Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Are you fit? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:31 am
Or rather, do you make an effort to stay in shape and healthy?

If so, what do you do?

If not, why not?

If not, do you plan on ever bettering your physique?

I do exercise. And I do eat well. I drink almost nothing but water. If I drink anything other than, it's juice - 100%. Sometimes tea and coffee, but surely not in excess. I never snack. Etc...

About 40 days ago I was following my own work out routine which included stretches, weight lifting, jumping rope, hula hooping, jumping on a mini-trampoline, yoga, and belly dance.

Currently, about 40 days in, I'm working through the P90X progam. Google it or go to beachbody.com if you don't know what it is. I'm really pleased with it and highly recommend it to any of you who aren't currently active or who are looking for something new.

I'm really interested to see what other people in the guild do as far as keeping fit. And I really hope that you do because it seems so many people these days aren't active. >:C

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:17 am
i'm not the physical excercise type. i just...don't have the energy. i want to increase that, so i do the intense DDR session on occaison....i'm trying to make it a daily thing but personal family situations are making it hard to keep any sort of regimen. my diet is pretty much awful. i don't have any time any more to eat healthy, just the quick coffee and go. it seems like. its just alot of personal situations, plus my anemia thats keeping me from being fit. it sounds like i'm making excuses, but pretty much everyone who knows me personally knows how much of a weakling i am.

i can wish to be thinner and stronger but it just ain't happening.
that, and i don't want to really care. too much is going on in my life to focus on anything.

Ayame_Rikimayu

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:35 pm
Ayame_Rikimayu
i'm not the physical excercise type. i just...don't have the energy. i want to increase that, so i do the intense DDR session on occaison....i'm trying to make it a daily thing but personal family situations are making it hard to keep any sort of regimen. my diet is pretty much awful. i don't have any time any more to eat healthy, just the quick coffee and go. it seems like. its just alot of personal situations, plus my anemia thats keeping me from being fit. it sounds like i'm making excuses, but pretty much everyone who knows me personally knows how much of a weakling i am.

i can wish to be thinner and stronger but it just ain't happening.
that, and i don't want to really care. too much is going on in my life to focus on anything.

I know how it feels to feel like you don't have time to focus on something like that.

But before I started this P90X - just an example - I felt like I was drowning in my work situation. I kind of felt depressed a lot. Just wanted to sleep and whatnot. But taking the time to focus on just one thing, i.e. my workout, has really helped me kind of gain some sort of ground.

If you're anemic you really should be focusing on your diet more, that'll really help.

Here is a site that gives some examples of things that will enhance your iron intake.

Also working out - while it sounds backwards - really helps boost your energy.

I hope this helps. :3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:07 am
I would say so...I take classes at the gym, eat pretty well...I should drink more water though.

I feel like staying fit and healthy is really important, but sometimes I feel like it could also easily turn into an obsession, so I have to keep things in perspective. As long as I'm at a healthy weight and all my systems work and I feel good, whatever I'm doing is working. I'm not trying to win any fitness/body-building awards. lol

And MortSanglant is right - working out does make you want to be more active/productive! The more you do, the more you want to do.

Mydnyte Dystopia

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:14 am
Mydnyte Dystopia
And MortSanglant is right - working out does make you want to be more active/productive! The more you do, the more you want to do.

The same can go for water too.
I used to hate water. I never wanted to drink it.
But I forced myself to because I knew it would benefit me.
After a while, it's all I craved.

Just a hint in case you want to increase your intake. ;3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:16 am
MortSanglant
Mydnyte Dystopia

Hmm, thank you! I often get "grossed out" from drinking more water, but I definitely should get more. I guess I could increase it in increments until I'm drinking what I should be.  

Mydnyte Dystopia

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:54 pm
Mydnyte Dystopia
MortSanglant
Mydnyte Dystopia

Hmm, thank you! I often get "grossed out" from drinking more water, but I definitely should get more. I guess I could increase it in increments until I'm drinking what I should be.

Believe me, I know it's tough. I used to drink absolutely nothing but pop.
When it came to wanting to quench my thirst, pop was the only thing that did it for me. So it was super difficult to make the switch.
I can barely stand one bottle/can now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:11 pm
MortSanglant
Mydnyte Dystopia
MortSanglant
Mydnyte Dystopia

Believe me, I know it's tough. I used to drink absolutely nothing but pop.
When it came to wanting to quench my thirst, pop was the only thing that did it for me. So it was super difficult to make the switch.
I can barely stand one bottle/can now.

i am trying to cut back on the amount of sody pop i drink. i'm not a fan of kidney failure. but i can note that while the amount of physical exercise i don't do hasn't changed much in the past year, my diet has. its not that i'm eating as i should now. if i could rate myself then and now on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the healthiest, i would say a year ago i was a 4.
now i'm a 6. its the caffeine. and chocolate. and salt. i kick those three and i'd be alot healthier...if only that wasn't all i had.... crying

and thanks for the tip, though i have been prescribed the daily vitamins for about 2 years now, but a horrible scare last july has keep me from taking them again. i'm not going into detail. its just some horrible side effect from the iron tablets. called severe constipation

Ayame_Rikimayu

Angelica_Eve_Nguyen

Angelic Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:41 pm
I used to run, but I moved halfway across the country a few months ago and I'm still getting over that. I miss running so much, but I just don't have the motivation. I love water, but the taste of it makes my kinda sick. I'm addicted to Crystal Light. It's not good, but I drink anywhere from 8-10 bottles of water a day with it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:30 pm
I quit smoking recently, I eat pretty well. It's just exercise that I need to work on. I like roller skating at the rink, that's a pretty good workout.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

ElectroPanties

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:28 am
I do crunches and I eat a variety of healthy foods. I used to eat a lot of carbohydrates, but now I eat more fruits and grains. I like going for walks as well, however it's been really sunny lately and I cannot stand direct sunlight.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:41 am
Jadehh
however it's been really sunny lately and I cannot stand direct sunlight.

Uggh, me neither! Heat and sunlight keep me inside. Which is why all my exercise must be done in a gym, or not at all, haha. I'd love to go for a run, or a bicycle ride for some cardio, but it's just impossible. DX

Mydnyte Dystopia

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:52 pm
Go for night walks? Those are always so serene and definitely cooler than during the day.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:29 am
MortSanglant
Go for night walks? Those are always so serene and definitely cooler than during the day.

where i live, that's impossible to do safely. whenever i'm outside for a long period of time, i rely on the good ol' parasol. (which gets me weird looks because not only is it not raining, i'm black.) gonk  

Ayame_Rikimayu

Xahmen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:44 am
I do parkour and freerunning.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items