Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:13 pm
POST EM HERE PLEASE PLEASE I'd love to hear what you guys think so far of what's being written/done * _* (for anyone who joined the guild, or people just viewing it and whatnot)

Please do not answer questions unless you are staff! Thank you!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:09 pm
Okay I have a question about fears when questing for characters. There are bound to be a few that are alike so what happens? Does the person that gets approved frist get the fear or what?

Hes a Trap

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:41 pm
^ Regarding fear: it is a very versatile, continuously shifting sort of element. That means if someone's fear is to lets say SHOOT LASERS FROM THEIR EYES USING THEIR FEAR, it doesn't at all prevent another character to have some sort of laser-based attack. As long as it isn't word for word, first come first serve should not be an issue at all mad (also different species have dif strengths/weaknesses, which work nicely)  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:40 am
^ seconding this ~ there's nothing to claim, species or ability-wise. It's like claiming IRL that Person X is the only person allowed to have a lazy eye and the ability to rub their belly while walking.

Actually copying another person is, of course, not allowed ~ even if that person's character is from another shop or whatnot (which probably doesn't even need to be said, but whatevs)  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Hes a Trap

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:35 am
Alright I got it. -headbutts desk-

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:47 pm
Can you give me as much information about FEAR as you can? Such as what it is besides just 'a power' and if natural abilities according to monster legend counts as it or just a side thing, and if its only one per Creature? ETC.  

Souru

Questionable Shapeshifter

11,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:40 pm
Think of FEAR as a superpower. It's basically the "reason" behind what your character can do.

You want an undead skeleton student who has weirdly accurate aim when he throws his own bones? FEAR lets you do that.

You want a demon student who's so rich she has an unholy car that she can summon with her car keys? FEAR lets you do that.

You want a monster student who can bust through walls in a more stylish fashion than the Kool-Aid man? FEAR lets you do that.

You want a ghost student who can possess permanent markers and use them to write insulting messages and start rumor mills? FEAR lets you do that.

You want a reaper student whose scythe doubles as a flute and can use it to summon a dragon? Negotiable, but FEAR can let you do that!

Your student's FEAR can be ANYTHING YOU WANT. You can make it relate to their folklore, or make it relate to them, or make it as non-sequitur as you like!

WTF IS FEAR THOUGH?!
FEAR is going to be your student's special ability to use in our battle system. I'm still in the process of writing that up, but basically FEAR = your special unique attack that will help give you an edge in battle.

You currently can only have ONE special ability. For now. ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:47 pm
And so natural abilities according to said monster's legend, such as my Haetaw/Xiezhi quest...Are they allowed as not FEAR but 'natural ability'? Like how vampires can turn into bats?  

Souru

11,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:50 pm
ADDING TO NOTE:

If the GMs think you're FEAR is too far fetched or too powerful, we WILL discuss it with you and find a way to make it work in the shop. <3 For example, a student that has a spell that can blast their own fanfare might be too much.

Instead, their FEAR might ICly manifest itself as a little imp as small as your hand, enthusiastically playing a tiny harmonica out of tune. With enough practice and homework, it IS possible to turn this little imp into a soccer-playing demon with a vuvuzela.

Or a golem made out of stereo speakers.

Or a giant frog that croaks your theme.

Or a discoball that flashes in accordance to your theme before dropping and falling onto the nearest person.

There's LOADS of possibilities and LOADS of different ways to twist and tweak it to be even more awesome. : D

Keep in mind that your character WILL start small. You're attending the Academy to learn how to better manipulate your FEAR to better uses, after all! ;D Don't be afraid to put down a potential starting point and ending point, or even a vague idea as to what sort of power you'd like. <3  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:56 pm
Question! Mini-pets... it says in the thread that they are rpable. Are you allowed to rp them without an actually character in the shop? I'm going to assume no, considering that would OVERRUN EVERYTHING with mini-pets, but I figured I'd ask just in case anyone else wondered :3  

x_Nata_x

Interesting Conversationalist

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:04 pm
Souru
And so natural abilities according to said monster's legend, such as my Haetaw/Xiezhi quest...Are they allowed as not FEAR but 'natural ability'? Like how vampires can turn into bats?

It honestly depends on what you do with it. :3 In my opinion, someone's FEAR can be their natural ability, however this would receive a boost. Keep in mind that this answer is in relation only to the Battle System -- I do NOT know if this will extend to RP since that's not my department. Answers may vary, no backsies.

IN MY OPINION in this shop, FEAR is the special thing that YOU and only YOU can do. To go with your example, let's assume you have a vampire whose FEAR is all about turning into a bat.

Sure, everyone else can turn into a bat. But YOUR vampire's batform has a wingspan of 7-feet long. The tips of your wings are vaguely human-shaped, and you can manipulate objects. All your hard study has paid off in being able to turn into a were-bat.*

*Were-batness would come after lots and lots and LOTS of study. At first, your student's batform might only be twice as big. Or its wingtips would be able to manipulate objects better. :3

@Nata -> THIS I do not know, I will poke lizbot to it once she comes online and have her answer. :3  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:59 pm
But can we have on-the-side, natural abilities?  

Souru

11,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:02 pm
Souru
But can we have on-the-side, natural abilities?

I'm tempted to say "yes" however I'm going to wait to confer with the other GMs on this. As much sense as it makes sense to me, powers are going to HAVE to be approved/looked over ahead of time to make sure they're within reasonable limits and jazz.

+ research aside from a wikipedia page that backs up what a natural ability IS and what isn't.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:00 pm
In Halloween Town is there a market area one may buy weapons, food, toys, whatever from? Would it be tent-stalls or buildings on a street?

Is there an age citizens are supposed to hit "puberty" or just a special age to be celebrated? (Ex. 13, 16, 18, 21 for us humans.)

I ask because it has come to my attention that my reaper quest-character had to get her weapons somehow, and I was wondering if it's suitable to have it given to her at a "special age" and bought from a market like area.  

S a l l y S h e e p

Strait Jacket Girl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:59 pm
The reapers don't buy their weapons cause they're gifted them basically at birth so to speak, though their capability of handleing it and wielding it effectively will come with age. (Something along those lines but at school they're already received their reaping weapon)

I don't know about the market however, but where the reapers weapons are concerned they have their already. Though these weapons would have stipulations when it came to a battle as not to give reapers an unfair advantage at the start.

I spoke to Maru about it and for the Battle system she said, "Reaper's scythes will be treated like unarmed, and will be blunted with FEAR to prevent lasting injury during combat."

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff