Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands [IC]
[PRP] With a Capital 'T' (Nikonkoni x Kouga)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:14 pm
User Image

Yesterday had been a good start. A very good start. Nikonkoni grinned, remembering her conversation with the large dark lioness in the shade. The sun had been high, both of them had been a bit too hot. But she’d been fine, of course. No need to complain, at least not in front of the Umholi. She didn’t mind stating that ’the sun is on fire’ to someone else, say a certain grandmother of a specific rival of hers. Not that Simo was a real rival, she’d have to be better than Nikon to be that. And Nikon was totally better, oh yes.

But she needed to make sure that was for certain. And if even her cubs were better than Simo’s, well, then everyone would know, wouldn’t they. But the problem was, she needed to make sure she found the best male to father them. Someone with a darker pelt of course, no light hided babies for her. She’d already talked to Matifu yesterday… and now that she’d done her share of hunting she’d some time to find some other source of entertainment…and she knew exactly what she planned to do.

Twilight hung thick and cool around her as she padded through the territory, looking for that male with the black mane. He’d had bits of fur on him, fur that wasn’t his. She didn’t know him yet…and his pelt was also nice and dark…

“Good evening,” Nikon purred, her wicked smile barely baring her fangs as she approached the male she’d been looking for tonight. She could hardly help that there was something about her that screamed ‘trouble’, maybe it was because she was always getting up to it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:51 pm
User Image

Kouga was feeling pretty content, laying there on his back enjoying the cool air. His pelts were tied about his body as usual, because damn it, they were a pain to get back on when he took them off, so he only did so for the sake of washing them. He looked up when he heard another approaching, looking bored.

"I guess." He replied, shrugging his shoulders against the ground before scratching at his chest through his mane. He wasn't sure what was good about it, but then-- she had meant it by way of greeting, not a question, so he amended. "Evening. You need somethin', or just lookin' for some company?"

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:57 pm

Nikonkoni, now that she was close enough to really get a look at him, raised an eyebrow. What was he wearing and why was he wearing it? He looked so...so...ridiculous. She wanted to laugh, except she didn't want to be utterly rude.

"Well, the hunt is done and it's getting cool, so it seems good to me," she shrugged, still eying the dead thing wrapped around him. "...why are you wearing those? Are you cold or something?" the lioness asked finally. He just...it was so... bizarre. At least they didn't stink but...still...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:22 pm
"To show others what happens when they piss me off badly enough." He replied in a bored tone, not even bothering to look at her as he said it. He thought that was the only explanation needed, and so he moved on. "Who the hell could be cold in this kind of weather anyway?" He muttered lastly, having no idea that he was under inspection for her approval, or dismissal, as a candidate father to her cubs.  

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:26 pm

"So...you wear a dead thing...all the time... in this heat... because you don't want people to piss you off?" Nikon repeated slowly, as if she weren't quite sure of what she was hearing. That sounded...so...incredibly...lame. "So... you wear...that...and think it'll do...what exactly? Intimidate people?" Or, more likely, puzzle and amuse them. That was how she was feeling about it right now after all. What was with this guy? Was he really one of the leaders of their pride?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:05 pm
He rolled his eyes as she went on in her reply, finding that her deliberate questioning of his taste was... well...

"Wouldn't expect a female to understand. If you don't like it no one is forcin' you to look at it, woman." He snorted, moving to roll over, getting up and shaking off the dust and dirt lazily. "Well, what in the hell did you come over for, just to make fun of my furs?" He lifted his icy blue eyes to stare at her, half bored. Kamikiel was always telling him that he was too crass with females, even some of the most rough and tumble girls liked to be talked to or spoken in front of civilly, some, not all-- granted --but still. Kouga didn't much care to listen of course.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:47 pm

Oh, so now he was acting like she was female and therefore her opinions were flawed? Please. Who did all the work around here anyway? Stupid boy. If his real pelt hadn't been dark she might have just rolled her eyes and kept going. But attitude was a learned trait. What she was interested in, what mattered, where the inheritable ones. Size, body type, color... and he seemed acceptable in those categories at least. But his skill, his health, stamina... she wasn't sure how to test this in the boys yet.

Well, short of starting a fight. But Nikon had little desire to actually get into trouble.

"I didn't come over here to make fun of you no. But...now that I'm here..." she muttered, grinning wickedly. "I'm more than happy to point out the flaws in your 'intimidate' plan."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:35 pm
He growled softly, ears tucking into his mane a little with irritation, but he didn't make a move. He may be a lot of things, but threatening females was beneath him, even if they did come off as annoying after a while.

"Forget it. Just tell me what you want. Some rogue on the borders need chasing off?"

He couldn't imagine what else, oh, wait. He could.

Kouga smirked. "Or maybe you just came over because you were looking for some company." He said suggestively. True enough, usually he was more focused on fighting, but if there weren't any rogues to drive off, and if the other guys were too busy being lazy, if he had no one to argue with... Well, he wouldn't object to spending some energy on one of his other favorite past times.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:42 pm

"Oh please," the lioness scoffed, rolling her eyes. "I can handle some pest nosing around the borders." Not that the males really did anything else, but when the opportunity arose to sharpen her claws in some fool's hide...why would she come crying to the boys for help?

Well, if she lost she could always complain that they didn't do their jobs. But she was the best. She wouldn't lose. Obviously not.

"Company? Well, I might've been considering it," Nikon teased, poking her tongue out at the male as she added, "But you look so silly in that dead thing, I don't think you're the one I want, lazybones."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:48 pm
Kouga narrowed his eyes, contemplating only briefly. Was she testing him or something? She wanted company, but only if he went without his furs? Well, if he had any hope of fathering cubs and securing his respect among the other males (Not that he particularly gave a crap what they thought, but he didn't really want to be dead last in fathering cubs. Leave that honor for Kamal, where it belonged.) then he'd best get started trying if he could.

But was he really willing to jump just because this female asked him to, for the chance that he MIGHT get lucky?

He scowled, reaching back towards his shoulder with his jaws to clasp the furs there and pulled them loose, letting it drop to the ground. He'd just have to come back for them.

Next came off the leg wraps, both sets, and last was the set of furs on his tail, which was by far the most annoying. Once that was done, however, he was free to move.

He shook out his mane, which retained the odd tail, and gave her an irritated look.

"Satisfied?"

He felt naked without them, as if he had shed his own fur, so used to their weight, their presence. She better make it worth his trouble!

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:10 pm

Nikonkoni grinned as he finally began shedding the furs. Honestly, in this heat...he was lucky he didn't reek. But, actually...Nikon frowned. His fur...was so light on his stomach. She didn't like that. The dead thing's fur had been darker. Hm. Well, maybe it wouldn't be a total loss...

"Well, you look a bit less silly now," she agreed, moving to circle slowly around him. Was she acting meek and modest and feminine? Uh, no, never. Not Nikon. She knew what she was looking for, and what she wanted. And since she was the best, she knew she could get what she chose.

"Why don't I get rid of them for you, I'm sure you're much cooler without them." And with that, she lunged forward, snatching one of the fur-things in her jaws, something smaller enough to carry without tripping her up, and then at top speed bolted off across the territories.

This was going to be more fun then she'd thought!

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games