scared." She huffed at the idea before flicking her hair out of her eyes again before flicking her tail around then yawning "What are you doing out here anyway? My mama said that many cubs stay at home around this time of the day." She nodded at the idea then arched a brow at him.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:49 am
He scowled at her. Girls were turning out to be no fun at all, at least this one especially. He lashed his tail in exasperation. "I was not scared, and something can be more than just one thing at a time. I'm my momma's cubbie, and I'm an adventurer," he declared hotly in defense of himself. "Besides, you were the one who wanted to run to her mommy." He ducked his head, ears pinned in a sulk.

At first he refused to answer her question, instead staring down at the damp soil and sand and wiggling his toes in it. He began to drag a toe through it, making a furrow, then moving his paw so as to make it circle back around to where he'd started it. "If many cubbies stay inside, how come you are out here too?" His voice was sullen and challenging. He didn't like having his fun ruined by a know-it-all girl with no sense of adventure. He wasn't normally a sulky kind of youngster, but he felt cheated. She was supposed to pretend with him like his brothers did! She was supposed to let him rescue her from the terrible monster. Instead, she'd laughed at him and acted all grown up, like an adult with no imagination. Maybe he'd been better off on his own after all.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:30 pm
Kirja looked at the male and rolled her eyes at the idea. "You were too scared." She huffed again before flicking her hair off of her forhead and looked at him a little more seriously. One thing was for sure he sure at least acted like he really was scared so it wasn't her fault that she thought it. She pawed the ground below her before laughing. "I'm My Mama's cub and I am adventurous too." She growled slightly then shook her head. "I wanted to run to my mom because I thought there was a monder." She rolled her eyes and growlled at him at this whole argument.

She took the male's markings in before laughing. "I know your mommy. She's my moma's friend." she was starting to get to know a lot of the lions that her mother knew because she was starting to get an idea of having so many lions to know likeher mother. She did want to be just like her mother. She loved her mother.

Her attention was taken back out of her thinking state before looking at the male again and then grinning ear to ear. "My mom let me wander around for a while today. She wants me to go ad learn about rhythms not just from her." She said simply with a nod.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:06 am
This girl was just plain weird. She laughed, growled, then growled and then laughed! He gave her a sour look, ears still pinned. it wasn't just that she laughed, either. He loved a good laugh. But she wasn't just laughing... she was laughing at him. Momma always said that wasn't nice, and he was irked that this other cub seemed prone to it. He jutted his jaw and gave her a further glare.

"Well, I came out here to have some fun, and now you've ruined it," he blurted, unintentionally being blunt about his feelings. In truth, he was quite hurt that she seemed to want to laugh at him more than play with him. His little cubbie heart stung with her scorn and was baffled by her mature nature. He scuffed the dirt with a paw and scowled down at the marks in the dirt. "I just wanted to play, not do more learnin." He glanced up at her accusingly, as if she'd told him he had to resume lessoning about these rhythms.

Under normal circumstances he'd have been bouncingly eager to explore the idea of rhythms with her. As any member of the pride, he was growing up with it as part of his daily routine, and he was excited by the thought of going on his rhythm quest when he was older. But right now he wanted nothing to do with it. Pretending was what he'd set out to do, and now he felt he couldn't even do that. Why, she was worse than his mother!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:01 am
Kirja really never did want to hurt the males feeling but as he talked she noticed him starting to sound pretty annoyed. She didn't know what to say about it. She stood for a moment looking at him pretty annoyed before flopping back on her haunches and making a face. "I wanted to play too!" She looked at him dead on in the face before speaking again. "You were really scared, I thought you were anyway. It's not my fault!" Her lip quivered obviously getting upset over the whole matter.

She she looked at him and rolled her eyes. "You know what I'm going home!" She huffed decidedly. She wasn't that happy with this idea of having to go back toward her den. She just watned to make a friend. She stood up off of her haunches and shook her pelt off.

((I would love for them to meet again after this RP. XD))  

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:12 pm
Not having sisters made him vulnerable to feminine wiles, whether intentional or unintentional. Though sullen that his play had been botched, his eyes widened in alarm as she aslo seemed to get upset, and then that lip! How her little lip quivered, and her eyes seemed almost ready to tear up! His concience smote him soundly then, and his ears wilted. Her sudden declaration to go home suddenly made him desperately want her to stay. It was his fault she was leaving!

He leapt to his paws and darted clumsily in front of her. "Don't go!" he squeaked, his eyes searching hers anxiously. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it." He glanced around for something to placate her with, but found no assistance. Grasping for anything, anything at all, to convince her to stay, he finally blurted, "We can play anything you like, your choice!" He sat down and lookedat his paws before mumbling, "And I won't complain about whatever it is." This was a big concession. It meant that even if she chose to play a silly girl game, like Den Mother, he'd have to play along gamely, whether he liked it or not.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:09 pm
Kirja's ears were bent down and she started to wander away tears were welding up in her eyes and she was dragging her feet as she walked, clearly upset by this but she didn't want to cry, she mostly had sisters except for her few older brothers and her one brother. There were a lot of times where others cried and they would get picked on she hated that and she didn't know how this other boy would act about this.

She then paused as he spoke again, she loked up turning aouround looking at him curiously but yet still sadly. "You will? Really?" She asked she wasn't that sure if he was just teasing her or if he was seriou she thought it would be really awesoe if he was serious she would have loved to play with something and now she had the chance to! But the question was if he was serious.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:56 pm
His grumpiness returned, though in smaller measure. He huffed and pinned his ears just a little. "I said I would, didn't I?" He felt his sacrifice was made little of if she disbelievd him. His expression sour, he faced her squarely. "So what will it be?" He braced for some feminine gush of a suggestion. He wanted something exciting to play, something energetic and bold and brave. Surely a giiiirl wouldn't come up with anything like that?

He was beginning to regret leaving his brothers behind. They could have backed him up, and he'd not have even had to worry about what a girl thought. Pshaw, girls and their tears! Always bullying a guy about! Sullenly he set his jaw and waited to hear his doom, hoping desperately that some of the guys didn't wander by and see his humiliation at playing girl games.

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff