Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The People Counter
  Click +1
View Results

Metal Gothic Dragon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:34 pm
Okay, so we all know some of our favorite manga goes and becomes an anime, and the anime tends to be produced faster than the manga, so it ends up telling one story, and the manga tells another.

Take Fullmetal Alchemist for example: first the manga came out, then the anime did. But the anime was being produced faster, so they had to come up with a story so the anime could be contined, and blah blah blah blah, the anime turned out totally different from the manga. So much different, that they came out with a second FMA series called Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. This second series follows the manga very well, but I've noticed it's moving a bit too fast and skipping important things. Oh well.

A list of manga turned anime:

Ah! My Goddess
Bleach
Case Closed
Chibi Vampire
Cho-Bits
Cardcaptor Sakura
Death Note
D-N-Angel
Fooly Cooly
Fullmetal Alchemist
Gravitation
InuYasha
Naruto
Negima!
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Orphen
Ouran High School Host Club
Pokemon
R.O.D
Sailor Moon
Shugo Chara
Spiral
RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Tsubasa
Ultra Maniac
Vampire Knight
xxxHOLiC

I know, I know, there's a ton more out there.
So..... post them!
Compare your favorite manga to their anime!
Any series not on the list will be added when you post it!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:48 pm
The manga version of Fooly Cooly was almost completely different from the anime. Usually, I tend to like manga better than anime but, for Fooly Cooly, I make an exception. The anime is much better.  

ComradeCommissar1945

Lonely Smoker

Mixtress Muzic
Captain

7,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:09 pm
AzureKnightPK
The manga version of Fooly Cooly was almost completely different from the anime. Usually, I tend to like manga better than anime but, for Fooly Cooly, I make an exception. The anime is much better.

Fooly Cooly is the most epic anime ive ever seen so far ._. then again i dont watch much anime.... i read manga more xd  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:02 am
It's so hard to decide which one is better... I prefer anime but I hate fillers cause they usually ruin the episode. And I really hate when they make anime much shorter than the manga. Otherwise, if it's a shojo I'll always read it, not watch. I can't explain it, but I got bored really quickly watching it as an anime (in my opinion, Sailor Moon manga is much better than its animated version) but there are also some exceptions. Yeah I'm pretty confused sweatdrop  

NightmareMoonFairy
Vice Captain

8,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

lunarxgirl
Crew

5,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:10 pm
I like anime but thats probably just out of convence, manga for me is harder to come by. But I dont like how it can be rushed and the voices can be off.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:47 am
i love them both but i like watching anime more though and the newest manga that turned anime that i like is rosario + vampire it is really good and mar is another one that is good so is shaman king...i could go on forever there is a bunch that i love like the db and dbz series and yu yu hakusho and fruits basket is soooo cute and funny  

SephysFangirl
Crew

6,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200

Andro666

7,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:22 am
I mostly prefer manga, because mangas are better.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:02 pm
it varies for me. but if the anime just kinda stops and you just know that there has to be more, the manga version is at my rescue!!!!! xp  

mysticreature2
Crew

4,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Trader 100
  • Citizen 200

kitten clamplover
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:39 am
generally i perfer manga. but it really depends sometimes the anime has things the manga doesn't i like to compare all the pros and cons of both 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:30 am
i like manga alot better than anime  

Celeste The Fallen Angel

4,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100

Otaku_SAn280

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:55 am
SephysFangirl
i love them both but i like watching anime more though and the newest manga that turned anime that i like is rosario + vampire it is really good and mar is another one that is good so is shaman king...i could go on forever there is a bunch that i love like the db and dbz series and yu yu hakusho and fruits basket is soooo cute and funny

yes.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:42 am
both anime and manga are great :/ But the anime does tell a different story then the manga O-o
HIGURASHI NO NAKU KORO NI FTW!
DEATH NOTE FTW!  

Pandeh-L

5,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Contributor 150

lingling366

Interesting Phantom

7,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:28 am
B Gata H Kei manga was hard to read, look stupid scream and hard to understand
but for the anime it hardcore funny blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:06 pm
Hayate No Gotoku! it was obviously different in the anime then the Manga, and the manga is better i think....  

nineznasnagi

YoRHa
Crew

Distinct Conversationalist

12,900 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • First step to fame 200
  • Medalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:23 pm
For me it's Princess Tutu anime over manga~
and Sailor Moon is ALSO very different, personalities are different in the manga and part of the story lines, but I enjoyed both :3
R.O.D. I love both manga and anime, I loved Read or Die and Read or Dream AND I like how they get mixed in the anime.
I liked the end of Chibi Vampire better in the manga, I enjoyed the manga WAY more than the anime.  
Extended Discussion [ED]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff