Reply Chatterbox/Humor
USMC Allweather Belted Trenchcoat Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:51 am
Yeah, I've been wanting a decent trench coat for a long time modeled after the classic style, but they're always either expensive or crappy. Figured this would be a good one to consider with a cheap price and similar styling. But I don't want to look like a tool if there's some overt military insignias on it. Are there? Patches, emblems, eagle globe and anchor? I figure if no one can tell it's military-related then it's fine. Or if any of you have any other suggestions, I'm open. Preferred color would be gray. Khaki is also fine. Black kind of has that "I'm suspicious, look at me" vibe that I don't want. Small size is a must.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:22 pm
Keep an eye out at Goodwill. I see them there all the time, and got one in just my size in khaki. Paid ten bucks for it, out the door.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:35 pm
That's the first kind of thing I look for every time I go into Goodwill, but no luck yet.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:59 pm
I find them all the damn time. I've found three in my last two visits alone, all milsurp. What size are you? I'll keep an eye out. xd  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:34 pm
I need to remember where the damn Goodwill near my house is so I can go check them out. My friend got a functional original Playstation there, and I would've gotten a computer chair for my room for $20 had I actually HAD $20 on me at the time.

Though I probably would've had to buy some bungee cords as well if it didn't fit in the trunk of his Camry station wagon.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:15 pm
Fresnel
I find them all the damn time. I've found three in my last two visits alone, all milsurp. What size are you? I'll keep an eye out. xd

You probably find them a lot because no one in Arizona needs a long coat. lol

I'm probably around a 36 Regular. But 38 would also probably be fine. That's kind of a guess as I'm not sure my exact size, but whenever I find suit jackets and such, they're usually in 40 at the smallest and that's too big. But I do happen to live next to a seamstress, so a couple modifications could be easily applied if it was a little too big. I'm 5' 7" and of average-thin body shape, so you might be able to just eyeball it somewhat from that.

If you find a nice one for a good price, send me a PM and I'll send back the address and mail you a check.

Also, I'm digging the steampunk look.  

ArmasTermin

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:16 pm
ArmasTermin
Fresnel

I'm probably around a 36 Regular. But 38 would also probably be fine. That's kind of a guess as I'm not sure my exact size, but whenever I find suit jackets and such, they're usually in 40 at the smallest and that's too big. But I do happen to live next to a seamstress, so a couple modifications could be easily applied if it was a little too big. I'm 5' 7" and of average-thin body shape, so you might be able to just eyeball it somewhat from that.

If you find a nice one for a good price, send me a PM and I'll send back the address and mail you a check.

I still wear them come winter. A trench coat and a sweatshirt is the perfect amount of warmth for a winter evening.

The one I got is marked 38XL, which I'm assuming means extra-long, 'cos I'm 6'3" and it reaches a bit beyond my knees. I think the last time I went there was a 36R, but that was months ago, so it's certainly gone by now. I'll keep an eye out for something in that range, though. If I do, all men's jackets are priced at $10, IIRC, and I'll just charge you that plus shipping.

I felt it was about time I went back to my roots for a bit. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:18 pm
Fresnel
ArmasTermin
Fresnel

I still wear them come winter. A trench coat and a sweatshirt is the perfect amount of warmth for a winter evening.

The one I got is marked 38XL, which I'm assuming means extra-long, 'cos I'm 6'3" and it reaches a bit beyond my knees. I think the last time I went there was a 36R, but that was months ago, so it's certainly gone by now. I'll keep an eye out for something in that range, though. If I do, all men's jackets are priced at $10, IIRC, and I'll just charge you that plus shipping.

I felt it was about time I went back to my roots for a bit. 3nodding

Much appreciated. Successful topic is successful.  

ArmasTermin

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:02 am
still have my all weather black trench coat

keeps all kinds of s**t off you  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:12 pm
Recon_Ninja_985

Any idea where I could get one of those? I'm, like, three items away from a Mr. Chang cosplay. ninja  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Son Of No Man

3,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:31 pm
DONT BUY THAT COAT.
I was in the Corps, had it issued to me...it's ******** gay as hell. You will look like such a retard. Nobody in the Marines wears them because they're so awful.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:36 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

Any idea where I could get one of those? I'm, like, three items away from a Mr. Chang cosplay. ninja
I dont think Mr Chang wore a trenchcoat.
i saw him in a suit in black lagoon most of the time I think.

mine was issued but you can probably find them for sale somewhere  

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:58 am
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

He wore a... well, I wouldn't call it a trench coat, but it's a bit more formal, and more thigh-length than knee-length, but essentially the same jacket. Example.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:12 pm
Son Of No Man
DONT BUY THAT COAT.
I was in the Corps, had it issued to me...it's ******** gay as hell. You will look like such a retard. Nobody in the Marines wears them because they're so awful.

How so? What's bad about them?  

ArmasTermin

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:41 pm
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985
Fresnel
Recon_Ninja_985

He wore a... well, I wouldn't call it a trench coat, but it's a bit more formal, and more thigh-length than knee-length, but essentially the same jacket. Example.
hmm...the material is more like a suit though it would seem

the all weather trenchcoat is like mostly very black nylon so that would kind of clash with whatever youre wearing  
Chatterbox/Humor

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff