MGMT tattoos Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dog mayor

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:37 am
I'm getting Andrews tattoo from his chest, the Real one, put on my wrist in July for my 16th birthday. And then maybe later or at the same time depending on what my parents allow I'm getting "We were fated to pretend" put on my other wrist I believe.

I'm kinda nervous to get a tattoo but if it's for MGMT then I'm fine with it. This band has helped me in so many ways.

Does anyone else have an MGMT related tattoo or are they getting one?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:09 pm
While I do love Andrew's tattoo, and all their lyrics, and the meanings behind all, I don't think I'll ever get permanent tattoos, and discourage you from doing so.  

linda1796

dog mayor

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:04 pm
nothing is going to be able to discourage me from this. i recently went through an extremely dark time in my life and MGMT helped to bring me out of it. they helped to save my life. my tattoos would be a reminder of how far i've come and that MGMT will always have my back with their music.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:51 am
I totally understand, I just have a huge, HUGE fear of getting old, and tattoos when I'm old would be even worse.  

linda1796

dog mayor

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:48 am
hahaha okay. i don't know. i think tattoos when you're old would be kind of cool. something to tell your grandkids about, to help you remember the past. plus with advancing technology there might be extremely simple ways to remove them as you grow older.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:09 am
That's true. For now, I'm cool with henna. biggrin  

linda1796

fnenpnnveiornvpoeinrv
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:28 am
I think it's a cool tattoo. But I wouldn't put it on my wrist... some people still have this image of tattooed people being weird sailors on opium or something; so career wise, having a tattoo on your wrist is not the best choice (just some advice).

And I don't have an MGMT tattoo but I have two tattoos and there's seriously nothing to be nervous about. I'm a cry baby and I didn't cry a bit while being tattooed. It does hurt but it's as bad as being scratched (repeatedly) over a scratch mark.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:45 pm
I want one that says..
"I miss the playgrounds"

Lol  

me syd

linda1796

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:01 pm
Actually, I *think* I totally get the reasoning behind having "Real" tattooed on your wrist. And it's for that reason, or what I think your reason is, that I considered getting that tattoo as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:04 am
I'm not super worried career wise that it will damage me. I want to work in the music industry and a lot of people there aren't exactly pristine no tattoos or piercings people thank god.

Yeah having Real on my wrist is kind of just like telling me to be real with myself and others and stay true to who I am. Plus the MGMT side of it, me paying respects to them and all they have done for me.

dog mayor

Anxious Prophet

fnenpnnveiornvpoeinrv
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:53 am
Oh, it'll be cool then. smile

Are you going to get it in the same typography and everything?
I really like the typeface, it looks like script mt, but it's not that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:22 am
@papermisfit-- nevermindthen...  

linda1796

dog mayor

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:41 am
Yupyup. I have a pretty nice picture of it so I'm gonna bring it into the tattoo place and be like "Here. Do this to my wrist."

@linda- what did you think it meant?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:23 pm
Nooooothing....  

linda1796

dog mayor

Anxious Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:50 pm
I want to know though..... I LOVE PEOPLES THOUGHTS. sad  
MGMT Music

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff