Welcome to Gaia! ::

Drawing a Day Guild! Improve Your Drawing!

Back to Guilds

Reply Drawing a Day Guild
My mom and aunt made fun of my painting i dont think i want

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ants In Your Pants
Crew

Big Lover

16,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:19 am
It was of a girl on a surf bored with wings flying away from this cage where she was trapped ( the tree is huge and the land is floating ) and i painted her skin and i dont know how to make skin tone and it turned out a little orange and they laughed and made fun of it for about 30 min i dont know i feel a little depressed about it. i felt bad when my mom laughed at it but when my aunt did it pissed me off D:< i hate her so ******** much  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:24 am
That's shitty, I'm sorry to hear that. They should be a bit more supportive of your art.
But don't let their negative criticism get you down dear. Practice makes perfect.
What kind of paints are you using, maybe I can help?  

Psychopompic Rabbits

5,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100

teunie

Noob

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:29 am
that's mean, they are probally just jealouse

this works for many types of paint;
to get skin collor you should start with an light orange tone
much yellow, little red. then add a iniminitipsy blue, add some white for the taste smile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:40 pm
That was really mean! D:<

I hope you didn't let it discourage you from painting, though. o:  

wtf its kae

IRL Cupcake

22,675 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Ants In Your Pants
Crew

Big Lover

16,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:14 pm
@rabbits i use water color paint i want to use oil paint next the first i ever used was acrylic

@teunnie thanks i will try that next time biggrin

@kaenai thanks yea it did but i got over it i spent 3 days on it and im like 40% done D; my longest painting EVER  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:46 pm
Ultimately, It's their loss, because they can't appreciate art.  

Super Weeaboo

Psychopompic Rabbits

5,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:24 pm
Ants In Your Pants
@rabbits i use water color paint i want to use oil paint next the first i ever used was acrylic

@teunnie thanks i will try that next time biggrin

@kaenai thanks yea it did but i got over it i spent 3 days on it and im like 40% done D; my longest painting EVER

I'm not fond of oil, never used water color. I prefer acrylics. ^-^ I'll have to post a few of my paintings on here sometime. I used to paint all the time.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:41 pm
Omg i love watercolor because if the paint drys on the thing that you put it on you can add a little bit of water and the paint is like new! its great! got any tips for skys and clouds? i have dark blue dark purple light blue red orangish red pumkin orange lemonaid yellow black and white and 2 greens like dark seaweed and light seaweed  

Ants In Your Pants
Crew

Big Lover

16,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

teunie

Noob

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:07 am
Ants In Your Pants
Omg i love watercolor because if the paint drys on the thing that you put it on you can add a little bit of water and the paint is like new! its great! got any tips for skys and clouds? i have dark blue dark purple light blue red orangish red pumkin orange lemonaid yellow black and white and 2 greens like dark seaweed and light seaweed

i'm not so into water colors but, don't try to draw white clouds over a blue sky that is suposed to fail xd

i should try to work more in water colors i realy like the effect you can get with it but i don't have the nuts because i work precize and not expressive D:  
Drawing a Day Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games