Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Your top favorite Pokémon generation Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:02 pm
Out of the four different generations of Pokémon games,which one do you like the most and why?
Personally,my top favorite generation of Pokémon would have to be the 3rd generation with Ruby,Saphire and Emerald. I mean,diving under water,creating secret bases in different routes,amazing soundtrack,taking down eco-terrorists(Team Magma and Team Aqua) hellbent on changing the climate of the Hoenn region to whatever they please?It just doesn't get any better than that,IMO,and that's why I think the 3rd gneration is the best.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:33 pm
For me, the best generation was 2nd, Gold, Silver, and Crystal. Way back then, when I was still really into Pokemon, nothing was cooler to me than a new generation. However, by the time the 3rd generation came out and I looked into it, I really lost all my interest in Pokemon.  

Haratio TaFotter

XxScarecrowxX

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:21 pm
Yeah, second gen was pretty much prime... Team Rocket was still trying to be gangsters, night and day differences were super neato, and the day-care center started up apparently showing me that things screwed no matter what they were.

Oh, and the new gen itself wasn't completely bad yet. I can hardly stand anything after second gen... D: But that's just my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:09 pm
3rd generation has always been my favorite. Secret bases, 2 different kinds of bikes, all-new Pokemon abilities, awesome Pokemon like Flygon, and the original Battle Frontier... So many fond memories.  

darkslasherX
Crew

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:52 am
darkslasherX
3rd generation has always been my favorite. Secret bases, 2 different kinds of bikes, all-new Pokemon abilities, awesome Pokemon like Flygon, and the original Battle Frontier... So many fond memories.

^Seconded.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:41 pm
In terms of nostalgia and in comparison to other games of the time, I'd say second gen is best

Looking at all of them side by side and what they have to offer now, I'd say that Diamond/Pearl/Platinum is the best  

nitnit
Captain

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:55 am
My personal favorite was the second generation. I loved the starters and it began the incorporation for everything that is in the later generations: breeding, mutli-pocket bags, variety of Pokeballs, etc. Also, the music for the GSC games are among the best of all.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:47 pm
I like Gold and I believe that would be the first generation.  

Kimiko Mori

6,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150

The Ginger Dude

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:38 pm
Well to me Crystal was my al time fav., and the 1st and 2nd gen. were the only good ones in my opinion, after that it's just.... i mean serisously stop.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:45 pm
nitnit
In terms of nostalgia and in comparison to other games of the time, I'd say second gen is best

Looking at all of them side by side and what they have to offer now, I'd say that Diamond/Pearl/Platinum is the best

Pretty much this.

Though the one thing that kills me is how many "legendaries" there are now.

Having said that, did anyone else rage when they saw Pokemon D/P ep. 189, where Takuto wombo-combo'd Satoshi?  

pathetic_negi_magician

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:02 pm
4th everything was just overall better, EV training was better established, the move split rebalanced the game.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:57 pm
Kimiko Mori
I like Gold and I believe that would be the first generation.

No matter how much I agree that Gold is great, GSC is 2nd Gen.  

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:50 pm
Kunx the Mighty
4th everything was just overall better, EV training was better established, the move split rebalanced the game.
As far as gameplay mechanics go (except Stealth Rock. Whoever made that needs to be... I dunno), 4th gen is definitely the best.

Wonder how 5th gen will turn out. (topic derailed?)  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:57 pm
darkslasherX
Kunx the Mighty
As far as gameplay mechanics go (except Stealth Rock. Whoever made that needs to be... I dunno), 4th gen is definitely the best.

Stealth Ice OHKO's every dragon.  

Kunx the Mighty
Crew

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:58 pm
Kunx the Mighty
darkslasherX
Kunx the Mighty

Stealth Ice OHKO's every dragon.

That would be epic fail. Then again, nobody really knows how 5th gen will be... (unless they already have a rom)  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff