Hats Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:27 am
A bit of a strange topic to bring up, but I've noticed that I haven't really found any hats that scream gothic to me. For the longest time I didn't even wear a hat because I perfered to brave the elements, but now that I'm getting older, I have a few hats.

The problem is this, every time I were my favorite hat to work, I get a ton of compliments from my co-workers saying it's cute...^^* Now granted it is fuzzy and warm, black on the outside, red on the inside, and reversible, but cute?

Does anyone know of any hats that are more of a gothic bent that look good with a trench coat? Anyone have hats they love that aren't really goth?

Discuss: Hats and anything about them.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:34 am
lurichan
A bit of a strange topic to bring up, but I've noticed that I haven't really found any hats that scream gothic to me. For the longest time I didn't even wear a hat because I perfered to brave the elements, but now that I'm getting older, I have a few hats.

The problem is this, every time I were my favorite hat to work, I get a ton of compliments from my co-workers saying it's cute...^^* Now granted it is fuzzy and warm, black on the outside, red on the inside, and reversible, but cute?

Does anyone know of any hats that are more of a gothic bent that look good with a trench coat? Anyone have hats they love that aren't really goth?

When I think trenchcoats, I think mafia. I can't seem to recall what kind of hats I've seen in those gangster movies...  

Setsunika Kageyogi

Dr_lecter1988
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:37 am
Fedoras are the mobster hats.

And I prefer my Band baseball hats, with the stretchy band so it stays on your head. i wear my metallica one almost all the time, i wore my slipknot one, bu ti lost it in the hospital. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:00 pm
i don't like hats that much but i would probably wear a skull cap or band/hardcore baseball cap if i did. i have 1 revrs able 1's that has emily the strange kittie's on it & 1 plain black 1. i started 2 wear the lack 1 2day but changed my mind, my hair was 2 good looking 2day 2 wear 1. lol.  

deadrose_gothik

TheDeviDevil

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:06 pm
top hats.

they work great depending on your trench.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:34 pm
I would have to say the fedora type of hat, or an Indiana Jones kinda hat. I myself prefer those wide, floppy, Hunter Thompson Hats. Which I intend to wear along with some of those aviator style glasses on Feb. 21.  

Darth_Gently

crazykillercat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:02 pm
I agree with fedoras with a trenchcoat... I usually just wear skull caps, with or without the brims. (Do they have a different name if they have a brim?)
Do you want one that's kind of flamboyant or just normal?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:38 pm
I love widebrimmed fedoras - and someone else mentioned top hats.

Those two get my vote. Fedora as first choice.  

Jasta

carnivalium

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:09 pm
I don't know if my hats are 'gothic' per se, but they work pretty well for me.

I have a pinstripe fedora that's pretty snazzy. In the winter I wear a black velvet beret. I own a few pageboy hats, and those look basically adorable on anyone (ie all of my friends, who, granted, are adorable to begin with). I bought a plain black top hat a while ago, dressed it up with sequins, added a veil, and now it looks pretty stylish with my Victorian clothes.

I'm also a huge fan of mod, and hats work well with the style, so throw me anything that's black and white and it'll fit right in with my wardrobe.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:30 pm
I agree with the fedora, alas I don't own any hats...I can't find any that look right with my outfits so usually I just throw some ribbons or flowers in my hair and go for it...but I would like a nice hat or too to mix in my wardrobe...  

Oterys

myredsecret

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:50 pm
the kind of hat that johnny depp wore in secret window.....  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:16 pm
I like wearing a top hat I have. ^ ^  

Little Miss Lunacy

Muted Faith9

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:04 pm
Funny, Austin was just shopping for a top hat online.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:16 pm
I have a nice Fedora hat that works well. The problem is when i wear gloves with it every body calls me Jacko
stressed its a crappy joke, give it up  

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Zarl

Magnetic Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:30 pm
AyameKage
lurichan

When I think trenchcoats, I think mafia. I can't seem to recall what kind of hats I've seen in those gangster movies...

There Called Fendora's

I have one but they have gone way mainsteam about a year or too after I got mine.

(Even quicksilvers is making cheap knock off's)  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff