Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Acne. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sadistic Rainbows

1,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:48 am
What are the best ways to hide/cure acne on your face quickly?

Edit:

I have an especially oily nose
and I get really bad pimples around my hairline on my forehead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:55 pm
Try some medical Acne cream.  

One Flew The Cuckoos Nest

Wielder of Mighty Pencil!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:44 pm
Acne medication will help over a period of time. Also, makeup-wise, base and concealer can help hide acne. If you're wearing a wig or styling your hair you can even use that to cover trouble spots (long bangs and such).  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:28 pm
No chocolate or oily foods (the most acne I get is a pimple at the top of my 4head that is covered by my hair) and maybe try some clean and clear  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Sauru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:58 pm
For acne, it's best to use a good face cleanser and some acne medication. If you need to just hide it, use good foundation and finish over your entire face to make it look even.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:54 am
There is nothing that I know of that helps instantly, besides popping any blemishes, removing the core oils, and draining the fluid((if any)) to reduce the size then waiting for a scab to form and having a crusty look to your face in that area when you apply make-up.

There are special blemish concealers out on the market that help cover those pesky marks. The good ones have active blemish fighting additives as well.

To help fight the appearance of blemishes, use a DAILY exfoliate and cleanser.
For an example: I use Neutragena Daily Face Scrub, that affects blackheads as well, and Cetaphile facial cleanser for your skin type. I haven't had much luck with the Clean'n'Clear brand, it actually made my face break out worse.

Wearing a facial lotion that moisturizes and has a little SPF works well as a foundation too. It isn't as heavy or as oily as regular foundations and it holds onto the powder mineral base.

That's all I've got.  

ll dell Orso ll

Tipsy Gawker

MisaMaiValentine

7,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:26 am
Use a strong astringent and a non oil based concealer to hide it if you can't get the acne away in time.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:40 am
I suggest the tea tree oil line of skin care from the body shop. All natural stuff, yo cool

It works for my skin, and me and you seem to have similar problems (The oily nose, breakouts on the hairline).

To keep breakouts from coming onto your hairline though i suggest avoiding using shampoo or conditioner near where your skin breaks out. That stuff can make breakouts a lot worse, trust me ninja  

FreakingCosmicKid

Artemis Solie

Shameless Exhibitionist

8,100 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:43 am
I use toothpaste to get rid of pimples quickly. Just put a little toothpaste on your finger, and dab it onto your problem areas. It helps particularly with irritating or red, swollen pimples. It brings down the swelling quickly and makes it easier to put makeup over.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:13 pm
I used to get bad acne and I find the best way to get rid of it quickly is to wash with something that has salicylic acid (cleans it, gets rid of dirt and oil) and then find a way to open the skin (the head of the pimple) without too much pressing. Pressing to pop it will cause the infection to go into your skin, creating more pimples. Then, because it's an infection, you can use a powerful over the counter antibiotic ointment. It should dramatically reduce it overnight. Continual washing around your hairline will reduce the acne there.

As for the nose, I like St. Ives Apricot Scrub (that gets rid of blackheads and such), but with strong medicines such as this, you will need to moisturize. It sounds funny, but with dry skin, your skin tends to over-produce oil.  

hirochan28

5,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Eithar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:40 pm
I use a salt/ lemon juice/ water mix, it always gets rid of mine quickly.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:08 pm
To cover them in any emergency I have some basic products in my make up bag! I take one of those concealer sticks that looks like lipstick or the cream concealer with a concealer brush and apply it heavily to problem spots. Then I blend it with a make up sponge after letting it sit for a couple minutes. After that I add foundation and being it is cosplay I heavily apply foundation that is a single shade lighter to get the porcelean doll look. You will actually look like a ghost though so I take a powder that is a shade darker then my normal color to add accents and more coverage. This has always worked pretty well for me. The only problem I have is if somebody is talking to me they can see scabs and stuff like that but in all photos they can't see anything I don't want seen!  

Lady Cecilie

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

HinataShadow17

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:13 pm
White mint toothpaste!!! Apply for two to three days in advance. Then use a conceler that is as close to you skin tone as possible, this should cover any remaining redness.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:18 am
Apple cider vinegar (-NOT- normal vinegar!) has cleansing and acidic agents that have done me a world of help for treating acne and fading scar tissue!

I've also noticed a lack of suggesting good foundation primers and 'colored' concealers -- for example, using a green-toned concealer to help hide redness or the like.  

Rauko_Kokuruim

AdriGail

6,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:03 pm
I USE TOOTHPASTE AND VISINE FOR SMALL PROBLEMS. OTHERWISE, I'LL WHIP OUT THE MEDICATION CREAM. WHAAPA! TAKE THAT FUGLY ZITS!!  
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff