Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Dolphin Mania v2
Should I sell my dolphin hoards or profit? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biyanka

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:19 pm
I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, I contemplated putting this in Fish Help, but I only seen crew members posting there, so I figured I would put it here and it could be easily moved.

Anyway, I've made this thread in the GA Forum several times, but never got a decent opinion really, and I figured there are lots of people in this guild who are knowledgeable about fish and Aquariums, so I might get a decent opinion that might help sway me in a direction!

Dolphins are really expensive in the MP right now. I'm not as good stalking my tank as I used to be, and I have 15 dolphins in my inventory right now. I'm wondering if I should sell the dolphins and get a big profit. I don't stalk my tank, and they're selling for a high price the last time I looked, so it seems that selling might be a good idea, however, I don't need the gold for anything right now. There is nothing I want and even then, I already have a good amount of gold on my account already.

So I thought that perhaps I just keep hoarding them and make a dolphin tank a while down the road (after the Momo's die). I believe in this guild, it was mentioned that we might be surprised with what happens down the road with Aquariums, and I wonder if my Dolphin hoards would come in handy then...

However, I've made a decent amount of gold with my monkeys and grabbed just as much gold grabbing Monsters, Gwee's, and Monkeys as I did grabbing dolphins, so if I sold my dolphins, I probably would replace them with Gwee's, Monkeys, or monsters, because I make the same amount grabbing others. And of course Dolphins aren't in Phin Phang anyway anymore.

If you were in my shoes, would you sell for a huge profit?! Or keep hoarding?

Thanks for reading this long post, I appreciate any help you give me!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:27 pm
I would keep hoarding. I want to get a dolphin tank soon so if I were in your shoes and I had to wait for some momos to die, I'd just wait.  

SuchSweetSadism

8,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Podium
Crew

Lonely Man-Lover

13,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:39 pm
Sell them while you still can. Nobody will buy them when the get more expensive because they wont make any profit in a tank.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:42 pm

i would sell the dolphins. personally, i dont like playing them, i'd rather play a tank of monsters or something else...im not sure if monsters drop gifts, but i know for sure that dolphins never do. and typically, i grab more in a full tank of pretty much any monster than i do in a tank of dolphins. it's not a large difference, but it is there. in a dolphin tank i make just under 3k. in a monster tank i make 3k and over. and i do get 3k and over occasionally with dolphins, but more often than not, i dont.

monsters is kind of general, and a few specific monsters dont get me a lot of gold, mainly the monsters made of blocks. sorry i dont specific names, but i do know what they look like. if it helps, the one im talking about is on the ground, looks like it's made of blocks, and if i remember right, has a weird feather on its head. but thats just me. i get confused when those things are there because they're so big and i cant focus on the gold and the power ups/power downs. im sure there's tons of people that love grabbing from those tanks.

my opinion is sooo hot. ;D

Captain Marbles

5,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Reckham

8,100 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:14 pm
Sell for sure.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:09 pm
I say keep them and hoard them until you see what happens to aquariums. Your gonna be surprised.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

Sami Von Disco

7,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:47 am
azndreams
I say keep them and hoard them until you see what happens to aquariums. Your gonna be surprised.
Do you have inside info? ninja

I would continue to hoard them, especially since you say you don't need the gold for anything right now. It does sound that something... interesting for Aquariums is going to happen, and who knows? Dolphins might suddenly be the go-to fish again.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:01 am
I would say sell while the selling is good. With the outrageous price of them you are more likely to make a higher profit off that then using them. This being with the ghost fish glitch fixed, no more DolphinMania income (Damn I miss it), and the lower demand to have them.

My opinion, SELL SELL SELL!  

_xX Es-One Xx_
Captain

8,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100

Biyanka

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm
Thank you all for your opinions! XD

I should have come here first. I was leaning more towards selling, because I know I personally would have a hard time buying a dolphin at over 600k (as they are right now I believe) so I can only imagine that if they continue to go up how hard others might have a hard time buying them.

I know that there might be some surprising things come to Aquariums, but I don't know... I've been really leaning towards selling. =3  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:02 pm
Whatever, you just went with it cause Es-One said so.
gonk

Captain Marbles

5,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Biyanka

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:19 pm
Captain Marbles
gonk
Joking or not, far from that.

The only reason I was refraining from selling them right off is because I don't like the idea of having a ton of gold on my account, and I wanted reassurance on my original idea.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:50 pm
Definatly sell. If you put the 15 in your tank, you would have to make 10,470,000 gold off your tank in the few months they live in order to make as much money as you would get from selling them (current selling price is 698,000). If you think about it, that would mean that people would have to grab 41.8 million gold off of your tank. I just don't think that's going to happen even if you heavily promoted your tank and got full grabs each time.
Eventually, dolphins will get so high and rare on the MP that people won't bother with them anymore, so I think now is the time to sell.  

Virgo Whiskers

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Pixie-elf

Tipsy Fairy

21,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:20 pm
Biyanka
Captain Marbles
gonk

The only reason I was refraining from selling them right off is because I don't like the idea of having a ton of gold on my account, and I wanted reassurance on my original idea.

You could move it to mules, or sell them on mules.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:00 pm
Pixie-elf
Biyanka
Captain Marbles
gonk

You could move it to mules, or sell them on mules.
Yeah, I thought about that. I'm nervous about moving big amounts of gold over/lots of big items to my mules. I think I read that whatever you trade doesn't matter, it only matters if it's illegal gold/items, but it makes me nervous.  

Biyanka

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:32 pm
Although people don't seem to be buying the dolphins although maybe that's just me.  
Dolphin Mania v2

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff