Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]
[OOC] .:Koti Kaikille:..:Hybrid Pride:. Announcement! Pg. 7 Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Koti Kaikille

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:41 pm
User Image

Now that we've got everything together and ironed-out, we decided to make a new thread! 8D With the mule, of course. <3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:46 pm
User Image

To come...

Koti Kaikille

Koti Kaikille

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:48 pm
User Image

Outsiders........

At the creation of the Koti, Outsiders were rarely welcomed. With so many threats and dangers, Tzachi's paranoia caused the original pride to be small and fearful of others. Tzachi allowed trusted hybrids, those that could prove themselves useful to the pride at the time.

As the times have changed, so have many of the views of the Koti. Their foundation of being aware and cautious around Purebred outsiders still remains, but most hybrids are welcomed without much of a second thought.

Some of the Koti have taken up the belief that not all pures are bad and hateful, mainly those with good relationships with their purebred parents.

Romance........

With so few fertile hybrids, romance is something that is taken very seriously in the Koti. Because of this, it is unlikely for anyone younger than an adult to be in a relationship- and even then, many stay in a 'Courting Period' for long amounts of time before finding a mate.

Gods........

As a general rule, Gods are looked up to and well liked within the pride. This stems from the fact that many hybrids are children of Gods, and the Koti see them as 'better' than the purebred creatures of the mortal world.

The patron God of the pride is Mengi'changanya, the God of Hybrids. Permission was given for this

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:53 pm
User Image

Chancellor .:. Kansleri

The leader of the pride. They are, in essence, a seventh council member, but hold many more responsibilities and powers than the Council Members do. The Chancellor is determined by either their seer powers or their innate ability to lead and decide things for the good of the pride.

Consort .:. Puoliso

This is the mate to the Chancellor. Mainly a position of moral and emotional support, the Consort holds little power. They do, however, hold high status within the pride.

Heir .:. Perijä

Chosen because of either their seer powers or their wisdom, the heir is trained to know how the pride works, in case they need to take action at any given moment.

Council Members .:. Neuvoston Jäsenet

The council that helps make many of the decisions in the pride. Usually, the council members are seers, or those who have intense wisdom. There is a limit of six council members in the pride at any time.

Guardians .:. Vartijat

The guards of the pride. Usually made up of larger hybrids, such as leopons, they protect the pride from any threats.

Scouts .:. Tiedustelijat

Scouts are usually the quicker hybrids in the pride, usually part cheetah, but not always. They go out around the pride borders and beyond to see if there are any incoming threats.

Hunters .:. Metsästäjä

The bulk of the pride. They mainly hunt to provide for the pride and the Youth.

Healers .:. Parantajat

Those skilled in the art of healing and curing others. They must also be skilled in the ways of birthing, in the rare occurrence of a litter in the pride.

Nannies .:. Lastenhoitaja

Normally females, those who are good with cubs that raise them. They usually handle hybrid cubs that aren't with their parents, as hybrid litters are rare things. Nannies must also be able to prepare little ones for life in the wetlands and occasional flooding.

Crafters .:. Taiteilijat

Those who are skilled at making things that are useful to the pride. [

Entertainers .:. Viihdyttäjät

Those who entertain in unconventional ways, or just a non-listed way.

Storytellers .:. Tarinankertoja

The members who tell stories to, usually, young ones, but can also tell stories to the general pride.

Dancers .:. Tanssijat

Those who express themselves through dance to entertain the pride.

Apprentices .:. Oppipoika

Usually adolescents, those who are training in a certain field for adulthood.

Youth .:. Nouriso

All cubs and juves in the pride.

Slaves .:. Orja

Purebreds in the pride. Please see the Slaves section for further details.  

Koti Kaikille

Koti Kaikille

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:55 pm
User Image

Seers........

Duties........

Because seers have sight of things unknown to most of the pride, they are seen to have great responsibilities within the pride. Those that can see the future are usually placed in high ranks, as they can warn the pride of impending threats, or can see any other obstacles headed towards them. Seers that see the present can also be placed in higher ranks.

Other seers, while taken good care of, aren't necessarily placed in such high ranks. Seers that see the past make for good Storytellers, or serve to give information to the Council.

Ranks........

As stated previously, seers usually take on higher ranking roles, such as Council Members or the Chancellor themselves. They are usually kept away from dangerous ranks because of their assets.

Fertile........

Duties........

Fertile members of the Koti are seen as having an immense gift, one that others can be jealous of. As such, fertile pride members are expected to use their gifts, but only when they are ready.

Ranks........

Because of their rarity, fertile pride members normally live a very plush life, kept away from ranks that have any amount of danger in them. They usually take up entertaining ranks, like Storytellers or Dancers, but can also hold higher ranks within the pride.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
User Image

Hierarchy........

Beloved Slaves .:. Rakkaat Orja

These slaves, in actuality, don't do very much. As their name states, they are the 'beloved' purebreds. They mainly consist of purebred parents that have chosen to reside within the pride, or purebred mates that wish to stay with their lovers. These 'slaves' hold the most power, as they are very much like regular pride members, but as a pride policy, they are called slaves.

Personal Aide .:. Persoonallinen Assistentti

The personal slaves to the Chancellor and their Consort, as well as the Council members. They are, besides the Beloved Slaves, the highest on the totem pole and usually have some authority over the lower slaves.

Family Slaves .:. Fameli Orja

These slaves are slaves that are personally owned by the general public. Families or single pride members can own one, and they are generally trained in areas that are useful to the regular pride members.

Breeding Slaves .:. Kasvatus Orja

As their title says, these slaves are used for their breeding purposes. When the pride wishes to boost its numbers, they will breed two different-species slaves together. When they wish for more slaves, they breed two same-species slaves together. These slaves are usually treated nicer, but don't develop any personal relationships with anyone, so they aren't quite as trusted as Family slaves.

Grunts .:.

These slaves aren't usually owned by one specific group or person. They do the grunt work for the pride, and usually consist of non-trusted or rebellious slaves. They are treated worse and given harder lives than other slaves.

Rights........

In Life........

Slaves are generally given the same rights as regular pride members, but on a degraded scale. They are fed, homed, and taken care of, though those accommodations are usually not as nice as the regular pride members.

In Politics........

Slaves are given no voice in political matters, or any matters of the pride.

In Justice........

Punishment for committing a crime against a slave is given, but it is not as severe as punishment for regular pride members. Punishment also depends on the placement in the hierarchy of the slave.

So if a pride member attacked a Personal Aide, the punishment would be something more severe, like an equal beating or something of the like. On the other hand, if a Grunt was attacked, the punishment would only be something like a slap on the wrist for the pride member, and they can go back to their daily lives.

Duties........

Most slaves will simply tend to the wishes and needs of those that own them. In families, that usually implies taking care of the cubs and tending to their needs when they're not with a nanny, and keeping things clean in the dens. They could also be used as messengers for their owner. Breeding slaves answer to no one but the Council when they decide it is time for them to breed. It is because these slaves are rarely seen by the general public, so there is no need to have someone constantly control them.

The Grunts have to do whatever anyone in the pride tells them to do, be it a fully fledged adult or a tiny little cub. If duties are not carried out, slaves will be punished.

Obtained........

A semi-new tradition, slaves are now mainly obtained when juveniles become adolescents as a sort of 'coming-of-age' ceremony. They are sent out in groups and must return with at least one slave to prove themselves as grown members of the pride.

Some slaves, however, come of their own free will, whether to get a protected and cared for life, or someone that just needs something to give them purpose in life.

Leaving........

If a slave has reached the end of its uses, or just wants to go out and start a life of their own, there are ways for slaves to be released.

If a slave has a good enough record, they will probably be offered, at some point, to be released. ICCly, this can be by their owner or the Chancellor. OCCly, owners would have to discuss the situation in which a slave could be released. For lowly, grunt slaves, their release could stem from such severe bad behavior that the pride just doesn't wish to deal with them anymore.

Koti Kaikille

Koti Kaikille

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:58 pm
User Image

Birth........

With birth being such a rare thing for the regular pride members, any birth is followed by a celebratory ceremony, with a feast for the new family and a celebration of the new life in the pride.

Cubs born of slaves, however, are not celebrated in the same way. Hybrid cubs born of slaves are celebrated once they reach their new family, but purebred slave births are ignored for the most part, and life goes on as usual.

Slave Capturing........

As a right of passage for adolescents, the slave capturing ceremony is something that is done right before a group of adolescents head out to capture their first personal slave. It is seen as a way for adolescents to prove that they are entering the world of adulthood successfully. This ceremony is also used to show dominance over the purebreds, and that hybrids really are worth something.

Courting........

With relationships taken so seriously in the Koti, they have devised a ceremony to allow younger members to look around before committing to a relationship. With a small ceremony, adolescents are given a necklace with a small Moonstone in it, to symbolize to others that they are in the process of courting.

Marriage........

Even though relationships are seen as very serious things, Marriages are the ultimate demonstration of love. For a couple to get married, they have vowed themselves completely to their significant other, with no doubts in their minds about the relationship. Those that enter into marriages are seen as more trustworthy members of the pride.

Dry Season........

Because the Koti live in such a wet area, the Dry Season is a celebrated relief from any further water. Dances are held with feasts that last through the night.

Death........

Though deaths are a sad thing, the Koti hold a large feast to celebrate the life of the recently deceased. Dances are held, and story tellers tell stories of the life of the deceased, making a happy occasion of the whole thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:00 pm
User Image

Manda
I'll Get My Feet Wet!
Name: Ezhimala
Cert:
User Image
Uncert: here
Blurb: LADIES MAN. No rly. That's about it. XDD;;; I'd like to get more plot with him and figure out some more of his personality and this seems like a fun place whee
Desired Rank: Scout
Any Details: Nuffin really ~

Silverah
I need to find out for certain under what circumstances she'd be allowed to leave her pride, but I am looking for plots for this one and I'm not sure where a good place to play her would be and I'm intrigued by this group! I haven't gotten to RP her any and I'm still cooking up a personality for her, but here goes nothing. <3

I'll Get My Feet Wet!
Name: Anahita
Cert: User Image
Uncert: Yo.
Blurb: Sorry, still coming up with this! I'll probably have a better idea once I ask around and figure out reasons for why she would leave her existing pride... I know she is generally sweet-tempered, but probably independent to some degree or another, at least enough to find the environment at Ukuucha'Wafalme stifling.
Desired Rank: Currently she's a juvenile, so either way she'd be a youth. She'll probably grow once between now and when this is actually set up... I could conceivably see her running away from an arranged mating (her pride is sort of big on that), in which case I would be interested in her being a healer or apprenticing as one. I don't see her as a guardian, even though she's a leopon, because she's fertile and it seems out of character for the pride to put her in such a position.
Any Details: She's fertile! 8D

Syrius Lionwing
I'll Get My Feet Wet!
Name: Kwini
Uncert: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v21/Colche/soas/big/kwiniadult.png
Blurb: Kwini was loved and adored by her father a very large cheetah but when she became an adult she realised that she was infertile. This made her rather angry at her leopard mother and cheetah father for making her what she was. Of course she was never ashamed of what she is and she developed a real self preservation and also a sort of queen complex. She expects to be worshiped by those who arn't half breeds, she's very obsessed with herself but she's also keen of mind and knows exactly how to manipulate people to get what she wants.
Desired Rank: Council
Any Details: nope infertile and not a seer but a fairly old hybred

Avid_RPer18
I'll Get My Feet Wet!
Name: Saba'Minhaj
Cert: (Don't have one yet. |D; )
Uncert: Boom baby!
Blurb: Born to a small, but long lived pride, Saba grew up on the coast. The pride was a little different in that instead of worshiping the various gods, while they did acknowledge a few, they had a set of lore all their own. They believed in sea monsters and demons in the ocean depths. They also believed that any of their number who were born bearing resemblance to said monsters of lore were to be both feared and respected, supposedly because the creatures could imbue some of their life force into those deemed worthy and were looked upon as demi-gods of sorts. Saba happened to look like on of the principle sea monsters of their lore, which garnered his mother acclaim for producing a worthy son. It was a rare thing, so when it happened there was a big to do. His mother was lifted in the ranks because of her boy and he was fawned over as a cub. For a while, he rather enjoyed the attention. He was never without a playmate. If he wanted something then, he could have it. What have you. However, as he matured, he began to grow disinterested in the constant attention of his pride. The fact that he was a good deal larger than most of the males in the small pride also had cemented his celebrity. There were expectations surrounding him; He was the foretold leader of legend, he would summon the mythic monsters from the deep sea beds to rise and meet the pride that so loved them, and many more.

Fed up with things, very early one morning, he nuzzled his sleeping mother goodbye, and made good his escape. Saba was fully knowledgeable how to hunt and take care of himself so he wasn't worried for himself. He just wanted to experience the world without an entire pride clinging to him and keeping him there. When out in the world, away from the shore, he was able to grow and flourish, becoming the solid, even keeled fellow he is today.
Desired Rank: Dirty baaaaabe, you see these shackles, baby, I'm your slaaaaave. I'll let you whip me if I misbehaaaaave... Ahem. Yeah, slave. ^w^
Any Details: A purebred.

There! >8D

I fully intend on him being a good boy, having a few litters, getting in good with whoever gets him, and decide later if he'll stay or if he'll go down the line. We shall see. 3nodding I might have my cake and eat it too. Dunno yet.

As for the circumstances of his capture, if he heard of the pride and it piqued his interest, then he may make himself an easy target and go with little fuss. Or something. -shrugs-

Edit: I could also add in his personality (meaning I'll most likely just copy it from my plot thread. x3 wink but that might make it crazy long. >w>

LP
I'll Get My Feet Wet!
Name: Narcissus
Cert: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/LPsgaianpets/breedables/SOA/narcissuswithitemscert.png
Uncert: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/LPsgaianpets/breedables/SOA/Narcissus Uncerts/narcissuswithitems.png
Blurb: Nac, like his father is a big softy, though he kinda wants to learn to fight so he can protect himself/others, however he’s not really keen on the whole clawing and biting thing. Like his name states though he’s rather vain and likes to keep clean. He also likes making things out of flowers. (He hates getting wet but having to fish in the jungle, he’s learned to live with it.)
Desired Rank: I’m open to suggestions.
Any Details: He’s a Seer, half goddling. Lim’s his daddy! 8D

[Eskimo]
I'll Get My Feet Wet!
Name: Marakara'mkono
Cert: xXx
Uncert: xXx
Blurb: Blank slate; never been RP'd. ;; I imagine she's nice, but maybe spunky and a bit hard-headed at times? I DUNNO!
Desired Rank: I guess she'd be an Oppipoika for now? I'm honestly not sure what she'd be in the future, since she's so...blank. orz Hopefully I'll get to RP her a bit and figure out what path she'll take.
Any Details: She can be...whatever you need her to be...ololol >>

Seaki
I'll Get My Feet Wet!
Name: Chozi
Uncert: Image
Blurb: Kinda feminine, Chozi isn't the most manly-man out there. He's shy and friendly, generally taking a liking to most others. He tends to fade into the background when he isn't singing or dancing.
Desired Rank: Tanssijat [Dancer]
Any Details: He's Fertile! (:

Painted Moose
I'll Get My Feet Wet!
Name: Safi
Cert:
User Image
Uncert: Image
Blurb: He's inquisitive and always ready to stick his face into things it doesn't in. Safi still hasn't learned the concept of 'no', and always seems to be under the ire of his parents.

He's also a quick witted fighter, learning from the brains of his mother and the brawn of his father to be all around more efficent.
Desired Rank: Vartijat [Guardian]
Any Details: He's Fertile! BD And I know the fertile hybrids are supposed to be kept away from danger, but he would go stir crazy if he didn't get to fight something every once and a while.

Koti Kaikille

Koti Kaikille

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:02 pm
User Image

[size=16][b]I'll Get My Feet Wet![/b][/size][size=10]
[b]Name:[/b] The SoA~
[b]Cert:[/b]
[b]Uncert:[/b]
[b]Blurb:[/b] About them. o uo
[b]Desired Rank:[/b]
[b]Any Details:[/b] If they're fertile, are seers, or bringing a slave with them. xD
[/size]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:04 pm
And we're done. 8D

Koti Kaikille

Schicksalswende

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:07 pm
Lovely job~ <3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:26 pm
|D

Polette
Crew

Schicksalswende

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:31 pm
heart

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:17 pm
Pretty thread. <3  

Silverah

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:31 pm
I'll Get My Feet Wet!
Name: Marakara'mkono
Cert: xXx
Uncert: xXx
Blurb: Blank slate; never been RP'd. ;; I imagine she's nice, but maybe spunky and a bit hard-headed at times? I DUNNO!
Desired Rank: I guess she'd be an Oppipoika for now? I'm honestly not sure what she'd be in the future, since she's so...blank. orz Hopefully I'll get to RP her a bit and figure out what path she'll take.
Any Details: She can be...whatever you need her to be...ololol >>

(You guys forgot the [ /size] at the end of the joining form coding, btw!)

[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff