Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.
Q&A- You got Questions, We got anwsers ^^ Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Councils Voice
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:05 pm
Ok, any questions related to anything that dosen't have its own thread yet and is a simple question. If you have a question that you tink requires indepth thought, make a thread about it! blaugh heart  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:56 am
My friend is suffering from daily chronic migraines and is looking for a magickal remedy since the doctors ran out of ideas 2 years ago. She's tried a lot of magickal remedies already, but if you have any that I could share with her, I'd be most grateful and so would she. Thanks!! 3nodding  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:34 pm
Well, I do not know any specific spells, but I do know of some items that have healing properties that you might be able to use some way:

Herbs, plants, flowers, and trees: Garlic, hops, ivy, lemon blam, mint, myrrh, nutmeg, oak, olive, onion, peppermint, pine,rosemary, rue, saffron, sandlewood, thistle, thyme, violet, willow, and wintergreen.

- For mental powers, which might help in addition to something healing: bay leaf, celery seed, hazel, Lily of the Valley, lotus, periwinkle, sandalwood, and spearmint.

Stones: Green and/or banded agate, amethst, aventurine, bloodstone, coral, diamond, flint, garnet, meatite, jade, jasper, peridot, petrified wood, quartz, smoky quartz, saphhire, sodalite, sunstone, yellow topaz, and turquoise.

- Aventurine, citrine, merald, flourite, quartz.

Before you choose something, research into it's uses, history, and specific properties. Someone else will probably give you a method of use. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:37 pm
Jameta
Well, I do not know any specific spells, but I do know of some items that have healing properties that you might be able to use some way:

Herbs, plants, flowers, and trees: Garlic, hops, ivy, lemon blam, mint, myrrh, nutmeg, oak, olive, onion, peppermint, pine,rosemary, rue, saffron, sandlewood, thistle, thyme, violet, willow, and wintergreen.

- For mental powers, which might help in addition to something healing: bay leaf, celery seed, hazel, Lily of the Valley, lotus, periwinkle, sandalwood, and spearmint.

Stones: Green and/or banded agate, amethst, aventurine, bloodstone, coral, diamond, flint, garnet, meatite, jade, jasper, peridot, petrified wood, quartz, smoky quartz, saphhire, sodalite, sunstone, yellow topaz, and turquoise.

- Aventurine, citrine, merald, flourite, quartz.

Before you choose something, research into it's uses, history, and specific properties. Someone else will probably give you a method of use. 3nodding
Actually, I don't know about citrine; I've always used it as an energy stone, and I'm wondering if that would aggrevate the migranes.

I would recommend going with aromatherapy and meditation. My favs for headaches and such are lilac, rose, and oddly enough, vanilla. For meditations, nothing specific; the more mundane purpose for this is to be in a darkened room, with maybe some soft classical music playing. Sensory deprivation is the goal in this, minus the scents. (that's what you would want to focus on)  

blukattt
Crew

I be me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:47 pm
astral travel through meditation,
I just dont seem to be able to do it
I know that I can cos I've gotten up and forgotten to take my body with me wile I was sleep before
and I have read lotsa books about astral travel
but I just dont seem to be able to do it willingly
I just want simple information
like are you able to do it
when did you first do it
what do you do to enduce it
bla bla bla

and also I quite frequently get this feeling like I am dizzy or swinging backwards and forwards on a hammock when I go to sleep
I also heard someone describe this feeling as something that happens when she meditates
do you know what I am talking about?
what is it?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:57 pm
well i remember something about someone who use to have astral travel. it was extra333 i am not sure if any one else is here who can help. ill research it i am curious about it myself. i have never tried it. could be enlightening. It is said though that in dreams we are always out of body so maybe that could also be true. i hardly ever dream. 3nodding  

FireonYce
Vice Captain

Jeering Lunatic

14,200 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

QueenCrystal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:26 pm
Well see...my bf is a Wiccan, and im thinking about becomming a wiccan, but he says he can use some special, "magic" or something....I forgot what it was...Anyway, he is able to touch me, when he is....like a million miles away! I've felt it! Its WIKED!

But anywho, to the question. Is there like....a uhm..teleport spell or something? Or anyway I could touch him also? Any suggestions/ Ideas? (Besides buying a plane ticket that costs an arm and a leg X_x wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:43 pm
QueenCrystal
Well see...my bf is a Wiccan, and im thinking about becomming a wiccan, but he says he can use some special, "magic" or something....I forgot what it was...Anyway, he is able to touch me, when he is....like a million miles away! I've felt it! Its WIKED!

But anywho, to the question. Is there like....a uhm..teleport spell or something? Or anyway I could touch him also? Any suggestions/ Ideas? (Besides buying a plane ticket that costs an arm and a leg X_x wink

touching some one spiritually is quite simple for me . in general just pushing a part of you twords that person will help them recept it. thats what he used. its quite common, and technically to be wiccan you must be trained by someone who was properly trained by gardner or someone trained by gardner. 3nodding  

FireonYce
Vice Captain

Jeering Lunatic

14,200 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

QueenCrystal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:34 pm
Christo Minaverus
QueenCrystal

touching some one spiritually is quite simple for me . in general just pushing a part of you twords that person will help them recept it. thats what he used. its quite common, and technically to be wiccan you must be trained by someone who was properly trained by gardner or someone trained by gardner. 3nodding
Oh I see....but...he wasnt trained by anyone, he says its...I dunno the word for it....natural. *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:01 pm
QueenCrystal
Christo Minaverus
QueenCrystal

Oh I see....but...he wasnt trained by anyone, he says its...I dunno the word for it....natural. *shrugs*
The whole line of Garnder and being taught by someone is a whole argument in itself, so we will be left open for electic and Solitares. If he taught himself of the faith, then he is a solitare, or a solitary practicioner. If someone else taught him, then he is probably part of that tradition, or they are both Electic, or having their own path.

There are a few people who are "natural" Wiccans, just as someone would be a "natural" Christian if they are born into a Christian family. However, just as their is bpatism and all those other intiatory rights, so does Wicca have its own, depending on the faith. Being a Wiccan is in few ways being "special" from others; you may have a gift for the metaphysical, but that makes you more of a witch than a Wiccan.  

Jameta
Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:06 pm
Christo Minaverus
well i remember something about someone who use to have astral travel. it was extra333 i am not sure if any one else is here who can help. ill research it i am curious about it myself. i have never tried it. could be enlightening. It is said though that in dreams we are always out of body so maybe that could also be true. i hardly ever dream. 3nodding
Ehh, from what I hear, Extra was a predator and scam.

Astral projection is an advanced technique, and even though one may be gifted at it, time will be needed to gain control. When you so have those sporadic moments, focus on how your feeling, and then as you're resting at night, try to bring back those feelings. This may be one of those hit-and-miss experiences where you have to try multiples times to figure out which is the best way for you to connect.

PsiPog.net may have soemthing...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:30 pm
I know a guy at school...He looks very paleish. He wears a black hoodie all the time and has body jewely hoops in his ear. Sometime time he wears a beadshot necklice. I dont know if hes wiccan/pagan or not, but I talk to him sometimes. I want to be friends with him but I dont know how to ask him, so I just say hi to him everynow and then. Hes really cute/cool. So, you guys think hes wiccan or something?  

QueenCrystal

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:01 pm
QueenCrystal
I know a guy at school...He looks very paleish. He wears a black hoodie all the time and has body jewely hoops in his ear. Sometime time he wears a beadshot necklice. I dont know if hes wiccan/pagan or not, but I talk to him sometimes. I want to be friends with him but I dont know how to ask him, so I just say hi to him everynow and then. Hes really cute/cool. So, you guys think hes wiccan or something?
Nah, just because you look one way doesn't mean you are something. Unless they're flamboyant about it, aka, having a giant pentacle hanging from their neck. sweatdrop Get to know him a bit more for his personality before you ask about his faith, IMO. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:33 pm
Jameta
QueenCrystal
Nah, just because you look one way doesn't mean you are something. Unless they're flamboyant about it, aka, having a giant pentacle hanging from their neck. sweatdrop Get to know him a bit more for his personality before you ask about his faith, IMO. 3nodding
3nodding I agree with Jameta; you can't judge a book by its cover. I personally know a pagan who is the head of the Education at my local university, and wears suits. Pagans are in all walks of life; likewise any religious following. He might just dress that way because it looks cool to him. You could always bring up pagan-related subjects subtly, and check his responses, before declaring yourself pagan to him, and possibly into the sights of harassment. Discretion would be the keyword here. 3nodding  

blukattt
Crew

x__CrimsonRegret

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:52 pm
Jameta
Christo Minaverus
Ehh, from what I hear, Extra was a predator and scam.

Astral projection is an advanced technique, and even though one may be gifted at it, time will be needed to gain control. When you so have those sporadic moments, focus on how your feeling, and then as you're resting at night, try to bring back those feelings. This may be one of those hit-and-miss experiences where you have to try multiples times to figure out which is the best way for you to connect.

PsiPog.net may have soemthing...

I remember Christo or Blu mentioning Extra333 when I was talking to them when I first joined the guild..

yeah I remember him being a predator brought up  
The Lavender Lounge .: Questions and Assistance :.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games