Reply The Official Australian Guild
Australia Day Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

evilwickedstrawberry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:20 pm
Happy Australia Day, in advance. xd Another week or so 'til the 26th. Have a good one!

Does anybody know what sort of events are happening around the country, especially in Melbourne or Sydney? I know a lot of people just use the day for a good barbie, but a lot of events are organised for those who don't. ^^ Times, places...

Cheers!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:53 pm
Hmm. I guess there will be fireworks somewhere. What's a public holiday without fireworks? Also lots of Hottest 100 parties ^_^

You can find out what's happening around where you are at this website.

http://www.australiaday.gov.au/section.asp?sID=10  

EmWah
Crew

. c i n n a m o n .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:12 am
Of course there are lotsa parties and fireworks and barbecues and the next day is the 27th.

The proclaimed Get-Over-That-Hangover-From-Last-Night's-Partying Day.

and my birthday...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:18 am
EmWah
Hmm. I guess there will be fireworks somewhere. What's a public holiday without fireworks? Also lots of Hottest 100 parties ^_^

And we'll be in Melbourne together, it'll be good times. 3nodding  

DNA_Guru
Captain

nrasjaa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:17 am
we should have a best aussie themed avvie comp, just for fun. meh sounds good to me *goes to organise*  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:28 am
All I know is I'm going on a cruise with a couple of mates...But I still don't know the details sweatdrop
I'm going to have to strap that boy down and make him talk twisted

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

EmWah
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:43 pm
Ooh a cruise? Sounds like fun.

I plan on getting somewhat drunk. In the day time and everything.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:50 am
We're (my family) going on holiday to some beach/lake/body of water with penguins for a few days.
Greeeeat. rolleyes

My friends on the other hand are going into the city.. I want to go with them ;_;

AminoAcid

evilwickedstrawberry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:57 pm
A cruise? I am jealous.

That avatar comp sounds fun...I'd join, but I'm poor. xd

I don't think we're going to do anything, it's been so HOT today *fans self* As far as Melbourne goes, anyway. Hopefully it shouldn't last too long and maybe somebody'll have a barbie.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:02 pm
Yeah I missed out on it last year due to a mate from college who was staying with me at the time and didn't leave until Australia Day. evil And she hasn't contacted me again so I'm guessing I was wasting my time just being her friend. Oh well, I plan to make the most of this cruise on Thursday 3nodding

Beautiful Grotesque

Shameless Hoarder

Lilithia
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:38 pm
Not sure exactly what I'll be doing but I know I will be seeing fireworks. XD heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:26 pm
there be fireworks now? Damn, I've been under a rock.

I know the triple J hottest 100 is on, and that's about my extent of knowledge on the topic. My complex (rawr, go the hottest three units EVER, unit 3, 9 and 11 at uni villas) is having a bbq down by the pool while we deafen our neighbours. And maybe a game of driveway cricket after we've all had WAY too much to drink.

ethuil

StreekG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:10 pm
w00t day off  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:17 am
I've never really done anything to celebrate Australia Day except for watch fireworks.

I think I'll just bum around this year, and enjoy the holiday.  

TrickYMickY

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:15 am
Because its supposed to be over 40 (in Melbourne at least) on Australia day, I will probably be going to my mates for a swim. And then latter on in the evening going to another friends house for a bbq and a few drinks.  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff